kabel

Demon's Ridge Hot Springs (MCB II)

The mighty mountains in Southwestern Mitgardia only look dangerous from outside Mitgardia. But there are also some places that are as pleasent as anything. A swim in the Demon's Rigde Hot Springs is always aprericiated by those who dare venturing through these mountains:

9891936275_a7f3ccacca_c.jpg

9891960614_61fd0ae8b6_c.jpg

Wow! Nice use of cotton. I want to take a dip with that dude!(Not really) I think you could have done a better job on that base. You should have added more land around the edge to hide that water edge better. Besides that, it looks great.

Wonderful landscaping, the cliff and vegetation looks great! I especially like the SNOTed cliff and the hanging plants, clearly those springs are good for biodiversity :classic:

I am however a bit ambivalent regarding the use of cotton, it looks great but the purist in me can't help thinking that it might have been possible to build with bricks with some trans-clear/white combo or something else...

I also agree with CBB that the base could have benefited from some more attention, at least on the sides towards the camera.

Keep these nice Mitgaridan MOCs coming!

Excellent rockwork, you've got that SNOT design really well :thumbup: I also like the overhanging vegetation and the numerous pine trees help it feel more Mitgardian.

Way to start of the community build!

thanks for the feedback guys

@CBB: I totally understand what you mean. I was originally going to use some dark tan plates as land around the pond when I suddenly realized I didn't have any small ones anymore. Also bases are something I should really give some more thought. It's going to be the next thing I want to focus on.

@Gideon: About the cotton, I would also consider myself a purist but there are a few things that I use that are non Lego product. Those are sails, string rigging and cotton for smoke. But maybe I can use plates to do the smoke/steam next time. I'll see what I can come up with.

@Soccerkid: yeah this was sorta meant as an example of what people could do for the community build. Hope I see something from you too in the not too distant future :wink: .

@Soccerkid: yeah this was sorta meant as an example of what people could do for the community build. Hope I see something from you too in the not too distant future :wink: .

Don't worry, you will be :wink:

Good to know Mitgardians take a bath once a while :laugh:

Now been serious I like the rock formation and the vegetation covering the walls. also nice use of cotton. :thumbup:

Wow kabel! I really love this! The vegetation, hanging vines, and use of cotton as smoke are all incredible! I don't like the yellow plate on the border much though, even if it is our colors. Great work! :sweet::thumbup:

thanks for the comment guys!

@Niku: why does everybody think of us Mitgardians as just a bunch of flithy uncultered barbarians?

@Infernum: yeah, your right, the yellow really sucks. Everytime I try to incorporate the Mitgardian colors in the base in turns out rather strange, I'll have to think of something else ...

Great little scene! You have managed to fit a very nice landscape in that small space, and those hints of lime green work well. As for the use of cotton wool, some people can get funny about non- lego effects but I have never scene the problem with little things like this. I have often used small bits of cloth as extra's in my moc's and the use of cotton wool works well here. Nice work!

A fascinating little vig and nice to see no snow in a Mitgardia moc! :wink: Like others have mentioned, the base looks a bit slapdash and i'm not completely sold on the cotton wool either - not to say i don't think the effect works as steam, but more that it looks odd next to the flat blue tiles of the water? Maybe a bit more variation in your water effects would intergrate the cotton wool better. The sideways rockwork is lovely with it's overhanging foliage, and i like that your trees are of different hights - it looks very natural. However it would have been cool to see a couple of brick-built trees amongst your "ready-made" pine trees as well.

Anyway, i really like this compact little build, a thermal spring scene is a great idea! :thumbup:

The moc is great! Looks very hot and a good place to rest your legs after a hard day. The cotton is ok for me. You really get the sense of hot springs when you see them. It could however be solved by trans bricks but I kinda of like the cotton!

Interesting sideways technique for the mountain. How is it connected to the base since it is built sideways? The vegetation really makes the scene.

thanks guys. As you found out, this build was put together in just a few hours in order to give Mitgardians an idea as to what they could do in the community build. So yes, some things aren't well thought off, and if I were to critisize, I'd go for the same weaknesses!

@DC: it's always an honor to comented on by you!

@Gabe: I totally agree with you. There are definetely I few things I could improve, maybe I'll build this again. At first I wanted to leave it at this, but with this good advise I wil rework the vig. I'll stick with cotton though ...

@DG: I already had the trans clear bricks for the waterfall, tha's why I didn't use them for the steam. I might use them for the pool though.

@Kermit: headlight bricks below the rockformation and the dark tan connect the build to the plate. The rocks and the water follow the same direction and are therefore connected to each other.

I think the only thing missing is a little cave entrance.

Edited by kermit