Sign in to follow this  
Yooha

Lasvor in Petraea

After seeing this wonderful little scene by de Gothia, I decided to try myself in Kaliphlin style. Maybe the similarity between that build and mine is too obvious, although it was not my intention to copy it. But I think I will stick to Mitgardia and the buildings with roofs. :classic:

Lasvor arrived to Petraea to visit his colleague and friend Mahir in his shop. At the sides of the entrance some typical ingredients for southern medicines signal, what kind of shop that is - the Akhenaten giant fluorescent mosquito is really hard to catch!

12483712133_3b5d0190f6_c.jpg

12483712703_b6f0d2a7d9_c.jpg

​Disclaimer: I intended to use every brick in an existing color.

Great build! I love the chains in the window and the palm tree is perfect! :classic::thumbup:

Nice approach on Kaliphlin, I especially like the palm tree and the small protruding part of the building below :classic:

Wish we had those gothic arches in tan also in real plastic...

Edit: I hadn't seen that The Simpsons House came with 4 of those, just waiting for a few more to find their way out on BL...

Edited by Gideon

Great to see some Mitgardians aren't following their leaders, and are cordial to Kaliphlin!

Excellent build! Really evokes Kaliphlin! Love the palm tree!

The chain windows are great... I may have to borrow that!

Great build, I am glad you are using your talents throughout the map of Historica. Always a pleasure looking at your stuff!

Very nice build, Yooha, the chains and palm tree are probably my favorite details :wink:

Good work with the ground and roofs as well :classic:

Excellent job, I like the smoothness of everything! :thumbup: Those chains in the window are great too!

I really like the simplistic approach to the wood beams coming out of the medicine shop. Great work on all of it!

Perfect work with this one! Glad to inspire other!

The golden chains in the window are a great detail!

...the Akhenaten giant fluorescent mosquito is really hard to catch!

I'm sure someone from Mitgardia will come along and tell us that their mosquitoes are bigger, fluorescent-er, and harder to catch....

I don't think it's too similar to the build you linked - I think it is just similar enough that they could be in the same village or town. Great scene!

Edited by nstickney

Thanks everone! I'm glad you like that palm tree. It is a shame that the trunk of the tree is not used anymore - I could find only one set where those pieces exist in reddish brown. That other palm tree trunk - that is not to be named - is a profanation of TLG.

Nice build Yooha, I really like the left hand roof treatment, the gateway and the chain window. I would raise the heights of the domed entrance by a brick and of the gate bridge by quite a bit as they are a bit too low for minifigs. I love the palm tree design, but I think the tan clips would look more realistic in brown or green (I live surrounded by lots of types of palm). It's great to see you building in Kaliphlin and I hope you will set more scenes in our fair cities.

..I would raise the heights of the domed entrance by a brick and of the gate bridge by quite a bit as they are a bit too low for minifigs...but I think the tan clips would look more realistic in brown or green...

As for the heights of the buildings, I don't see where a minifig wouldn't fit. Both Lasbor and Mahir are standing beneath the arches and they are standing. If you mean the building above the bridge, it is only for aesthetic purpose. As for the palm tree, that 1x2 modified plate doesn't exist on those colors. Those were my first choices of course, but tan was the closest (maybe black, but tan is more of a natural color).

^A minifig with turban is 5 bricks 2 studs (and a bit) high, I calculate your ceiling clearance on the green-domed entrance at 5 bricks 1 stud.

If you mean the building above the bridge, it is only for aesthetic purpose

yes, I did.

I thought I had a whole bunch of those clips in brown but it was 44302.gif They might work in LDD but not so well in real bricks, I think. Anyway, lovely technique on the tree. I think the nearest colours to most of the palm trees here are light bley for the trunks. but I can never get it to look right in bricks.

:classic:

^A minifig with turban is 5 bricks 2 studs (and a bit) high, I calculate your ceiling clearance on the green-domed entrance at 5 bricks 1 stud.

But there is no green-domed entrance on the scene. :look: There is only one entrance, where Mahir is standing, and a passage-way under the Kaliphlin flag from where Lasvor is coming. All the others are windows.

Another excellent build, glad to see you're still building :thumbup: The window designs throughout the build are excellent, especially the one using chains. Neat palm tree design too :classic: