Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

Sandyman's Water-Mill (Hobbiton, The Shire)

Hello everyone,

I would like to present you my latest creation : Sandyman's Water-Mill.

The Old Mill was the water-mill of Hobbiton, owned and run by the Sandyman Family. The Old Mill was a corn mill powered by a large water wheel. It lay directly adjacent to the Bywater bridge and next to the Old Grange as well.

This is the water mill that can be seen in the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring when Gandalf arrives in Hobbiton for Bilbo's birthday and crosses the bridge. I hope you will enjoy it, I apologize in advance for the photo, I didn't managed, unfortunately, to capture the water. Don't forget to visit the Brickshelf Gallery

9786836971_2128f2cf4b_z.jpg

Sandyman's Water-Mill (Hobbiton, The Shire) par TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

Brickshelf Gallery

TheBrickAvenger

Wow! The house itself is amazing! Love the woodwork! The stonework is incredible, love the green! The little tree and chimney are great, as is the path! The landscaping is perfect, love the orange! The base is great too! :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Very well executed with great stone work and some effective landscaping. And I really life the roof.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Hey, I looked up your creations, you're really talented. Keep up the good work! :sweet:

I love everything about this. The roof looks amazing, the stone wall is great, and I like the use of wagon wheels as a waterwheel. Also the bright blue door really stands out and really gives off a Hobbiton feel.

This is brilliant. I like the smooth texture to the entire build and the water wheel too. Why did you choose blue for the colour of the door? It just seems to stick out quite a bit.