MKJoshA

AoM: Gatehouse Phase III

On the border of Mitgardia and Nocturnus, just south of Hykerbia there is a heavily defended gate guarding the way into Mitgardia. To increase it's defensibility only one portcullis is opened at a time. After everyone who is passing through the gate has entered the inner portion, the first portcullis is lowered and the second is raised. If trouble brews while travelers or troops are within the inner portion of the gate, archers can fire down thorough the floor/roof to quell any problems.

12017037353_f6b5ef06da_c.jpg

12017022993_3ed1d2d402_z.jpg

12017089723_7e7311bd5f_c.jpg

12017602756_b49fe6cc5a_c.jpg

12016682105_64032960d7_c.jpg

12017001193_b2a5a1294c_z.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome! This is my third and final entry for the Gatehouse portion.

See more pictures in my freebuild entry which tells Wyndor's story at this gate.

Edited by MKJoshA

Very nice and smooth stonework, MKJoshA, and it still has just the right amount of variation :sweet:

The combination of light and dark gray helps a lot as well :thumbup:

The only thing that is a little off is the groundwork on the Mitgardian side, it seems a bit sporadic :wacko:

Cool! I think it is a smart idea to have too gates, and even smarter there is a hole in the floor for archers to fire at enemies. I really like the angled towers, it all just looks so awesome! Great work!

I like the angles you added with the offset towers, they really take the moc to the next level, nice job!

Awesome Gatehouse MK, most likely your best moc yet! It's really great to see how the AoM challenges and improves the Mitgardian mocers at such an enormous rate! :thumbup:

Lovely gatehouse, I like the double portcullis and the murder holes :thumbup: The dark bley slopes at the bottom of the walls also look good.

Congratulations on completing the three Gatehouse Phases :classic:

A suitable build for completing the series, and a very good build generally!

I like the towers placed at an angle a lot, and portcullis design was really clever :classic:

Nice approach to the gate and the owl is a great touch! :thumbup:

I picked up the owl in a recent bricklink order. Couldn't resist since it fits so well with Mitgardia!

Very nice and smooth stonework, MKJoshA, and it still has just the right amount of variation :sweet:

The combination of light and dark gray helps a lot as well :thumbup:

The only thing that is a little off is the groundwork on the Mitgardian side, it seems a bit sporadic :wacko:

Yes, I see what you mean (of course it's only after I've taken pictures and posted them that it becomes obvious :hmpf_bad: ). I was going for a textured feel, but there is definitly room for improvement there.

Great work. The trees really well done.

Thanks! I've been experimenting with tree designs for an upcoming build in Avalonia. It's hard stuff!

Cool! I think it is a smart idea to have too gates, and even smarter there is a hole in the floor for archers to fire at enemies. I really like the angled towers, it all just looks so awesome! Great work!

Thank you for all the praise!

Nice and clean. Wonderful job man... I also like the border you made :sweet:

I'm actually not too happy with the border, but I'm glad you like it :laugh: I thought it looked too sporadic even though it is symentrical. I have plans to make it more mellow for my future builds.

Awesome Gatehouse MK, most likely your best moc yet! It's really great to see how the AoM challenges and improves the Mitgardian mocers at such an enormous rate! :thumbup:

I've really enjoyed this challenge, thank you to you kabel, and to all the Mitgardia leaders who are putting so much work into it!

Lovely gatehouse, I like the double portcullis and the murder holes :thumbup: The dark bley slopes at the bottom of the walls also look good.

Congratulations on completing the three Gatehouse Phases :classic:

Thank you!

A suitable build for completing the series, and a very good build generally!

I like the towers placed at an angle a lot, and portcullis design was really clever :classic:

The portcullis took me so long to get right. I'm glad you like it!

Stunning, surroundings, tower designs and base all very good, as are the photo's. Looking forward seeing more AoM entries!

The angles on the towers are great, they help break the shape up to give a nice perspective. The portcullis design is pretty nifty too. Great job.

Nice! Love the angled towers, and the concept is sweet!

Wow, what a blast from the past! I'm glad you like it ISC, Thomas, and Infernum :grin:

Nice, I like how the towers are on an angle and the portcullis is very inventive

Really nice work! :thumbup: I really like in particular the angled towers :wink:

Nice, I like how the towers are on an angle and the portcullis is very inventive

Nice how the towers are angled!! Very nice gatehouse!!

Really nice work! :thumbup: I really like in particular the angled towers :wink:

I'm glad everyone likes the angled towers! :sweet: