Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

Book II: Challenge 1 (Category B) Bad News

indexed.gif

Bad News

After defeating the Cyclops chieftain and forcing the army to retreat, Xaris decided to build a small fort as a base in Nocturnus. He had his men get to work immediately; after a few months, though rather ramshackle, the fort finally took shape. Xaris stationed archers and guards on the battlements, and dispatched messengers to all the four corners of Nocturnus to receive intelligence on the Nocturnians' battle plans. Meanwhile, he has had the Cyclops chieftain's son, Kentr, and his human advisor, Ralph Benay, locked up in the small prison the fort owns and kept alive as an example of those who challenge the Black Spire. However, one of the messengers soon arrives with bad news. Very bad news. Xaris' brother Berelan Gryffen has travelled to Nocturnus to confront him; with him are Mitgardian Rangers and two tribes of orcs loyal to Nocturnus. This force is converging on the fort; Xaris is under siege.

4fad287d-c09f-404f-9357-4d9bcbb52206_zps1a4e9cc6.jpg

d87163bb-b50b-4274-bc4c-1b10aa158d34_zpsee95d1eb.jpg

13206a42-8492-414b-b97e-4ba969e7ccda_zpsbad7025c.jpg

45d2859a-75fe-49a5-8824-dbc0b4496684_zps46792c88.jpg

d5b1b443-2c21-4907-8609-efd3636a10bc_zpsb8f5570e.jpg

I know the base is rather small and it isn't really a proper fort, but I've never built one before...

nice job for 1st try man :) btw havent seen this lock/round tile before.. cool part xd

Edited by Gunman

The lock is available in almost all the new Castle sets (I don't think Forest Ambush). I personally got it from Gatehouse Raid.

Edited by Dragonfire

Nice figure posing, you have a good start here. Even though it is small, it still gives the impression that there is a larger compound behind it.

To darken it up a bit, I would try switching out some of the green grass plates for brown/black plates if you have any. It would give it a little more of a Nocturnus feeling.

Looks good! I like the posings of your figs!

Some improvements

Add tan, dk tan, brown or some cobblestone in front of the fort. Right now it´s grassy so it looks like no one walks into the fort.

Remove your background, easy work in Gimp (which is free)

Very good for your first try at a fort :thumbup: I like the way you built the entrance and the stairs/prison in the back look great :classic:

Nice start for your first fort - this looks like it could be a modular section from larger fort. That fourth images is really well set up, you give the impression of being right inside of the fort :thumbup: .

A plainer background would help the overall impression (poster board or a plain sheet would work well for a backdrop). And the ground could definitely use some roughing up (brown/grey/dark tan pieces to give it some dirt and pebbles here and there) - I think I just basically repeated what de Gothia said, but these would definitely be good areas to make improvements.