Sign in to follow this  
BaneTheBrawler

MOC Enforcer, Fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Another forum I visit got into a discussion about hobbies, and I finally got around to taking pictures of my collection/builds for family/insurance/sharing, so I thought I'd post it here, too.

I build a lot of kits (Mostly Star Wars), but what I find most enjoyable is just building my own stuff. These two are my most recent projects, and the only ones left assembled.

IMG_20130901_112913.jpg

The Enforcer. (Click for album) I don't actually have a name for it yet, but I built it as my alter-ego's personal ship. It's not done yet, either. It's supposed to be really old, which is why I used a bunch of splotchy colors. It started life as a system-defense SWAT-team transport ship. They'd use it for everything from customs patrols to area-denial (park it over a city block and shoot anything that moves). That was a LONG time ago, though. It's been heavily modified with all sorts of goodies. It's not particularly fast, but is very maneuverable. Lots of moving parts in this one, but nothing mechanical. Motors take up too much space.

IMG_20130901_112039.jpg

Fighter. (click for album) Again, I don't really have a name for it, but this one is done. This is a small, single-man fighter designed for my alter-ego. This one is old, too, but it's not as splotchy because it's easier to maintain. The thrusters in the rear articulate, so they can move away from the center of mass to provide better agility. The stabilizers under the wings deploy for enhanced in-atmosphere control and better targeting telemetry (small sensors embedded in the tips). Very fast and maneuverable, lightly armored, lightly shielded (but not naked, like the Tie Fighter), heavily armed.

You should be able to see a lot of my still-assembled kits in the background. Some of my older projects should be visible in other albums, going back ~10 years. The oldest look much more horrible than their designs really were, as I didn't bother with color-scheming until ~7 years ago. I hadn't intended to show them to anyone but my parents, so I just grabbed the part I wanted and didn't fuss about what color it was, because I had no way to organize my parts.

One of the older builds is a pretty decent example of how I come up with ideas: You can see chunks from several different kits bashed together. Train cars serve as passenger seating, an MTT serves as a drone/hangar bay, the nose from Boba Fett's ship serves as a weapons way, etc.

It looks like there is too much weight on those little legs and the main body is a little blocky, besides that it looks nice.

Regarding to that thing in the end, is kind of harsh lenguage but I know what you mean, it happens a lot, to avoid those situations I recomend a more specific clasification of your bricks and store the most rare or unique bricks separatedly.

yeah, the legs are one of the things i haven't finished. those are just there until i figure out some that look better. and as you can see, i've got a bunch of brand new empty drawers in the background. I've been collecting my whole life- sorting them is going to take a long time.

Edited by BaneTheBrawler

I'm quite fond of the Enforcer's 'head'. You've enriched the great canopy piece with some suitable armor and weaponry: that really combines well. The rest of the ship seems a bit too blocky for me. Especially the roof seems flat beneath all those gadgets. Maybe you could use some slopes there.

The fighter looks really good. I like all the sleek angles in it. Of course it reminds a lot of the magma droid tri fighter, but this one is sleeker and looks more agile. As if it could really exist within the SW universe! Well done!

Good luck with arranging your collection. It's a painful and time-consuming process, but you really benefit from it when finished.

Thanks for reminding me I should get started on sorting out all of my pieces. Anyway, the first thing that came to mind when I saw the "Fighter" was in the backs of the old Star Wars sets they would have alternate builds for the set, which does almost look fee sable. With the enforcer, I bet a lot more curved brown and tan slopes would really make this ship stand out.It almost reminds me of a flying MTT in a way. If you could incorporate some of those aspects into it, it would help convey the feeling of it being more of a tank-transport.