Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vladivus

The Story of Vladivus, Lord of Shadowmere, Epilogue.

Read Part 1 HERE, Part 2 HERE and Part 3 HERE.

"The apple tree that had stood watch over the grave burned, it's death sending a smoky signal into the sky. The wind was still, not even daring to fan the flames that flickered from the leaves. Blood stained the ground, running in rivulets away from an elderly Nocurnian, the shining red liquid reflecting the horror of the creatures desecrating the grave; a hunchbacked raven, an Avalonian warrior, and a soldier of the Hand of Corruption, bearing the colours of the Black Spire.

10962457913_fa382ce475_c.jpg

Raven: "This is the resting place of that which we have sought for all these years. I cannot believe the guardian thought he could defend it."

10962322046_4397b741e9_c.jpg

The raven gestured to the Avalonian warrior.

"Sir Natas, if you had simply killed the woman and her damned child, you would now be in a position to make a play for the Avalonian Leadership. Ravaage is displeased. It is only the lack of other Avalonians willing to follow Ravaage that has kept you in the running for this. Consider yourself incredibly lucky."

Sir Natas: "M'lord Zurias, I swear my fealty to Ravaage once again. I will not make another mistake."

Zurias: "See that you don't. The sword, it is a symbol of the right to rule in Vladivus home in Avalonia, but the foolish half-breed doesn't realise it's significance."

10962251815_501330b1ae_c.jpg

Sir Natas: "Yes m'lord."

Zurias: "Take it. Feel it's significance in your hands."

Sir Natas took the sword from the mess of bones in the ruined grave, hefting it in his hand. As he looked closely at the blade, an inscription in Elvish was apparent, describing the bearer of the sword as entitled to rule a land in Avalonia.

10962420534_2e81109eb6_c.jpg

Sir Natas: "It feels good. It is well made this sword. A true relic of the times before Avalonia and a united Historica."

10962485183_795141c181_c.jpg

Zurias: "Leave the reminiscing, you have work to do. Gather your men, and travel to Avalonia. You must set yourself up as a ruler of lands. Plans are coming to fruition. Do not fail us. You will regret it. Go now, and with haste."

The group dispersed heading out in opposite directions, each heading towards inevitable encounters..."

Without figs:

10962258135_91332f4077_c.jpg

This is the final build for my story of Lord Vladivus, and predominantly sets up what will hopefully be my storyline in Avalonia when the Book II challenges reach that guild. It also introduce Zurias, who is going to become a sort of nemesis for Vladivus.

C+C welcome.

Great job with this story (both the written part and the pictures) - I have a feeling Vladivus ain't going to be too pleased when he finds out what Zurias has done. Also, I really like how you have Corocus' eyes closed.

Thanks Emma! It looked weird having his eye open, even the staring one (which I thought might help with the shock of death, but it just looked like he was laying down.

@Captain Settle, yeah he was short lived, he was there mainly to facilitate the rest of the story. People liked the fig, how could I not kill him off? It's drama people! Ha! I kinda miss him now though...

Nice build! Really suspenseful and dark story! Love how you used the croc head sideways for the eyes to look closed!

I like how you've told so much of a story using different versions of this build. Looking forward to the continuation of the story when the time comes :classic:

I really like how you have Corocus' eyes closed.

Didn't notice that at first, clever technique!

Cheers Gideon! I'm looking forward to telling it! I actually came up with the technique by accident with my CMF cyclops. It doesn't work so well with Chima figs, because the double sided face is visible through the other eye hole. A single sided or blank dark green (the colouring around the eyes) face would work best but I don't think heads have come in that colour. At any rate, I didn't have one!

I was so excited to see that the last part of the story was up! You really know how to real people into your builds. Great job!

Cheers! I sort of realised that I could hook people with the writing- I'm still learning techniques and build composition, but story is one thing I can do. It helps being an avid reader. Reading is a lost art with today's youth, but I try to encourage it where I can (sorry off on a tangent!).

Those bloody bastards, I hope Vladivus will teach them a lesson!

Poor Corocus, it looks like his character was the one the protagonist has to revenge.

excellent storytelling, great job! I liked how the moc evolved with the story. Poor Corocus is right...