Sign in to follow this  
Bkrosell

[SoNE] Episode I; the wartorn cloud city

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The 103rd platoon of the rebel army was sent to evacuate the lower levels of cloud city, as well as disableing any anti air turrets we encountered to ensure the safe passage of the Milleneum Falcon.Unfortunately the imperials had a small walker there to protect it.But with the help of a convieniently placed gun turret and a bunker, we were able to keep the citezens of cloud city safe. Mision accomplished ,were on our way back to the redemption.

SoNE%2Bredo1.jpg

SoNE%2Bpic%2B2.jpgSoNE%2Bpic%2B3.jpg

SoNE%2Bpic%2B4.jpgSoNE%2Bpic%2B5.jpg

SoNE%2Bredo%2B2.jpgSoNE%2Bredo%2B4.jpgSoNE%2Bredo%2B5.jpgSoNE%2Bredo%2B3.jpg

Nice job, I recommend adding some details to the floor so it looks more like a large bridge and give the building a more rounded shape.

Nice job, I recommend adding some details to the floor so it looks more like a large bridge and give the building a more rounded shape.

The Idea was that my character is in the lower levels that have been recieving falling rubbel and debris coming from the explosions caused by the tie's above. I added some pieces on the moc to resemble some rocks or fallen debris. I didnt feel the need to add a bridge also, most peoples mocs have a bridge or a walk way.

I like the illusion of stairs going down way, maybe it could work better with black tiles instead of plates?

I like the illusion of stairs going down way, maybe it could work better with black tiles instead of plates?

I would agree but my collection has a limited number of black plates, I'm actually not sure if I even have any.

I think part of the problem with viewers seeing exactly where this is and what's going on might be because of the flatness of the MOC; it doesn't have that tall airiness that Cloud City buildings usually have. Maybe try some bridges/walkways held up over the surface?

I finished adding the bridge many of you requested but I can't get up today, maybe tommorrow.

Edit:My dad needs to help me with his camera but he is working on our car, It might be two more days, sorry.

Edit: it's taking longer than expected but I can gaurantee it will be up within the next two days.

Edited by Bkrosell

That's a huge improvement, but I still feel the ground is a bit too chaotic.

Thank you and what do you mean the ground is chaotic?

Who knows...

This happened over at GoH on the Mitgardia guild sign up page, strange, I say Darth Vader did it :vader:......... :laugh: Edited by Bkrosell

I think you've got the start of some great ideas, but you need to flesh them out. The gun turret is cool, but I'd like to see some more uniform coloring, the windowed tower is a really cool idea, but it needs a little more size and/or detail to it, the bridge is a good idea too, but I think again a little more detail or railing or something would really add to it. I also felt that it was chaotic because it's really hard to see what's going on in the overall picture. You've got a lot of dark gray scattered on light grey, and your buildings/features don't have standard geometric shapes so it's hard to pick out these features. I like the little towers and all the different things going on (people heading for the stairs, flaming walker). Very nice MOC!

Thank you. Part of the problem I had was that This was really my first large diorama I'v made, so it's sort of trial and error, also the pictures taken of it weren't the best. Those could both be the problem but anyway thanks,

Edited by Bkrosell