Sign in to follow this  
Fabz

[MoC] Naul-77 (starfighter 22/01/2014)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello,

so here's a presentation of my very first moc for 2014

I bought 2 dino set during sales period . The triceratops parts were so cooll (great colors + rounded shapes) that I 've decided to try something

NAUL-77

12049088346_b01a3b012b_c.jpg

12048612873_bccbc96ed2_c.jpg

12048731234_fe4d104640_z.jpg

12048304745_32608c1fd6_z.jpg

12049148796_5a40b6c635_z.jpg

12048584573_3fb2ebdb24_z.jpg

12048559833_062aa3e0ba_z.jpg

Luba-P

12048538043_c8e8019c93_n.jpg

Edited by Bob De Quatre

That's some great parts usage, Fabz! The Dino tails give the ship a great organic shape. I would never have had the idea to incorporate these parts in this way. The only part that doesn't really fit here is the Tie cockpit window, imho. The ship looks really sleek and the window somewhat disrupts the flow of the build.

Also, I really like the pilot. I don't recognize the headdress, is that maybe from the mummy theme a few years ago?

This beautiful build caught me off guard! Those parts you used... I don't know how you do that!

This is pretty much the most organic ship I've ever seen. Those shapes are fabulous (I don't recognize the dark brown big cockpit pieces in the back, though), en flow seamlessly together. You've succeeded in making this hotchpotch of parts into a coherent and beautiful ship. the color scheme really helps there.

The technical details are really well done. It's especially amazing how you've decorated the inside of the tails. That must have been hard without any studs to work on.

As for that cockpit, I'm surprised you used the older version of the TIE canopy. The nex one doesn't have those blocky features, and would make it look beter. Maybe a custom solution would be even beter. A regular bulbous cockpit combined with brown levers and flex hoses would make it look even better, I presume.

Anyway, I find these "Dinosaurs on a spaceship" really succeeded. Are there more coming up, or was this a one-time-crazy-idea?

That's some great parts usage, Fabz! The Dino tails give the ship a great organic shape. I would never have had the idea to incorporate these parts in this way. The only part that doesn't really fit here is the Tie cockpit window, imho. The ship looks really sleek and the window somewhat disrupts the flow of the build.

Also, I really like the pilot. I don't recognize the headdress, is that maybe from the mummy theme a few years ago?

Thanks.

I really wanted to use this old cockpit to have a "flat front part " for this starfighter

The fig accesory for the head come from a pharaoh's quest mummy (reversed)

This beautiful build caught me off guard! Those parts you used... I don't know how you do that!

This is pretty much the most organic ship I've ever seen. Those shapes are fabulous (I don't recognize the dark brown big cockpit pieces in the back, though), en flow seamlessly together. You've succeeded in making this hotchpotch of parts into a coherent and beautiful ship. the color scheme really helps there.

The technical details are really well done. It's especially amazing how you've decorated the inside of the tails. That must have been hard without any studs to work on.

As for that cockpit, I'm surprised you used the older version of the TIE canopy. The nex one doesn't have those blocky features, and would make it look beter. Maybe a custom solution would be even beter. A regular bulbous cockpit combined with brown levers and flex hoses would make it look even better, I presume.

Anyway, I find these "Dinosaurs on a spaceship" really succeeded. Are there more coming up, or was this a one-time-crazy-idea?

Thank you ;-)

*The greebs inside the wedges that make the tail is a technic I've already use for my R-type starfighter close to one year ago (with different parts of course , no difficulties to mention)

*Yep for the cockpit I really prefer this one for this particular starfighter , beacause of those blocky features. I thought of the new version of this bubble windscreen and I really love them, but the dual 2 fingers to fix it was a problem. If I had used this one , the cockpit would have lose its compacted form and did not fit with the size of the body of the ship

*Well I have only 2 triceratops , I don't plan on making a second ship with these (even if I have other ideas :tongue: ) , maybe if I find some others dino......

Incredible build! The integral use of the triceratops bodies is truly blowing my mind!

I'm always amazed by your creative ships! There use of the dino bodies are genius and give the ship an organic look. I really like the shape of the ship as well and you fig looks very scary (but in an awesome way :grin: ).

Thank you very much everyone.

Glad to see you like this special starfighter :sweet:

As everyone else has said, this is an amazing organic build. Very nice!

But whyyyyy...why you have to kill some prehistoric dyno to make a spacecraft from it? :laugh::grin:

Anyway, strangely good idea/concept...I guess some Danniken fans (being myself one of them) would scream from thrill :wink: keep it going, my archeoastronautic friend :sweet:

This is great minus the tie window thing!

Ya, the SW front canopy is a bit disappointing comparing to whole good concept, anyway there is still space for improvements for everyone of us, no big prob here actually :tongue:

Edited by bublible

Oh that's cool! I love such clever parts usage as the boat hulls and dinosaur bodies. It all comes together so well too. I'm glad I chcked in to catch this. Thanks for Sharing!

If you never had said dino, I wouldn't have even noticed that it was a section of dinosaurs body! Great use of pieces!!