Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Lego Superhero Comic

Well, it's been a couple of months, but we're finally ready with a new chapter in the ongoing saga of our Lego superhero comic strip -- the Unlikely Society. Sorry about the long delay. Stupid real life stuff keeps getting in the way!

chap5.jpg

Also new to our site is a section devoted to the hometown of the Unlikely Society. We'll be adding new sections highlighting the different areas of the town. First up is a tour of the town's baseball stadium. So be sure to check that out too.

Thanks for reading, and please let us know what you think!

-Jason

www.unlikelysociety.com

I took a quick glance at it and I must say it looks very impressive *y* ! It must've taken you alot of work to pull this off. I love all your character bios' and stuff, it all looks so clean. How did you make their biography images, btw?

Now for some constructive criticism ;-) . I would make the banner (the one that says 'Unlikely Society') on your frontpage a tad bit smaller, so everything fits on one page and you don't have to scroll down to see everything. Then you have the mainpage itself. Why is there such a large, blank, black spot at the bottom? It's kinda annoying :-/ . Also, I suggest that you try a different lay-out, so everything fits on your screen perfectly, so you don't have to scroll all over the place to see it all. Please, do this for all the lazy people in the world ;-) :-P .

But all in all, this is really great *y* . I'll take some time to read your comics later. But from what I've seen, it looks really impressive. Keep it up!

Thank for the feedback KhoRne! I've been meaning to spend a little time cleaning up the home page, but just haven't gotten around to it. Those were very good suggestions.

As for the character bios, I did those using Microsoft Visio. It's a flowcharting application that I use at work. In addition to the flowchart stuff, it also has some features for doing interface design and screen mockups. It's a great program, and probably the only Microsoft product that doesn't make me want to stab pencils in my eyes.

Thanks again!

-Jason

Wow, thats one well made lego comic. *y* Nice job on the minifigs!! ;-)

Hey, I'm glad to see you're still continuing this...

The newest addition is nice, as usual. You're comics are very clean and professional.

One small critique: I think it would be nice if you were to make the previous and next page buttons on the bottom of the page, so you don't need to scroll up after reading the page. By no means a big problem, but it might be nice.

I look forwards to more! :-)

Hey Joebot, your work here inspired me to build a few heroes and villians. Interested to see them?

hi joebot!

i have just read the WHOLE comic thing up to now! its amazing i love the humor! :-D

i hope the pizza dude comes back to life! :-(

I like the unlikely society cartoons very much :-)

Nice you still work on it *y*

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words, and for the website suggestions too (I already revamped the home page based on KhoRne's advice).

zero1312 -- I think we'd all definitely like to see your heroes and villains. Post some pictures, and let's see what you came you with.

casewindu -- I don't know if Pepperonus will be back, but I hope so too. It was fun coming up with his stupid pizza-based puns. The best part about superheroes is that they're never dead for long. Heck, Marvel just killed off Captain America a few weeks ago. Any bets on how long until he's resurrected? I give it six months.

Take care,

-Joebot

OK, here are Gunbrain and Domehead (they're supposed to be villians):

us.jpg

And here are the heroes (the left one for the superiors and the other for the Unlikely Society):

us_2.jpg

They are called The Immortal Knight and Blastman.

Looks good, zero1312! I especially like Gunbrain.

Just curious ... on Blastman, how did you attach the bricks in place of arms on the mini-fig torso??

-Joebot

Looks good, zero1312! I especially like Gunbrain.

Just curious ... on Blastman, how did you attach the bricks in place of arms on the mini-fig torso??

-Joebot

Simple, I just used a thin black pole. It goes through the entire body without modding.

Simple, I just used a thin black pole. It goes through the entire body without modding.

Ahh, very clever. I like it. I've tried unsuccessfully to do something like that with only one mini-fig arm, but I could never figure out how to attach anything securely to the arm hole. I never thought of replacing BOTH of the mini-fig's arms.

Ahh, very clever. I like it. I've tried unsuccessfully to do something like that with only one mini-fig arm, but I could never figure out how to attach anything securely to the arm hole. I never thought of replacing BOTH of the mini-fig's arms.

Thank you!! X-D It took some time for me to realize that the old minifig torsos had a hole in the center. :-D

Oh, btw Joebot, do you have instructions for your joebot? He's friggin' cool and I want to build something similar. ;-)

Oh, btw Joebot, do you have instructions for your joebot? He's friggin' cool and I want to build something similar. ;-)

I do not have instructions currently, but I could try to put some together and post online. I'm almost kinda scared to take him apart to see how I initially put him together. I'm not sure I could him back together again!

Thanks!

-Joebot