Rolli

MAC Entry: The Master of Cheese

9414428269_ea1517da16_c.jpg

Rebuilding Moria is a huge task. There are many buildings, statues and other little things that need treatment but the thing we had to start with was the statue of the Master of Cheese. People always argue that it looks similar to me which is no coincidence as it merely depicts one of my ancestors. And the beard lies in the family.

It took us a while but as the Hand only demolished the statue but left the parts behind it wasn't too hard. With the help of the dwarven artisan guild we were able to restore it to its former glory. Now it can protect the city once again!

Oh, whats the story behind it, you ask?

Once upon a time the first of house Moriartus came to the place where Moria lies now. There was nothing except a marble cheese slope with a sword in it. It was sitting there for ages and nobody managed to remove the sword so far. Moriartus kneeled, closed his eyes and tried to pull the sword. Somehow it moved and he was able to pull it out - marking the beginning of the cheese slope era and founding the mighty city of Moria.

Now I have to lay my feather aside - there is more rebuilding to do than just this statue.

Sir Moriartus

Yeah, of course, I had to pull this one, it was too good not to pass the opportunity to carve my nickname into stone :wink:

It will be part of my small Moria layout of 3x3 48x48 baseplates and be used as the market place. I will post the other parts during the next weeks.

Some pictures showing more details:

1. Sir Moriartus overseeing the dwarven workers.

9414427921_6baec56614_c.jpg

2. Repairments are getting done.

9417192638_98be3fae24.jpg

3. Sir Moriartus and a familiar head in the background.

9417191744_8b51b7db66_c.jpg

4. The statue is posed: Kneeling before the cheese slope.

9417190876_2a2e86c193_c.jpg

5. And the complete statue with the head:

9417190378_cf8c8dc86e_c.jpg

6. A different angle:

9417191282_77e9daca6e_c.jpg

Far from perfect, I know. The posing was important to me as well as the head. And I don't want to know how many times I managed to crash the whole statue. (As a matter of fact: My mum killed the whole dio just seconds ago :angry: ) The floor is just partly finished as it will connect to the other baseplates and there will be houses and market stands on it. As I already had to buy 10K of 1x1 round tiles in lbg this morning I passed on putting all the other bits on the plates..

I hope you like it. Comments and critique appreciated, as always!

Edited by Rolli

My favorite. Very nice! How did you acquire all the 1x1 flat round plates? I have always dreamed of finding those on a pick a brick wall.

My favorite. Very nice! How did you acquire all the 1x1 flat round plates? I have always dreamed of finding those on a pick a brick wall.

I have Legoland Germany nearby. They have a large pab that is charged by weight. And luckily they have these tiles. Almost emptied the box this morning ;)

Very nice! Loved the statue and neat ground! The story was great! :laugh: . I haven't yet found those round tile in P-a-B, but I'll keep looking! Why is it that when I click a pic it takes me to your embassy on FlickR? :laugh:

Why is it that when I click a pic it takes me to your embassy on FlickR? :laugh:

Damn! You noticed my bad attempt to manipulate clicks :laugh:

No, I just copied my old formatting from my embassy posting and forgot about replacing the links. :sadnew:

Very glad you could enter! The 1x1 round tiles for the ground look great and I love the backstory to the build :laugh:

The statue is quite recognizable too, I'm especially impressed with how well you captured the beard :wub:

Very, very nice. All the round tiles create a pretty cool effect, and the sculpture is pretty sweet too. :thumbup:

Excellent job! Great statue and that ground is very nice! :thumbup:

Great build, and hilarious story too! The posing of the statue is excellent

:classic:

Very nice statue and a great way to show your love for cheese slopes! :wink: And I love that the guy painting has green paint on his face!

Crazy stuff, Mr. Cheese! A rather cool statue and a nice big cheese slope. Only thing that looks kinda odd is that your main character by now looks kinda tall in comparison to the legs with all those things added to the main torso. Or maybe its just a strange angel from wich you shot the picture.

Beautiful statue and nice little figs building it!

What struck me however whas how you had managed to use several cheese slopes after each other smoothly with that headlight technique. Even if it may be an established technique I've never noticed it before :classic:

The statue and the whole moc is good.

What really gives a ++ is the paviment, it looks very authetic.

Those dwarves are funny :laugh: But the statue isn't, so really great job with that :sweet: