Sign in to follow this  
gavralcraw

Chibi AT-AT

Yeah. He stands uncertainly under the legs of the lego company AT-AT on my desk - like a baby elephant and its mum. Just loved the design when I first saw it so had to copy it. :tongue:

That's great. An AT-AT is #1 on my wishlist for the next wave of micro fighters. This one's a bit larger though, I guess 200 pcs or so?

That's great. An AT-AT is #1 on my wishlist for the next wave of micro fighters. This one's a bit larger though, I guess 200 pcs or so?

Yeah. A proper lego designed version would be fun. If they could make articulated legs at this scale I would be stoked! A few more pieces than the micro fighter sets but I've not done a piece count og this baby yet.

Lego could do a better design then mine (which is based on Angus') I'm sure. I love the AT-AT so I'm very biased but I think it would be a decent set for lego to do - not as big or expensive as the full lego AT-AT set (even that is not to scale) and a nice size (the big one looks like it will fall and is a bit pricey for most). The detail and cuteness are just right at this scale.

I am keen to get some of the mircofighters. The X-wing looks great. Some purists seem to despair at the new mini's but given that lego figs and vehicles have always been kinda Chibi (one seat cars etc) I think embracing Chibi for star wars vehicles is perfectly acceptable.

Edited by gavralcraw

I got all four OT microfighters. The only one i'm a bit unhappy with is the star destroyer with its ugly pig's snout front (the build is great though). The Falcon is by far the best, it looks awesome.