Sign in to follow this  
Gunman

Mitgardia - The Ancler River

Hey guys, here is my contribution to Mitgardia :wink:

South of Tundra, before the Demon's Ridge, lies the named "Ancler River".

10826124265_1e30cefb28_c.jpg

476A5515-Edit by GunmanLurikeen, on Flickr

10826168195_5a3c45e64e_c.jpg

476A5560-Edit by GunmanLurikeen, on Flickr

10826074165_5f21d6cac9_c.jpg

476A5592 by GunmanLurikeen, on Flickr

10826350014_35d8f6b193_c.jpg

476A5549 by GunmanLurikeen, on Flickr

10826247065_b2ba965920_c.jpg

476A5548 by GunmanLurikeen, on Flickr

10826318575_7080519374_c.jpg

476A5596 by GunmanLurikeen, on Flickr

Excellent build! The water wheel design is very clever and the little hut next to it looks great :wub: I like how you included the Mitgardian colors and the yeti and gnome are great touches :thumbup: The landscape overall is also excellent, keep it up :classic:

Looks great, I love the colors, and the use of the green plastic that the plants come attached to as vines. (no idea if those have a name)

That waterwheel is amazing. I also really like the off-center hut, particularly in the 4th photo; it feels almost real. Thumbs up for the inclusion of the yeti and elf, they're great little touches. Your sense of movement and life with the wheel, figs and river is also impeccable, great work. My only constructive criticism is that it looks like you post-edited your photos to make them more vibrant, and it almost seems too intense; although that may just be my yeti snow blindness.

really great moc gunman, quite a few things I really like about it. Starting with the water and so on ... also extremely nice back of the build, wish I had that many brick bricks!

Nice little river, I like that water wheel and the small bridge...simple but clever design :classic:

Can't help but wonder how the caves don't fill up with water when being so close to the river however :wink:

thanks a lot guys :classic:

@gideon, the small gnome keeps running around and fixing all the holes xDD :tongue:

Wonderful build! I especially love the water wheel! Also nice incorporation of all the new CMFs - love the elf with his stash!

Also your photography is great as usual. Hope you don't mind the question but what do you use to make the colors appear like that? Is it the white balance setting, the lights or the editing? Hope you can shed some light on that.

thanks a lot Rolli. the main difference that makes the photo pop more and be more clear is by increasing the "shadows" at editing (i use lightroom for editing). this way you eliminate most of the shadows between pieces and it looks better.

i dont change vibrances saturations etc.

edit: ah and if i remember correctly at this shot i pushed a bit up the luminance of green colour

Edited by Gunman

Fantastic job with this, lots of lovely details! Lovely border, cleans and simple. I am jealous of all your profile bricks...