gaut1202

Midi scale Executor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone, I present you my latest MOC. It is an Executor (or SSD) in Midi scale.

Length : 37,5cm

Height : 6 cm

Width : 11 cm

Number of pieces : 448

Estimated price : 60 €

579552DSCN1153500x375.jpg

Here you can look at the ten different elements of the future MOC : two bottom and two upper wings, the structure, the upper greebles, the reactors, two lateral back greebles and the display stand.

499090DSCN1082500x375.jpg

The biggest difficulty was to have an Exectutor the less thick possible. It is still too thick, but I think that I cannot do better yet.

You can see that the bottom wings bent. Although the upper wings follow this bent, it remains a problem.

327773DSCN1148500x375.jpg

To have a bigger greebling surface and good joints, I committed an illegal build. I use the movement of the wings 2x4 to get the angle of the wings 3x12.

The greebles were also complicated. They had to be very close to having a nice render. The tower is too high, but had to be there. The fact that they are light bluish gray like the wings makes them homogeneous. They are longitudinal, wich give them more continuity.

394403DSCN1114500x375.jpg

Like the studio model, it has 13 reactors. They do not have the right alignment, but are coherent.

535872DSCN1115500x375.jpg

Finally, there is no hangar. It would weaken the wings and show the frame, so it would not be realistic.

142846DSCN1144500x375.jpg

In conclusion, we have a coherent and accurate model with very good joints. Problems remain : there is no hangar, the nose bent and we have an illegal build.

If you want to reproduce it, here is the LDD file and its wanted list : https://www.dropbox.com/s/irpm643b5ieccbj/midi-scale%20executor%20gaut1202.zip .

Feel free to give suggestions or to share your opinion about it.

Edited by gaut1202

Thanks for your comments.

Nom Carver, for the rear section : It has the right size. The reactors are on three different levels, as you can see it on the photo, and that is what I wanted to do. The problem is that the real one has four levels, but I couldn’t reproduce the last, and that is why the reactors don’t have the right alignment.

134091ssdrearview.gif

And sorry for not having written [MOC] in the topic title.

Edited by gaut1202

I hope this isn't your best reference picture :sweet:

For small model, you do not need highly detailled pics.

You must just catch the spirit of the ship, and the key features, that's it.

I like this MOC, especially the way you did the greebling on the city-scape. In my humble opinion the tail is a bit long and high.

I agree with Bob, though, that the pic posted isn't the best reference. It distorts the tail section.

Great job on this beautiful MOC! :thumbup: I know how hard it is to get the proportions and details right at this scale. Looks good anyway.

Thanks for your comments !

No, I did not use this picture as a reference, but to show the alignement I wanted to reproduce. There are four leves, I could do three because oh the height of th MOC.

In fact, I did not use reference pictures for the back greebles. I saw the reactors of other executors, Foxhound's, Anio's, to improve their alignement. In this scale, They wouldn't be really use ful.

And Chillis, for the tail : too me, it's too short. But I couldn't have done it better because of the wings 2x4.

Edited by gaut1202