Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

AoM phase ll barracks

Hello again, here I am again, this time with the phase ll barracks. I used some of the tips I got, and I am glad how the ruined walls turned out. You can decide for yourself if I improved enough, and please give me tons of advice and tips and whatever you want to do to help me with the phase lll barracks. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100509226@N08/sets/72157636903135165/

Nice build, jeroenaa, a great improvement from your last few :classic:

The ruins and the pics are much better, however, I would suggest backing up a little more to get at least one photo of the entire build.

The other suggestion I have to make is not to put brown platforms over the green ones, (it make's it look a little odd, like the dirt is on top of the grass :look: ).

Other than that it is a pretty good build, nice minifig posing, although that one poor guy looks like his hat is over his eyes :laugh::grin:

Thanks! Glad you like it. I thought I made an overview photo, but I can't find it anymore :sceptic: .

I think that in the next MOC I am indeed putting the green ones on top of the brown ones. I am sure that looks way better. Thanks for the tips.

Wonderful work, you have gotten so much better already in such a short amount of time! Well done! I love the ruined wall, and your pictures are vastly improving!

As Garmadon said, try and got an overall shot that shows everything.

A little more green on the tree would be better.

Your landscape is getting better, but still could use some work. Again, like Garmadon said, don't lay the brown plates over the green.

More foilage would help this as well, if you have it. I might even get rid of the tree, and use those leaves on the ground.

Well done overall, I can't wait to see your next moc, you are vastly improving!

Definitely your best yet :thumbup: The ruins look much better here and I like the bits of snow on the ground. Hard to tell how the tree looks as we only get to see it from above, but I'd suggest changing the trunk so that it doesn't narrow so quickly. The third phase should have a building for the soldiers (a barracks), if you could include an interior that would be great :classic:

Good working getting a clean background, but you need some work with the lighting to get rid of the shadows. I tend to photograph outside in the shade so there is plenty of natural light and no shadows.

You also have at least one photo that is out of focus on a close up. You need to use the "macro" setting on close ups. It generally will look like a little flower somewhere on the camera. The other focus problem could be that you are moving your hands to much when pushing the camera button. To overcome that, I use the timer on the camera. I set it to wait one second before taking a picture so pressing the button doesn't move the camera when it is ready to shoot.

Definitely your best yet :thumbup: The ruins look much better here and I like the bits of snow on the ground. Hard to tell how the tree looks as we only get to see it from above, but I'd suggest changing the trunk so that it doesn't narrow so quickly. The third phase should have a building for the soldiers (a barracks), if you could include an interior that would be great :classic:

Thanks! I am thinking very hard on how to make an interior with not a lot of parts that can make that. I only have this weekend, then school starts again with tests and stuff. And in two weeks I have an internship, so I can't spend much time here or building. Lets hope I get some nice ideas before sunday.

Good working getting a clean background, but you need some work with the lighting to get rid of the shadows. I tend to photograph outside in the shade so there is plenty of natural light and no shadows.

You also have at least one photo that is out of focus on a close up. You need to use the "macro" setting on close ups. It generally will look like a little flower somewhere on the camera. The other focus problem could be that you are moving your hands to much when pushing the camera button. To overcome that, I use the timer on the camera. I set it to wait one second before taking a picture so pressing the button doesn't move the camera when it is ready to shoot.

Thanks! I did make the photo's outside, it is just the sun making the shadows. I try to not shake, but with future photos the camera will be on top of some books.

Great improvements! As previous commenters pointed out, it would be nice to have an overview shot of the whole scene. And when shooting outside, avoid getting direct sunlight into your pictures.

These photos are looking much better! (still some improvements to be made, but with practice and trying out the suggestions here, they'll be great in no time). The ruins are good (to me, it looks like those brown plates on top of the green are fallen/rotting timber from whatever structure used to be there...), and nice work with the figure posing - your best build yet.

Thanks! I keep trying to make better photos, but with winter coming it is not easy. The only place outside where I can take pics, is not very sunny, so don't expect better pics for now. In summertime the pics will be better.