Sign in to follow this  
PenPlays

Book II Challenge 1 (Category A): The Fire Inside

indexed.gif

Previous Part: Reclaiming the Fort

Dawn of Ages

Chapter 3: Wrath of the Undead, Part 3: The Fire Inside

Mallock the Malign had arrived to the peak of the volcano.

"Now to spread the curse of the undead upon all of Historica," he said.

Runes began to form around him when Sakuseisha pushed both Mallock and himself into the volcano.

"No!" Yama shouted, uselessly reaching out for his master.

"The only way he would survive is if the prophesy of the Master of Spinning Elements is his," Shiro said.

Down the volcano's empty throat, Sakuseisha kept a tight grip to Mallock.

"I will not let the death of the Higashino Masutaazu No Senshi be in vain!" the old Sensei said

"Then my apologies." Mallock burst into smoke, reforming with a cloud at his feet. He glided down with Sakuseisha until...

Sakuseisha gracefully touched the molten magma with his staff, the staff barely sinking into the heat. He spun himself around..., and around..., and around...

img_7581.jpg

...until a tornado of flame formed around him.

Mallock stood in shock.

"I have the FIRE INSIDE!" Sakuseisha said. He began to forge waves from the lava, pounding against the walls, and eventually consuming Mallock and the Death Cane. Only his teleportation magic could have saved him...

The threat of a Guildwide undead infestation was thwarted that day, by a prophesied Master of Spinning Elements... a Spinjitzu master!

Category A is the third, and final part of my MOCs for Challenge 1.

img_7580.jpg

And yes...

img_7584.jpg

...This MOC meets the 16x16 base limit.

C&C is welcome.

I'd like to claim the following credit for UPDH:

Landscape Design: Extreme Environments (lava)

UoP DoH +1 for your claimed credit, but I don't think this build will qualify for the contest. Nice try, though.

Haha, nice way to incorporate Ninjago into Historica! Another great build!

Another effort of my ongoing attempts at tying in as many Lego Themes as possible into Guilds of Historica (whether the future or the past!)

There will be more on that later.

Also, this isn't the fist time I've done an obscure tie-in. Some of my earlier builds regarding the history of Historica are riddled with castle references. (Two of my characters are also direct tie-ins, but that will remain a secret for now!) It does take a bit to notice them, as not everyone knows the names of certain characters Lego never bothered to fully introduce.

UoP DoH +1 for your claimed credit, but I don't think this build will qualify for the contest. Nice try, though.

Thank you for your vote!

I posted it before 'midnight anywhere' (about a half hour from midnight on the US West Coast to be exact :grin:). Being that that isn't clearly evident. I will say that the rest of the build technically qualifies.

Interesting story and great floating effect for Mallock :thumbup:

Thank you! The 1x1 round with a recessed hole is a fantastic little piece.

Nice effects! Cool story too! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks. I was little worried about the lava, but being that, in reality, lava is more of a solid color, it worked out quite well (Its not very clear but the lava does have a waviness to it)

Thank you all for the kind comments!

NINJAGO! Yes!

And now, Legends of Chima please. :grin:

And Clutch Powers too, nice. :classic:

Edited by Lord Duvors

That flying wizard looks great! And simple but effective lava technique, UoP +1 for that.

Creative interpretation of the base limitations, I hope it is allowed :wink:

NINJAGO! Yes!

And now, Legends of Chima please. :grin:

And Clutch Powers too, nice. :classic:

Congrats for being the first to find the Clutch Powers tie-in! I have a very interesting plan ahead in explaining how Mallock exists so far away in the future (from Historica's timeline).

As for Chima. Being that the Outlands in the story seems to be absolutely insane in size, I can't exactly justify a location for it on the planet. Meaning that getting Chima in the story would be quite a ways down the line. I haven't even thought about it being in the story, but if there is an opening...

Interesting interpretation of the base rule... :wink:

I especially like the swirling fire. Nice job. +1 for the lava! :thumbup: