Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

Winter Village: Village Square Clock Tower (and candy dispenser!)

Here is my entry for the competition! Sorry for the poor photography, I just moved and haven't had a chance to set anything up yet.

Naturally, a Winter Market/Festival would be held in a village square. At the center of all the bustle and business of the festival prominently stands the clock tower.

11663276103_6922c8e8fb_z.jpg

Here we can see the community band has set up a small grandstand and is about to play some holiday tunes for all to enjoy. That tuba player can't wait to start playing!

11663386814_ea381e8d7a_z.jpg

It has been a tradition of mine to incorporate a hidden candy dispenser into part of my winter village every year, and now I share that with you...except that 3rd party elements are not allowed, which I am pretty sure includes candy. So here we have simulated candy with minifig heads (sorry to be so grotesque, but you get the idea--just imagine they were candy pieces. If you are having a hard time imagining, visit my Flickr page where you can see the candy for real)

11663806666_4b37a5a674_z.jpg

An illustration of how the dispenser works. Or, my kids can show you.

11663805346_ba557aba66_z.jpg

Here is a more detailed picture of the clock face and ornamental architecture of the historic village square clock tower. You can see there is still some as-yet unmelted snow lingering on the stonework.

11663287543_9d5d081ed6_z.jpg

See this set on my Flickr page for more photos, as well as some brief video clips showing the candy dispenser in action. Thanks to everyone at EB for making this contest happen, and thanks to all of you for your awesome entries! Happy holiday!

rodiziorobs on Flickr

Edited by rodiziorobs

Interesting entry, a head dispenser.....okay :blush: , good luck with your design and Brick On 'rodiziorobs' ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Wow! What a lovely design! The band and head dispenser are nice touches, too. This is very easy on the eyes. Way to go!

strange candy though ;) your minifigs seem to be canibals?!

...a head dispenser...

...head dispenser...

Ha ha! I guess I totally had this coming, thanks for the humor and kind remarks.

BTW, if TLG ever does license a candy that is minifig head-shaped, I'll be expecting some of the credit :grin:

Nice work on the clock tower and I love the candy dispenser idea!! The band is also a nice touch (I especially like the drummer!)

Excellent stuff!!

This is really great! I love the dispensing of heads. It's such a barbaric action in such a refined society, as seen by the clock.

EDIT: I just realized these creations are stinkin' old. That doesn't change the fact that they're great, but I was confused, and the world should have the option to know when I'm confused.

Edited by Actor Builder