Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vladivus

Book II: Challenge 1: Category A: Shadowmere Stands

indexed.gif

The siege had been tough. The Black Spire had seemed to have uncounted warriors. But the Legions of Shadowmere, augmented by the enemies fallen, risen again in a parody of life, had managed to hold, and only the outer walls had been breached; admittedly for the first time since Shadowmere was built. All the more reason to acknowledge the threat the Black Spire poses to Historica.

Some of Lord Vladivus' Moruth Rangers had cornered a Varylioan General fleeing through a ruined section of Shadowmere's walls. Vladivus, along with Krell the Necromancer, and some of the Shadowmere Guard have arrived to "interrogate" the general.

11871583386_c86fe148d8_c.jpg

Vladivus: "So, it is you then Juan-Pedro. I had hoped that it wasn't. What has Ravaage paid you to lead this assault? You know I treasure not gold and other gems, nor are you likely to find fair maidens within these walls."

Juan-Pedro: "V-v-v-Vladivus, I promise, I had no choice."

11871020963_38d210402c_c.jpg

Vladivus: "I care not."

He turned to the Moruth Rangers: "Kill him. Leave enough for Krell."

11871018123_f74e0f3280_c.jpg

Juan-Pedro: "No! Please, Vla..... Ungghhhhh"

An arrow flew and pierced his skull.

Juan-Pedro fell to the floor with a thud.

11871190884_5cdf7a2222_c.jpg

Vladivus: "Krell, take his body, and find out everything you can."

...............................................................................................................................................

An overview, without figs.

11871193004_e21e589e1c_c.jpg

My entry for Category A.

C+C welcome.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Reminds me of the scene from Mulan when Shan-Yu orders the good guy to be shot.

This is really great too! Amazing how fast you have improved. But hey, that's the power of GoH, it's happened to most of us!

Cheers guys!

@kabel, yeah I'm pleased with myself- GoH is really great for inspiration. It's really made me start to push myself, and take more pride in my creations!

@mcrp6d thanks! It was originally only about half the height, but I kept building it up. It wasn't really needed for the photos, but it sat on my table and just looked unfinished. I got the idea for the layers from Legonardo and Gideon. Real castle walls have this so I figured it would be accurate.

Thanks guys!

@ZC, it's the most complicated thing I've tried to do- I'm a "build a 1 stud thick wall" kind of guy, but I wanted to try new things and push myself. Baby steps, but I don't want to overwhelm myself and bite off more than I can chew. I'd also imagine the wall to be at least twice that thickness were I to build the whole thing.

Thanks guys!

@ZC, it's the most complicated thing I've tried to do- I'm a "build a 1 stud thick wall" kind of guy, but I wanted to try new things and push myself. Baby steps, but I don't want to overwhelm myself and bite off more than I can chew. I'd also imagine the wall to be at least twice that thickness were I to build the whole thing.

I need to push myself that way as well. You have inspired me now...

I need to push myself that way as well. You have inspired me now...

Do it! It's rewarding- although I've found trying several new techniques gets frustrating quickly, try one or two at a time, and get comfy and happy with those! I'm glad to have inspired, that's what GoH is for, and I think that sometimes gets lost in the rush of getting builds out- it's not necessarily about the quantity, but the quality of the builds, and improving yourself!

Good job getting so much details and story into that small build :classic:

I'm glad to have provided inspiration, but I in turn was inspired by historical walls.

The ruined wall looks great and fits perfectly with your story :thumbup: Excellent landscape too, great color choices :classic:

Thanks!

@Gideon, it was seeing your build and your inspiration behind it that made me want to try it, but it got put off, and then I saw LD's Ilyria build just as I was planning what I was going to do, and it grew from there.

Poor guy =(

I like a lot how the moc looks without figures, reminds me of 300 the movie at the pass.

The terrain is interesting too. :thumbup:

Poor guy =(

I like a lot how the moc looks without figures, reminds me of 300 the movie at the pass.

The terrain is interesting too. :thumbup:

Poor guy? He'd betrayed his friend, and Historica to boot! Vladivus doesn't take kindly to traitors!

Thanks!

Great story Vladivus - excellent work dealing with that traitor :devil:. The ruined wall and the irregular base are very well done, with lots of great detail and nicely picked colours.

Your images have a bit of a blue hue to them - this can usually be avoided by setting up the correct white balance (WB) when taking the picture. I think many cameras will have some setting where you can pick outdoor/indoor/incandescent bulb/fluorescent bulb/etc. and making sure to select the right one should help avoid the slightly off colour. (Or, alternatively, it can usually be fixed using a 'color balance' or 'photo filter' tool in a digital editing program)