gallery_2351_18_164.gif

11139784475_7c58560535_b.jpg

I never really have posted anything here on Eurobricks even though I've had an account for over a year, decided I should change that.

I've been building Lego Zoids for over a year now and just got them featured in the November 2013 issue (#26) of Brickjournal.

If you are unfamiliar with Zoids, it was a Japanese toyline created in the 1980's that featured animal/dinosaur-like mecha fighting for control over a planet called Zi. Since then, a couple different animes have been made and brought Zoids back into the public eye. I've been recreating them (both the ones depicted in the various animes and from the original toys) and I built a new one earlier this week and got a group shot of them today. Here's some close-ups of the Zoids in the picture:

8561298310_9bc3139184_c.jpg

Blade Liger

8565701574_73266bbc46_c.jpg

Storm Sworder

8282356567_4ceb17ab3e_c.jpg

Gun Sniper

11139561945_21584fac32_c.jpg

Ultrasaurus

9504175180_de6806613e_c.jpg

Dibison and Command Wolf

Let me know what you guys think, I've got a couple more of these guys in the process of being built.

Looks awesome, liking the use of antennas in grille tiles for little details. :thumbup: But on the ultrasaurus's neck, that poor 4L bar.. :cry_sad:

Looks awesome, liking the use of antennas in grille tiles for little details. :thumbup: But on the ultrasaurus's neck, that poor 4L bar.. :cry_sad:

I too am sad about the bar (it was originally a minifigure's axe), but I seemed to have cut it years ago. It was sitting in a bag with cut parts from my parts modding days. :cry_sad: At least it was already broken/cut, I only trimmed off enough to make it fit the Technic bar. I'm not too sad about that. Thanks for the compliment on the antennas, I'm still quite surprised I was able to get those to stick without falling out!

Knowing nothing about Zoids, I've got to say that these look really awesome. Good work.

Ultrasaurus! Oh, that was my first ever Zoid. Dad got it from the Zoids2 UK release, at the tail end there were a lot of sales.

These look just like the actual kits, very well done!

These are great. I easily recognized all of them. I use to have just about all the plastic model kits from the reboot that was about 10 years ago. Fantastic job, keep them coming! :thumbup: