Sign in to follow this  
ch_ris127

Noctornus Tribes II - The Grundlegrondse

Imagine walking down a nice quiet Noctornian path when you notice a beautiful hill dotted with flowers and plants. You stop to remind yourself how wonderful life really is, and then before you even realize it, you're knocked out cold.

Then you wake up naked (save for your underpants of course, we aren't that cruel :tongue:), and notice that all your armor, weapons, loot and food are gone. You hear the ground shaking, and look back to see a horde of Noctornians ready to attack you, just because you're helpless now.

That's when you know you've met the Grundlegrondse.

10294345594_f1b7481635_z.jpg

A Grundlegrondse team attacking a traveler from their trapdoor.

The Grundlegrondse, or simply "Grundles", is an underground tribe hellbent on thieving, looting, tricking and surprising any lone travelers that happen to pass by their territory. They will steal from anybody, even Noctornians themselves! The Grundles have nifty scouting posts hidden all over Rod's Peak and they set up trapdoors to surprise and kidnap unwary travelers for their loot.

Not only will they steal from travelers, these creatures would set up a trade fair every now and then to sell off their loot, and then repeat the process of stealing again. Nobody knows why they do this, but it's a pretty good way of making a living instead of scrounging for food underground like some animal. :grin: It also isn't uncommon for someone to see victims of thievery going back to the trade fair to get their equipment back :laugh:

10294366144_c61005280c_z.jpg

A Grundlegrondse scouting post

Being master thieves, Grundles are a very organized tribe, and are very well-communicated between attack posts even if they are spread all over the area. It is said that the underground world of Grundles are just as refined, clean and royal as the castles on the surface of the ground. Nobody has been there though so it is still doubtful though. After all, "Grundlegrondse" literally translates to "Those who eat dirt" in ancient Noctornian language! Each team has their own assigned jobs and are crucial to a successful attack.

Young or rookie Grundles are often assigned scouting tasks, while elder ones either become team leaders (like the one with the cape below) or

"collectors". Collector Grundles are those who collect the spoils of the looting and keep them in a corner to be organized later. Each team has a brute and an "advancer", both of who are in charge of stealing from travelers itself. They surprise victims from the trapdoor after being alerted by the scout, beat the victim unconscious with a bludgeon, and drag them underground before getting seen. The Grundles shown above are probably too excited to be stealthy :grin:

10294453265_03e027e890_z.jpg

The Grundle Tribe (left to right): Collector, Advancer, Leader, Brute and Scout

------------------

Phew! I barely made it for the second tribes round :wacko:

Well here it is. Still unhappy with picture quality, but eh, it's what I can do in a few hours. Glad to actually put it up at this point :laugh:

Edited by ch_ris127

Great tribe! - I love the action-packed moc, and the figures look really good... but they even steal teddy bears? That's just going too far...

I do really like the back story of this tribe, good moc too. :thumbup:

Great tribe idea and your MOC shows them off nicely :thumbup: The figs themselves have some great combos :wub: Neat circular stair design too :classic:

Ahaha... excellent tribe ch_ris127! I once heard a Mitgardian talk about "being grundled", and assumed it was something to do with waking up after a heavy night in a compromising situation, now i know better! :tongue:

Thanks for all the comments everybody! :wub:

Great tribe! - I love the action-packed moc, and the figures look really good... but they even steal teddy bears? That's just going too far...

Grundle kids need teddy bears too, to keep nightmares about Drows away! :laugh:

Ahaha... excellent tribe ch_ris127! I once heard a Mitgardian talk about "being grundled", and assumed it was something to do with waking up after a heavy night in a compromising situation, now i know better! :tongue:

Thanks! Hahaha, the feeling of being 'grundled' should relatively feel the same as having a hangover after five barrels of wine... :look: