Sign in to follow this  
Merkurius

Testing 7860 12v signal lamp

I bought an old 7860 today. The remote control was broken, but I wanted to test the 2x3 lightbrick. I connected it directly to the transformer but only the green light was lit even if I twisted the cables. Is the lightbrick broken or is it impossible to test it without the remote control?

Firstly, make sure that you are using DC, not the AC output of your transformer. Then make sure that when testing that you reverse the connections correctly. The only way I can think that you would get the results exactly as you have described is that 1. you are testing on AC, and 2, the red led is bust. If you were testing on AC and the red was good, you would have the appearance of both red and green simultaneously - perhaps with a perceptible flicker due to the AC. If you were correctly testing on DC a green illumination on both polarities is impossible.

Hi and thanks. I am now testing the light with the12v= outlet, the one to use with remote controls. Only the green light work. I am returning the connector and nothing lits up. Is the red lamp dead then?

@Heppeng: I totally agree, prying it open without leaving too many marks is the most difficult thing, soldering the LED is very simple (but make sure you have a good soldering iron, not one for plumbers, but one for electronics).

B.t.w. Maybe the LED is will still work but there is even a loose connection!

hello, this is my first post.

please help me with my problem. My signal set worked perfectly yesterday, and today, I have noticed that the switch is not giving a power to the rail, when the green light is lightning. I TESTED THE CONNECTIONS FROM THE END - FROM THE POWER RAIL, THROUGH THE WIRES AND CONNECTIONS AND IT TURNS OUT THAT THE SIGNAL DOES NOT GO OUT FROM THE SWITCH :( CAN I DISMOUNT THE SWITCH CASE WITHOUT BREAKING IT AND CHANGE SOME PART INSIDE? is there any electrical part or just mechanical switches (on-off)?

the light works well, both red and green. It is just the train does not go on the green.

PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance !

regards to all forum users !

I opened the switch (the one with red and green buttons) but it was hard without breaking something. Furthermore, everything in it is controlled by springs and two of them were loose in my switch. Dont have a clue how it works. Especially not when things are missing..