Sign in to follow this  
trooper 278

Acclamator class assault ship

First thought: Wauw, I am in awe!

Second thought: aren't you a bit short for a storm trooper? Shouldn't the triangular part be a bit longer, making it a bit pointier.

Third thought: I love the amount if detail on it even thought it isn't actually that big.

Superb build! What stirikes me, is the fact this isn't a one dimensional MOC. From every angle, you've created a beautiful profile. The bottom part looks really good. Technically, everything seems really well built. The greebles are well made and original. Also, the back fin looks fantastic.

I do agree with the ship being more pointier. Also, I like those grill tiles and the railings around them. But I canT spot them on the actual ship. A republic logo is missing however. That'll make the ship way more recognizable. Since you make such nice greebles, I wouldn't scare away of adding some to the elevated part where the bridge is mounted on. I would like to see some more tiles too, especially with the red markings. That would make them stand out more and give the ship more identity.

Those things would give your already great model even more of a UCS feel. Cause you're really on the right way!

Thanks to all and thanks for your suggestions!

I do agree with the ship being more pointier. Also, I like those grill tiles and the railings around them. But I canT spot them on the actual ship. A republic logo is missing however. That'll make the ship way more recognizable. Since you make such nice greebles, I wouldn't scare away of adding some to the elevated part where the bridge is mounted on. I would like to see some more tiles too, especially with the red markings. That would make them stand out more and give the ship more identity.

Those things would give your already great model even more of a UCS feel. Cause you're really on the right way!

You are right, I will definitely try this. I also do agree that the ship should be pointier, however this really depends on the point of view:

http://starwars.com/...media/slideshow

http://starwars.wiki...over_Ryloth.png

I will try and add the proper ship´s front photo ....

Edited by trooper 278

It's not so much the front needing to be pointier, it's a need to balance it out against the fin at the back.

Im not sure on the angle of the front, but I really like the sleekness of the rear fin and the build of the engines! The bridge looks proportioned well, though im not sure on the angle of the maroon stripe (vertically).

Excellent work trooper 278 :thumbup:

I'm very impressed by your determination to build this considering the limited, and inconsistent, source material that you've had to work with!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png