Sign in to follow this  
Sir Brickalot

(Invasion From Below MOC) Stormer Scout Machine

After the beasts destroyed his Freeze Machine, Stormer was left mech-less. So, he collected scraps of metal on the battlefield, and created the Scout Machine, designed to battle Jumper Beasts.

12593783435_e4920d4179.jpg

What it lacks in size, it makes up for in armour and strength. Stormer equipped it with a bladed staff, powerful spinning laser, orange floodlights and smaller, secondary cannon underneath the torso.

12594228734_bb95f80944.jpg

It is a tight fit for Stormer, however he is well protected once the armour's up.

12593795515_474ca1a076.jpg

It is just as armoured from the back. This is where the power source to the laser is kept.

Now it's time to beat those beasts!

Thanks for reading! C&C appreciated. :sweet:

Edited by Sir Brickalot

Awww, should've gotten Stormer Freeze Machine earlier cuz' now you've got a MOC with the same name as a MOC I'm in the process of making. But, uh, hope the MOC is good!

Yeah, I have that problem every time I try to upload stuff to MOCPages, which is why the 60 or so MOCs I have aren't uploaded aren't there yet.

The Scout Machine sounds like an interesting concept; does it use a bipedal frame?

Nice small mech! The only thing that I would change is the leg armoring. It would probably look better in transparent azure than opaque blue, to match with the transparent bones and laser.

nice one! small ,but packed indeed! i'm interesting on how did you attach stormer there. is it using some connection point to attach, or just depending on the tightness?

Great little mech-MOC. I love how compact and bulky it looks, even though that doesn't really fit with the idea of a scout, and the sword is a bit akward (maybe you should try removing the minifig spear?).

Thanks all! Stormer's attached by a good old fashioned technic pin :laugh: Oh, and I don't have any trans azure, but if I did, I would happily swap it. Thanks again :sweet:

It seems awesomer than I expected, which is great! I love the bulky feel to it, which is exactly what a mech should have. However, I must be the one to say that it's so bulky, it seems as if the armour pieces clank together quite a bit, which worries me somehow. So, do they actually clank together (causing less articulation, which, IMO, is bad?)

Thanks everyone! To answer your question xxlrocka, no, the armour doesn't clang about, however since the limbs are much smaller than the set mechs, their range of motion is limited. You can pull off some great poses though!

Thanks again! :thumbup:

A question for you all- do you think I should change the laser cannon? I've been staring at it for a while and I'm not sure if I should change it.

A question for you all- do you think I should change the laser cannon? I've been staring at it for a while and I'm not sure if I should change it.

the one on the arm? yes, a little bit. probably replace that lightsaber piece with transparent 1x1 dish?