Sign in to follow this  
DonBrizzel

MOC mini moc stand

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey again everyone. I have been working, the last couple of days, on a stand for my mini MOCs. I did a Death Star square complete with turret.

I was looking for constructive criticism to make it better.

Here are the pictures:

ALONE:

Stand_Alone.png

WITH Y-WING MINI MOC:

Stand_Y-wing.png

WITH X-WING MINI MOC:

Stand_X-wing.png

Thanks for looking, guys. Let me know what you think!

-DJ

very interesting idea, would be nice for the mini fighters that came with the planet sets, since those displays are slightly lacking.

The only thing I would see, is to expose some studs that recess in the surface, or more tiles elevated above the surface. Nonetheless, these stands are really great! It really adds extra value to these already great micro's. The cannon is a great addition. Some laser beams could make the scene more dynamic, especially combined with a posing of the fighters on a certain angle, and not as straight as they're placed now.

I'm a big fan of these ships and diorama's. I really hope you make some more.You could make multiple modular DS modules, and who knows what else!

Nice work. :classic: I'd add a base around the MOC, just to give it a final refining touch as a display piece. (There are lots of different ways you can do this; my preferred style is a 1-wide SNOTed base using curved bricks around the edges, as can be seen here or here or here, for example.)

Absolutely no criticism, that looks really well done!

Very much appreciated, thank you!

very interesting idea, would be nice for the mini fighters that came with the planet sets, since those displays are slightly lacking.

If I get enough requests for it, I am sure to fold under the peer pressure and post the LDD file if anyone else wants to make one. I will probably do it anyway, I am not greedy and want everyone to enjoy it, not just me.

The only thing I would see, is to expose some studs that recess in the surface, or more tiles elevated above the surface. Nonetheless, these stands are really great! It really adds extra value to these already great micro's. The cannon is a great addition. Some laser beams could make the scene more dynamic, especially combined with a posing of the fighters on a certain angle, and not as straight as they're placed now.

I'm a big fan of these ships and diorama's. I really hope you make some more.You could make multiple modular DS modules, and who knows what else!

Thank you for the kind words. I was actually thinking myself that it may be a little flat still. Will work on the layers again.

Nice work. :classic: I'd add a base around the MOC, just to give it a final refining touch as a display piece. (There are lots of different ways you can do this; my preferred style is a 1-wide SNOTed base using curved bricks around the edges, as can be seen here or here or here, for example.)

Ahhh I like that, sort of the finishing touch to make it a show piece only. I will work on this. I could also use the colors of the Starships in the border to make the actual Starship stand out. One of my biggest fears, which looks like it may have happened, is that the detail in the stand would become the main focal point and take away from the Starship, which is actually supposed to be the focus of the piece. Thank you!

That's a fantastic idea :thumbup:.

Thank you for the kind words!

Edited by DonBrizzel

One of my biggest fears, which looks like it may have happened, is that the detail in the stand would become the main focal point and take away from the Starship, which is actually supposed to be the focus of the piece.

That's a good reason to keep color out of the stand, actually. The X-wing is red and the Y-wing is yellow — as long as the stand is all greys, you shouldn't have a problem with focal point. I don't think you'll have that problem right now with the almost completely light-bley stand.