Legonardo

Searching for Allegiance - Crows Nest

10936501594_8f148d895c_c.jpg

As Derlin approached Crows Nest the smell of rotting bones left over from the last hangings entered his nostrils and warmed him. not difficult, when one considers the blistering temperature found in the midgardian peaks. How they survive up here is a mystery, and how they're going to cope with the warm humid atmosphere of the swamps is equally so...

The knights of the crow are were banished from Mitgardia some one or two decades ago, however simply relocated to one of the uninhabited hills. Brutal as they are anyone who got on their nerves was killed, the stench that warmed the deranged druid Derlin attracted crows, feasting on the carcasses left by the blood-thirsty warriors. A small village has been brought up on the hill, and the nest, as they call it lies dead centre. it is the abode of Graὐf, The current chief. Derlin was greeted to the hill with his wolf being slaughtered by hunters, but he hadn't the time to kill them, he was here on business, recruiting for the black spire...

10936490754_d648970889_c.jpg

10936349215_df60b38ca8_z.jpg

NOT for Age of Mitgardia cause they didnt let me in! :tongue:

CCC XI Custom Faction

Build a castle scene with your own custom medieval faction with unique heraldry on shields, flags, and figures. Well, im gonna be honest, im not exactly interested in this category, but i had the idea and heres the result, bringing me 1 build closer to getting qualified for MB. Also simon, ice cream is more than just smoke and icecream! Inspiration from Derfel Cadarns "dedication" and most of Soccerkids MOCs.

David

LD, this is a beautiful build! That Heraldry you made for the crows is stunning! Is that done by a program or did you freehand?

Love what you're doing with the development of this style. Beautiful build!

:classic:

I envy your ability to create these crazy angles! I approve of the name, one of my favourite pubs is called the Crows Nest haha!

I always love your builds and this does not disappoint.

The heraldry is quite impressive and I love the color scheme. I'd also like to know how you did it and how did you apply it to the shields/cloth, etc. I have no idea on how to make custom anything, but it'd be neat to create some shields or flags for a faction of my own sometime.

The name is superb and I like the backstory. I'd like to read more, in fact.

The snow effect is awesome. It looks very organic with the stonework too.

I signed up for Avolonia when GoH started, but the more I see Mitgardian builds I like the idea of snow building.

Good luck in the contest. You would be a force to be reckoned with in MB.

Splendid build, Legonardo! The snow effect is gorgeous and the roofline is sweet :wub:

You incorporated the banners well and I like the brickbuilt crow insignia :thumbup:

You keep upping your own game. Would you mind if I used this as the featured creation on my website?

Edited by soccerkid6

Others have already commented on the bigger points so I'll focus on the little details I liked the most. The man hiding away in the foundation is a great touch, and that shot has a nice angle in general. I really like the little crow perched in the highest point of the chimney, and your poor, tortured brick built tree is well executed. I think my favorite element though is the frog, whatever is he doing in all that snow and death?

Thanks guys!

The heraldry is all painted with quick drying acrilic paint, its good because it comes off abs with ease. All of it is freehand. The banners arent actually cloth, i simply cut out the shapes in paper and applied paint.

Soccerkid, i mind...

Go nuts :-)

The yeti, glad you noticed the frog, and im surprised noone has pointed out the scarecrow head amongst the sculls...

spectacular once again! Really like how the color of your walls transitions from dark tan to white, guess I will have to get into stuff like that too. BTW, do you still need the Tonto? I can see his raven!

Thanks!

BTW, do you still need the Tonto? I can see his raven!

If you can it would be great, this is from the scarecrow

Really awesome building! And the minifigs are great, I wondered how you "painted" the emblem on the shield, and was surprised that you actually painted it :grin:

I love all the details in there, as always some are hard to see, but it's so fun searching for them :classic:

So amazing. All the subtle angles in this just blow me away. The texturing is supurb as well, and your crest is a great touch! :thumbup: Best of luck in the ccc! :classic:

Classic Legonardo build, just even better than usual :classic:

Your housebuilding style really is one of the most awesome out there and the added winter elements just made it even better!

Keep up the good work and good luck in the CCC!

The whole moc, including the minifigs, is superb.

I wonder how you made the extended-curvy walls?

Overall looks fantastic. :classic:

Those angle are insane, I can't even imagine how it all fits together :wacko:. This is a really beautiful build, but I'm super curious as to what the inside looks like (and feel slightly sorry for the chief living there, lol).