Cecilie

MOC: StarCraft Zerg Ultralisk

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I made this Ultralisk as a Christmas present for my brother, who's an avid StarCraft fan. He loves playing Zerg, and a year ago he jokingly asked me to build him a huge Ultralisk out of Lego. It may not be huge, but he had totally forgotten he had asked me for that anyway.

Team color is lime green. I chose that because green is my brother's favourite color, and I thought the lime green popped well with the brown (besides, I seemed to have a decent amount of lime green in useful pieces for this).

11544727036_f8aef4fa31_c.jpg

11544743423_73bac9751c_c.jpg

11544740933_ded8083178_c.jpg

11544634004_6cc1831562_c.jpg

More pictures on Flickr :sweet:

Would look great with my Hydralisk and Joshua777's Zergling. =) Also, this is a confirmation to my theory that if one combines 2x1 plate with twin clips and small balljoint it creates a stiff, poseable connection. :3

Edited by -N13OS-

Woo, cool. That is one clever build.

Thanks Pep :sweet:

Damn *oh2* Very neat build, the little lime in the color scheme looks very good, congrats!

Thanks. Yeah, I like how the lime popped with the brown.

Would look great with my Hydralisk and Joshua777's Zergling. =) Also, this is a confirmation to my theory that if one combines 2x1 plate with twin clips and small balljoint it creates a stiff, poseable connection. :3

Yeah, the connection works very well. Sadly, I didn't discover it myself, others use it too :wink:

This is a great build all around. I want to play with it!

Thanks, but no touching! :look: It's not super solid :tongue:

Yeah, the connection works very well. Sadly, I didn't discover it myself, others use it too :wink:

Well, your Ultra is first I've seen. Besides, I am a virtual builder so I can't test the connection for myself. Alas.

Well, your Ultra is first I've seen. Besides, I am a virtual builder so I can't test the connection for myself. Alas.

I hadn't seen it before, I think most people are better than me at hiding the connection :laugh:. I saw one MOC that had a joint I couldn't figure out, and someone told me that was probably the connection he'd used, and I went "oh, you can do that?!" and proceeded to try it out here :tongue:

Cecilie,

Brilliantly rendered Starcraft II genus Ultralisk. True, it is a tad on the small size, we will call it a runt. Definitely not a Torrasque strain. Easily recognizable due to the four tusks and such. Props for the endeavor and effort as creatures can be a real pain to model in brick. When the pictures first loaded, I was reminded of this ridiculously funny fan art someone did and that made its way onto the Blizzard fan art page:

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/media/fanart/?view=fanart-0137

About the team color, I will leave it at the Zerg have a keen interest biologically in bioluminescence and call it a day.

3D LEGO

Interesting to see this thread get a revival! Thanks for the nice comments guys :sweet:

I've actually thought about redoing my Ultralisk at some point, there are some things with this I'm not too happy about.

That looks great! Colour scheme is amazing and the tusk/claw/pincer things are very well done! Only thing I'd like to add is about its legs, which look a bit short to me. Slightly longer legs will bring the ultralisk closer to its real scale, which is giant in the game. :laugh:

Edited by Sorrelon