Zenerius

What is your least favorite HF/Bionicle/Slizers set?

Which Bionicle, Hero Factory, or action figure set in general is your least favorite?

Personally, I disliked the whole Galidor theme in general. The parts from that theme are nearly useless in the current system.

My least favorite HF set was Rocka XL the build and structure was terrible (for some reason I hated witch doctor but he is not as bad as Rocka XL) I just hated Rocka XL ugh.

The Mask of Light sets weren't that great, if you ask me. And I didn't care much for the Toa Mahri either. Not an underwater fan.

As for HF, I'd have to say maybe Nitroblast? Or the Fire Villains in general. They weren't that great (though I must admit I did like Fire Lord). Also didn't like Jawblade much either.

Slizers - nothing stands out to me as Bad

Bionicle - Stars Rahkshi...it literally took out all the soul and spirit of the original (the Kraata) and stripped it down to some horrible yellow dwarf.

HF - Any Rocka set- not because of the set itself, but because of the silly hype generated around him. Also, Rocka sets are not too good.

Slizers: Don't own many of them (yet), but none stand out as bad to me.

BIONICLE: I was never big on the Hordika. If I had to pick a singular set that I despise, probably Solek (or Av-Matoran in general). Very uninteresting characters.

Hero Factory: Evo Walker all day, every day. I don't even own the set and I can feel safe in giving it this prestigious honor.

Also Rocka XL was pretty terrible in a lot of ways.

Worst post-new building system HF set is definitely Scarox, closely followed by Evo Walker. An utter insult to the system and to the buyers. I got it at 6,50 Euro for the parts, and I still feel kinda ripped off.

Worst BIONICLE set? Probably Gali Mistake-a.

My least favourite Slizer was Rock, but I liked them all really.

Edited by Shakar

Hmm, I think the Bionicle Stars were the worst that could happen to the theme, they just took epic figs and made them ridiculous with those matoran bodies...

For HF as many stated the Evo walker is just a pack of parts put together randomly, it's really a mashup.

For the slizers Turbo was the weakest IMO. Although the rest were all pretty awesome (Scuba was my fav, but I only have Flare)

Edited by Csacsa234

Bionicle: Bionicle Stars. What a terrible way to end Bionicle. The only good set was Tahu, and that was because he had two brand-new molds for his Hau: One in Mata Red and one in Pearl Gold.

Hero Factory: Fangz, Jet Rocka and Evo Walker spring to mind.

Slizers/Throwbots: I don't have any.

Quite definitely the Stars. Even the battery pack bonus set(s, I only got one) look better to me. On the same note, HF 1.0. The villains were pretty good, all things considered (the 2.0 building system is what made it a lot easier to build proper villains), but the heroes could have used quite a bit of work.

Edited by DraikNova

I didn't really like the Stars too much, but I got all of 'em anyway. The re-release of the Avohkii and the new Hau mold were kind of nice. I bought a whole bunch of Throwbots/Slizers set a long while ago (with some sets already constructed) and I have to say they were nice, too.

From the sets I own, my least favourite is arguably Toa Mahri Hahli, simply because she suffers Lime Plastic Syndrome.

The Toa Metru come in close second (I own two of them, Vakama and Matau). While I really liked the design of their legs (same goes for the Rakshi), their arms and torsi were kind of a let-down to me.

While I didn't bought any of them, I'm also not too fond of the Toa Hordika. They just looked kinda bleh to me.

EDIT: On second thought, the Toa Metru take the cake. While Hahli had parts with bad quality, her built itself was pretty decent.

Edited by ZORK64

The Galidor is the worst thing from LEGO and i was told that theme almost killed LEGO.

Other then Galidor, there are not any action figure i don't like but there are parts of Bionicle and Hero Factory i don't like:

Bionicle the thing i don't like it, is the 2005 Hordika sets because there arm and leg are the worst thing i have seen, With other sets i dislike are the both Good Guy and Bad Guy, i mean what was they thinking on making those, they have made some that are better like 2008 Good Guy and Function.

Hero Factory there are not a lot of good sets, I don't like the IFB Mech they are not good and the Evo Walker and XL are the worst plus the episode for it is bad good as well because they went too fast. With Brain Attack the Aquagon ,Dragon Bolt and don't get me started with Rocka in the Rocka Jet, plus the episode just mostly promotes there weapons and gadgets, i mean really one part Bulk look like he was promoting his hand.

Rocka XL is awful

Bulk 4.0 is TERRIBLE

Bruizer made me cry blood. HATED IT.

Evo Walker.. why

Evo XL.. male genitalia? For kids to grab and spin? WHY.

Bulk and Vapor.... a w f u l

Hordika taught me how to do some "things" bad sets

Onua Mistika made me stop buying bionicle sets for 2 years (when glatorian hit clearance shelves)

Keetongu's color is gross

Mantax.. no

Good guy and Bad guy.... no no no no no no no no no no no no no

All of 2004 besides nidhiki and the vahki. Hated those for some reason

2004-2005 made me cry

Stars were boring

Bought Galador when I was younger. T E R R I B L E

Only product like that has sealed sets that sell for less than retail price regardless of being nearly 10 years.

Nearly killed lego

Failure in price, and in sales.

Ultrabuilds

DC/Marvel were good for nothing but parts

All chima good guy ultrabuilds were bad.

razar > all ultrabuilds

Rocka XL is awful

Bulk 4.0 is TERRIBLE

Evo Walker.. why

Onua Mistika made me stop buying bionicle sets for 2 years (when glatorian hit clearance shelves)

Mantax.. no

2004-2005 made me cry

Stars were boring

Bought Galador when I was younger. T E R R I B L E

Only product like that has sealed sets that sell for less than retail price regardless of being nearly 10 years.

Nearly killed lego

Failure in price, and in sales.

Ultrabuilds

DC/Marvel were good for nothing but parts

All chima good guy ultrabuilds were bad.

razar > all ultrabuilds

My god man! Is there anything you don't hate?

As for me, I can't say I hate any of them. Yes, some could be better, but I still like all the sets. Even Galidor. *looks at Nick in the TDN module displayed proudly on the shelf*

Edited by Jetrax99

My god man! Is there anything you don't hate?

As for me, I can't say I hate any of them. Yes, some could be better, but I still like all the sets. Even Galidor. *looks at Nick in the TDN module displayed proudly on the shelf*

85 HF sets

300 bionicle sets

I like a lot of sets.

You even like good guy/bad guy?

You even like good guy/bad guy?

Those poly bag sets. They look nice for what they are, but I doubt I'll ever get my hands on them.

Those poly bag sets. They look nice for what they are, but I doubt I'll ever get my hands on them.

You can't be serious.

I sorry but i agree with Mephek you can't be serious. I mean have you seen them.

I sorry but i agree with Mephek you can't be serious. I mean have you seen them.

Yes I have. And apparently you guy didn't read. I said "for what they are". They're just one-off promotional items. They're not supposed to be extremely thought out.

And I never said I wanted them. Not even close. Don't hate them, but don't like them either. I just don't care.

A lot of those promos included surprisingly good and rare parts. Need I remind you of the Turaga Lhikan promo? Also, my greatest non-stars-build letdown is Mahri Kongu. The cordak ammo's fragility and the sets overall aesthetics were a bit bleh, to tell you the truth.

Worst BIONICLE set? Probably Gali Mistake-a.

LOL, I forgot about Gali Mistika. She'll probably have to take the place of Solek for me.

And wow@the above discussion. y u so critical Mephek, Bruizer was okay-ish ;-;

Edited by Mesonak

I'm going to stick to Bionicle/Hero Factory. Galidor, Ben 10, and Slizers were all too similar to eachother to really compare.

Now I split this into two categories. The first would be, the worst set based on the execution and functionality of the set. For Bionicle, this would be Umbra. I think his execution was poor, it didn't feature any recolors, and had a rather uninspiring design. The roller skate feet were a toss up and unique, but I don't think the set itself was really something that screamed "buy me." Hero factory wise, there are a lot that I have disliked, but Fire Lord was a pretty poor design, even considering it was their first time creating a titan with the new system.

The other category is worst representation of a character. For Bionicle, this was the entirety of the 2008 toa. They did not accurately portray the characters we once knew, especially Gali and Onua. Sure, there were some similarities, like Kopaka's telescopic eye (now with 95% more lasers) and Pohatus shorter stance, but they just didn't do it for me. One could argue that the Inika and mahri were nothing like their matoran, but the Nuva were characters we had already seen as two incarnations of toa, and those are the ones I had developed a distaste for when the new designs were revealed. For hero factory, It's hard to say, because I don't get much characterization from most of the characters. I think the 2.0 series was the poorest representation, because they lost all individuality. They had different gadgets and colors of spikes, but other than that they really didn't show characteristics of their original personalities.

Rocka XL is awful

Bulk 4.0 is TERRIBLE

Evo Walker.. why

Mantax.. no

2004-2005 made me cry

Stars were boring

Oh, god, You're the one who made that genitalia comment about Evo XL. :hmpf_bad:

For God's sake Lego figures have had gears and stuff in weird places for years, the Toa Mata had them sticking out of their backs. Saying it looks like genitalia on a set that doesn't even have A HEAD is totally daft. While I Don't own Evo XL Machine yet, it looks good, but there are WAY more valid flaws with it than this.

And what was wrong with breakout bulk? (or 4.0, as you put it) seemed way better than the Brain attack version to me, but meh.