Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

We Want More Rebel Bloggers!

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

recruitmentheader.png

Welcome to this Alliance recruitment center. Okay, it's actually a table in the corner of a cantina. We're not really keen on being taken out by a TIE/sa or two. Please don't draw attention to yourself by staring at the Stormtrooper patrol. They're looking for some droids and an old man and a farm boy that I'm sure are of absolutely no significance to the Rebellion.

Blog activity is picking back up again, and we require more Rebel Bloggers to keep up the quality blogging! The Rebel Blog is an opportunity for you to showcase your knowledge and passion of LEGO Star Wars as well as your ability to help manage one of EB's projects.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

How do you apply?

• It's as simple as sending a PM to Brickdoctor. Your PM should include two example blog posts:
    • The first post should be your version of a news blog post written to cover the unveiling of the 2014 AT-AP set.
    • The second post should be of an MOC of your choice that you deem blog-worthy. Of course, this should not be an MOC that we've already blogged. You can blog any MOC (other than your own) from any site, and we'll be lenient as far as the time it was originally posted. Anything from, say...the past year or so should be okay.

[*]If you have any previous experience or skills that you think will be helpful, be sure to let us know about those in the PM, too.

What do we expect from you?

• We don't expect perfection, but good English is important. (Especially when it comes to a blog that primarily features MOCs -- builders like it when you talk about their MOC with more than just "awsum!" or "Nice MOC".)
  • Prior experience with WordPress, CSS, HTML, or blogging is helpful, but not required. We'll help you with that if you're chosen, so don't worry about it.
  • We know you can't be active all the time, so there's no requirement for the number of posts you must make in a time period. Rather, it is the responsibility of all the bloggers (So that would include you if you were chosen.) to make sure that we don't go too long without posting new content.
  • Experience and activity on other sites such as flickr and MOCpages is a plus: There's not always something to be blogged at the right time on EB, and not everybody posts their MOCs on EB, so we need to keep up to date with other sites. Having an account and being active on other sites is not a requirement, but it is something we will consider.

What can you expect from us?

• You get a Rebel Blogger tag. Everyone goes crazy about getting more tags, right? (And you get the page on the blog which you can write a bio of yourself on and access to our Rebel Blogger subforum.)
  • The Star Wars Staff team often works with the Rebel Bloggers to plan contests, community builders, and other projects. You'll get to be a part of that, and that also means you'll get to know of them in advance.
  • The afore-mentioned WordPress, CSS, HTML: these are tools we all work with, so we'll help you to improve your understanding of them, if you need help.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

As of right now, there is no deadline yet; we'll either accept applications until we feel we've found our next blogger, or we'll let you know of a deadline as we get a better idea of the number of applications we're receiving.

Dear Doc,

I would like to apply for this position:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86366entry1686472

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84819&st=900#entry1686468

I am a reasonable writer, a creative mind and one of the largest (2.02 meters) adult Lego fans. I am a marketeer

and art-director in my line of work, which could prove itself in my blogging or involvement in other projects.

After moving homes this year I created my own "office" and started building MOC's, but I follow this site and the

creative minds of it's members for quite some time now. Enough inspiration for whatever is expected from me.

May the force be with you...

Regards,

Nar'Bilu

PS: after the start of Nar Eurbrikka I bought the complete SW saga and watched it in two days, to get familiar with

the discussions on this forum. Wookieepedia is one of two of my startscreens when I open chrome, the other is Eurobricks.

I would like to apply for this position:

Great! But those samples should be PMed to me, and they should be written as you might put them on the blog, not just as your opinion posts. :wink:

This is an awesome opportunity. I'd love to send in an application if you're still accepting them this weekend. :classic:

Absolutely! I'm away on vacation until the 13th, so response to your PM might be a little late, but I try to check in daily.

Congratulations to Rook and jasbury, who we've selected as our two newest bloggers! (This will be announced on the blog itself soon; I'm quite busy in real life right now and having difficulties with Photoshop.)

We may still be looking for more bloggers, especially those who actively read and would be able to cover other types of Star Wars news, so if you've been thinking about applying, you still can.

Congratulations Rook and jasbury, it's great to have you onboard! :classic: