Simon_S

Challenge 1 (A): A Bad Nocty!

indexed.gif

Chapter 1: The Little Vagabond Tavern

Chapter 2: The Discovery of Nalderic

Chapter 3: A Warm Welcome

So on the way to the Genius Malignus he had to pass the mystical fire ring, which still was controlled by the old regime. But there were only a few ways through it, and there wasn't even one where no guards of Nocturnus were attendant. So he looked for the smallest and most hidden one. He found an old, almost burned bridge where only one guard stayed at. It was...

A bad Nocty!

So the fight begun...

11189049375_644f620fe1_z.jpg

...and it ended with a burned Nocty.

The End

To be continued...

Challenge 1 ©: The Genius Malignus

Edited by kabel

I love the use of burnt orange. Is it just me or did I miss when Lego started using different shades of orange? All-in-all this is a great build! Your base especially stands out as stellar!

I love the use of burnt orange. Is it just me or did I miss when Lego started using different shades of orange? All-in-all this is a great build! Your base especially stands out as stellar!

Thank you! It's already pretty old... or at least it's longer ago than you might think :wink:. It's the first time I did such a base and I'm pretty happy with the result. I somehow wanted to include some white, for the Black Spire.

I agree, I love the use of the burnt orange! Nice use of a limited palette of colours, it really makes it pop!

Thanks mate :classic:. It's the first time I used dark orange as a dominant colour in a build and not only for details. Also, it's my first build in which I included every single fire piece I have.

Nice entry! I really like the colors you used here, they create a great atmosphere for the build. Awesome job!

Nicely done. I like the idea of all of this fire surrounding one bridge.

What head did you use for the Nocty?

Nice entry! I really like the colors you used here, they create a great atmosphere for the build. Awesome job!

Thanks mate :classic:.

Awesome color scheme and great minifigure posing!

Thank you. With a lot of these Uruk-Hai shields you surely could do a great "Tolkien-Phalanx". But I only have 2 of them :laugh:.

Nicely done. I like the idea of all of this fire surrounding one bridge.

What head did you use for the Nocty?

Thank you. The fire around the bridge and the tree were also the "difficult" parts of it. On the tree, the red flower heads fell of and around the bridge the fire collapsed. The head for the Nocty is the one from the col. s10 Mohawk Warrior (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb917).

The orange tree on fire is just awesome

Thanks Tomsche!

I really like how you used dark red and trans orange for the tree :wub: Great fig posing and a clever base design too :thumbup:

i agree using few colours make it pop more... excellent m8 :wink:

Thanks mate! I want to start to give each MOC its own twist, so that there aren't just "boring" wooden houses, so I tried to incorporate some uncommon colours here.

I really like how you used dark red and trans orange for the tree :wub: Great fig posing and a clever base design too :thumbup:

Thanks SK!

Great look Simon. Love it.

Thank you Z!

Nice entry, I like the tree and the fire effects :classic: And the ornamentation on the base is great!

For the Black Spire!!

Sweet entry! The close reds and oranges work so well together and that tree makes a great backdrop. :classic:

Nice entry, I like the tree and the fire effects :classic: And the ornamentation on the base is great!

For the Black Spire!!

Thank you! Go Black Spire!

Sweet entry! The close reds and oranges work so well together and that tree makes a great backdrop. :classic:

Thanks Gabe :classic: