Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

[MOC] Es. Co. Tracto-motive Steamer

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Here is the first steamer on the Es. Co. railway. Built from an old steam tractor! I wanted to build something simple since I finally got the one piece I've been missing, the round boiler front. pOKD61x.jpgHQctNTq.jpg On another note, we haven't heard anything from Locomotive Annie in a while....

I like the idea of reusing old steam tractors and turning them into steam locomotives. Any plans on what to do with it?

Not really since I don't have any permanent Layout.

Hmmm. Maybe a small tender and a few flat cars...

Maybe instead of flat cars, some old carriages? If you redesign the loco to incorporate colors, it might stand out more, and look nice pulling some carriages. Just an idea.

Maybe instead of flat cars, some old carriages? If you redesign the loco to incorporate colors, it might stand out more, and look nice pulling some carriages. Just an idea.

I am kind of stumped for ideas at the moment, maybe you could design a coach or two for me?

I am kind of stumped for ideas at the moment, maybe you could design a coach or two for me?

I could try. Would you want it in bricks? Or LDD? Bricks would be easier but LDD isn't out of the question.

I was thinking along the lines of the early railroad carriages, but the loco would have to be rebuilt in an overall color scheme. Maybe something yellowish? Or red? What do you think? Also, the carriage colors, any preferences?

I could try. Would you want it in bricks? Or LDD? Bricks would be easier but LDD isn't out of the question.

I was thinking along the lines of the early railroad carriages, but the loco would have to be rebuilt in an overall color scheme. Maybe something yellowish? Or red? What do you think? Also, the carriage colors, any preferences?

I am thinking about making a better version of it in Red and Black or Dark Green and Black. Maybe Dark Green / Yellow or Red / Yellow for the carriages.

I am thinking about making a better version of it in Red and Black or Dark Green and Black. Maybe Dark Green / Yellow or Red / Yellow for the carriages.

If the loco is going to be red and black, I think the carriages shouldnt have red, so maybe Ill try dark green/yellow.

What kind of carriages would you like? Early American or early European?

Very glaringly gold!

Still it is a nice little engine and good concept of old traction engines being rebuilt as steam trains. My only concern with that is that these kind of engines they may be a bit slow. Most traction engines I've seen go only about 5 miles per hour at best.

If the loco is going to be red and black, I think the carriages shouldnt have red, so maybe Ill try dark green/yellow.

What kind of carriages would you like? Early American or early European?

Early American.

Very glaringly gold!

Still it is a nice little engine and good concept of old traction engines being rebuilt as steam trains. My only concern with that is that these kind of engines they may be a bit slow. Most traction engines I've seen go only about 5 miles per hour at best.

Ok. the Locomotive was originally a one cylinder locomotive using a belt drive but when it was rebuilt they removed the one cylinder and replaced it with a 2 cylinder oscillating locomotive.

Early American.

Is there any specific time period you intend for this loco?

Railroad tech changed quite a bit in the early years.

Edited by Spitfire2865

Is there any specific time period you intend for this loco?

Railroad tech changed quite a bit in the early years.

Just any time early America

I can't wait to see!

Its almost done. Unfortunately, Im missing a few parts and it will be posted incomplete. But the missing parts do exist (2 1x4 plates- dark green)

And you may have to design some coupler pocket for it as its not designed conventionally. Also, BBB medium drivers would probably work well for the wheels.

Its almost done. Unfortunately, Im missing a few parts and it will be posted incomplete. But the missing parts do exist (2 1x4 plates- dark green)

And you may have to design some coupler pocket for it as its not designed conventionally. Also, BBB medium drivers would probably work well for the wheels.

I do need to buy some more Medium Drivers. I still can't wait to see!