The Breakout

Commandeered Escape

A Rebel Leaving Corellia

"In The Shadows To The Left"

Imperial Troops Have Entered the Base!

Sand Crab Attack!

"Rough Edges"

There's No Place Like Hoth For the Holidays

After proving myself on Hoth, the Alliance decided to send me on a more important role. They put me and Yeoman on the intelligence staff. Now, some people think of intelligence operatives as those who sit in comfy offices and sift through data all day, but not in the Alliance. We were given a mission to gather intel on Ord Mantell. The Alliance had heard that there were some old Imperial Star Destroyer components dumped in one of various junkyards strewn across the planet. They were dumped illegally by a subsidiary company that helped maintain the Imperial fleet. The company didn’t want to pay the fees to dispose of the parts legally which explained why they ended up in the junkyard.

After landing the Rough Edges we made our way through miles of junkyards tracing leads. We finally ended up along an unused train-way that had fallen into great disrepair.

12165995944_4dafb9b70e.jpg

“We haven’t found anything useful Yeoman, are we sure Intelligence wasn’t just trying to get a couple of new recruits out of their hair?” MKJoshA asked.

“The Alliance is not like the Empire,” answered Yeoman. “They utilize every person they have at their disposal. No one is going to be sent on a wild goose chase just because. And you have to remember, I’ve been with the Alliance for a lot longer. I know some of the people in Intel. They sent us here because they had a valid lead. Now quiet your complaining and keep looking for Imperial markings!”

12165808413_c59787156b.jpg

We were about to continue down the track when a bounty hunter confronted us.

“This is my territory. No one passes through here without my authority!” He said.

12165794303_e6679bfecd.jpg

“How about a sniper shot at point blank range?” Yeoman asked as he squeezed his trigger.

We dumped the body with the rest of the junk and continued on our search.

12165966304_1549f09c59.jpg

“I thought intel work would be boring, but“ thought MKJoshA, “the bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell made me changed my mind.”

12165547585_ea7e9534fa.jpg

12166193586_4c6c2ac9d1.jpg

That's a beautiful pile of junk! It looks just great and chaotic, while the fence keeps it from infecting the whole scene, so you still end up with a clean build. Well done!

I also like how that body is just dumped there, and actually blends quite good with all the rubbish. That color scheme works here.

That gap in the railway is still a bit disturbing though. A 1x1 plate at a an angle would look better here. On the other hand, it's a junkyard, so things don't have to look tidy...

So maybe just wreck that railway some more instead, or add some irregularity to the ground, although it's barely visible.

I really like the development of this story and of your builds. Keep it up!

Nice junkyard scene! It has a lot of interesting parts behind the fence there. The track is also well designed and the whole build looks smooth and clean. You could easily provide us bigger images to see more details ... My only complaint here would be that the track, the engine and the big ship part are all parallel. Try using more angles (different from 45 degrees) to achieve an even more chaotic look which is for sure more suitable for junkyards.

Nice vignette. Just a minor suggestion, maybe you can change the color of the pants or torsos, because both characters wear the same color combinations.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

@BEAVeR: The track was tricky, I tried to make it look run down while still making it a clean build. Thank you for the suggestions though.

@MstrOfPppts: You have a good point about the angles. I hadn't noticed that all three of those things were parallel. I have a build with pretty straight lines in mind for my next free build so I can't say I'll have much variety next time. But whenever I do have angles I'll try to have more variety. As for bigger pictures, you can see bigger ones on my Flickr Page.

@Artizan: Yes, I've noticed that. It wasn't intentional and I already have plans to change it for the next build. It's about time for my character to have a change of wardrobe anyway.