Infomaniac

Edoras (A moc by Infomaniac)

Hey Guys,

I'd like to present my newest creation Edoras. More specifically the golden hall of Meduseld.

9474535429_ac98915fef_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...ac-/9474535429/

9474538951_95287eb989_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...ac-/9474538951/

9477330072_d6a30e3f2b_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Thanks for watching!

Sam W,

Infomaniac

P.S. If you like the build, please 'like' it on Rebrick. Every like helps me in the Lego Castle anniversary contest. Directions on my photo. Thanks again!

That's fantastic. :wub_drool: The rockwork and landscaping is great in itself, but that roof technique and the complex gold decor on the hall are amazing. Gorgeous work.

Edited by CallMePie

Awesome....genuinely stunning. The hall is beautifully executed and the rockwork is really interesting...i love the effect of the dark tan plates and the moss green pieces.

You have devised some clever solutions to many of the challenges of building meduseld....the tapering front spires, the horses head motifs, the golden highlights, the roof..

Only thing i can see that you could add would be the small horses head fountain/water spout that is positioned to left of the ramp in the movie.

Incredible! Love the rockwork! Nice roof and incredible color palette! :sweet::thumbup:

The best Edoras MOC I've seen. I'm very impressed by the sheer size and the landscaping is phenomenal :wub:

Great use of all those golden window panes too :classic:

Great moc, the building has so many clever techniques en details and the landscape works really well.

Awesome work :wub_drool: very well detailed and you recreate the film scene very well :wink:

Well, the whole thing is spectacular; but, that is seriously the best rockwork I've ever seen. Mixing the greys--and not just light and dark, also old and new--works phenomenally well at this scale as well as the constant changes in stud direction. The patches of dark tan as brush on any mildly level area is a fantastic touch.

Completely blown away. This is some awesome work.

This is the best one so far with so much detail. It gives the impression of a godly palace.

This is awesome, the colours, the building, the rockwork, this is a beautiful MOC, and IMO is one of the best Edoras MOCs to date, thanks for sharing this wonderful creation. :classic:

The best rock work I have seen yet. Amazing details and when taken as a whole, this has to be one of the best Lotr mocs so far. Brilliant!

Edited by pogie

I have to agree, the color palette really makes this MOC rock. Gotta love the variation to color TLG has given us over the last few years (dark tan, dark green, olive green), this creation really wouldn't be able to reach the same level of authenticity with just tan, green, gold, brown and the greys.

That isn't to say that the techniques used for the building and landscaping aren't superb as well. Beautifully done!

Beautiful. The roof and rock work are fantastic. The scale is awesome. Does it have an interior?

My only improvement suggestions would be to add some more detail to the square LBG masonary plinth: Perhaps some more rocks or shrubs to break up that square facade. Maybe slightly fewer gold fences/grid decorations on the front. The viking snake tile would be a good alternative for some variety: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2431pb043

Edited by Missing Brick

Looks great. The color and shape look great. The groundwork is amazing. The color scheme works really well together. Keep up the great work!