Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #78: As Thick As Thieves

heroicaquest78.jpg

It's just past four o'clock as a crisp, cool air settles onto Uland. It's been unnaturally dreary these past few days. Four heroes make the half hour trek out of Eubric and down the Eubric Highway on the request of Abbot Watt to search for his brother. Those four heroes are...

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious. -Party Leader-

Unknown age male human ranger

Level 13

Power: 21

Health: 18/18

Gold: 155

Equipment: Aquabow (WP: 7, Water-elemental), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), Syndicate Cowl (SP: 2, Immune to Doomed effect)

Inventory:

Consumables: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone x2, Nostrum x2, Potion x4, Remedy x4, , Venom, Ice Bomb, Grand Potion, Mead x2,

Equipment: White Marksman's Hat - (⅙ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear), Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bow(WP:5)

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

69 year old male gnome Cleric

Level: 11

Power: 17 (11 + 5 + permanent boost of 1)

SP: 3

Health: 19/19 (9+10)

Ether: 13/15 (5+10)

Gold: 0

Equipment: Knotted Broom (WP: 5), Tricorne (suitable for anyone, SP: 3, headwear)

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Mead, Smelling Salts, Tonic, Remedy x2, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten, up to the user to choose how many are eaten at a time), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll.

V916GDK.jpgSorrow(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 23 1/3 *Immune to Light and Blinded*

Power Bonus: +1

Defense: 6

Health: 34/34 (7+21+5)

Gold: 854

Equipment: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27 Ice and Darkness Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear),Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x6, Health Core, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x3, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Mead x7, Smelling Salts x7, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Neutralizer

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 23.66 Druid *Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 33

Defense: 6

Health: 37/37

Ether: 23/23

Gold:311

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz,,Opal, Aquamarine, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Fireworks, Remedy, , mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Grand tonic (x5)

-------

After what seemed like an eternity, the party members finally make it to the Watt Estate. The stone building showed what appeared to have been a once regal and upper class mansion. However, now was not the case. Windows had been boarded up, many of the art pieces and statues appeared to have either rusted or be in ruins, and many of the plants and vegetation had overgrown and consumed many parts of the house. Outside on the front steps, a few town watch guards stand watch as a man with a very proper mustache appeared to be comforting an aging woman.

9336890749_5d4e8f5c43_o.jpg

9336893385_2896ed4238_o.jpg

"...Now, milady, if you would please calm yourself, allow me to reassure you, everything is fine."

9352156059_3df03e5fa4_o.jpg

"What do you mean everything is fine! What has my son done now to warrant this?!"

OOC: Beinvenue! Welcome to As Thick As Thieves! For the time being, you may talk to your fellow quest mates, or talk to the individuals here. You have 24 hours to confirm before I hand over your character to the party leader. If you do not after that confirm within 48 hours, you will be replaced with another hero. If you have any shopping to do, please do so. I have magical editing powers you know! Last, if I screw up, let me know. It'll make the quest better for everyone, including me. Best of luck, your going to need some!

Let's get Dangerous!

Edited by Kintobor

OOC: Already taken note of! If anything is off here, let me know. :thumbup:

OOC: I no longer owe Arthur any gold, I no longer have the Frog Paladin Staff or the Medal of Glory, and I have equipped the Tricorne. Also, my total power is 17. I've updated again to make sure everything's right, it should be now. :blush::tongue:

OOC: Yes, perfect. :thumbup:

Grimwald became slightly concerned when he saw the two people arguing, but decided against confronting them, instead giving a small nod towards Sorrow, the enigmatic character he had quested with twice before. Grimwald was sure Sorrow would be able to handle the situation.

Edited by LordoftheNoobs

Em nods towards his fellow heroes. "Em," he says simply.

Inspecting the area, Em can't help but notice who he assumed to be his employer squabbling. Not wanting to interrupt, he merely stood prepared for instructions.

With a newly sharpened bow in tow and a bucketful of consumables on my personage I meet up with the rest of the party, nodding to everyone.

"I'm Sorrow. Good to meet you all."

Adjusting my hood carefully so my entire face was concealed, I walk over to the bickering couple.

"Ah, hello there. Are you two relatives of Mister Abbot?"

My updated statistics is in the statistics thread, Kintobor.

Edited by Endgame

OOC: Excellent! Everyone's here! Let's begin!

Adjusting my hood carefully so my entire face was concealed, I walk over to the bickering couple.

"Ah, hello there. Are you two relatives of Mister Abbot?"

The two look down at the party from the front steps.

"Related! Bah! Don't make me blush, good sir! I am Lieutenant Paolo of the Town Watch. We're here after reports of this woman's son was seen entering a section of the sewers which we've locked off to halt Wolfgang activity."

"My word, when I get my hands on him... apologies, my name is Anne-Marie Watt. My two sons, as accomplished as they are, cannot seem to stay out of trouble! First he was involved as a witness to that robbery and now this! What is the woman you brought with you doing, Lieutenant? Hopefully nothing violent! The few pieces of artwork left in that house are priceless!"

"I assure you, milady, my equal is inclined to stay on the side of the law. However, she's also very serious about her job..."

Looking slightly worried, Paolo whips out his megaphone over his mouth and begins to howler in the direction of the upper floors of the house.

"Lilith, is everything alright up there! Is somethin' wrong!"

"I can only assume my son wishes to speak with you. Head upstairs and check on him for me please. I'll wring him out later. And will you stop shouting into that megaphone!"

Anne-Marie Watt pushes the Lieutenants megaphone down, who quickly holds it against his chest.

"Watch it! This is expensive equipment! If you chaps want to go upstairs, be my guest. Lilith should be done interrogating him shortly."

The Lt. moves out of the way to allow the party upstairs. Do they wish to ask some questions with the two first, or check on Abbot?

Edited by Kintobor

Elgar turns to the Lt. and says

"I assure you Abbot did not enter the sewers to help the Wolfgang, I went in with him and the Wolfgang attacked us, he is no friend of the Wolfgang."

Elgar then turns to the party before saying

"I thing we should check if Abbot is all right. When I last quested for him he was nervous at the best of times"

I look curiously at the device the lieutenant was holding.

"Whoa. I didn't even know devices like that were possible... Maybe Heroica should get them. Where did you get it from?

Ms. Anna-Marie, do you know anything else about the robbery your son witnessed?"

Edited by Endgame

Elgar turns to the Lt. and says

"I assure you Abbot did not enter the sewers to help the Wolfgang, I went in with him and the Wolfgang attacked us, he is no friend of the Wolfgang."

Elgar then turns to the party before saying

"I thing we should check if Abbot is all right. When I last quested for him he was nervous at the best of times"

"That may be the case, but he still owns a key that allows entrance to an area of the sewers that we do not want civilians entering. Hell, civilians shouldn't be going into the sewers, but there really is no stopping them, now is there?"

I look curiously at the device the lieutenant was holding.

"Whoa. I didn't even know devices like that were possible... Maybe Heroica should get them. Where did you get it from?

Ms. Anna-Marie, do you know anything else about the robbery your son witnessed?"

Paolo looks down at his device.

"What, this? It's cone shape acts an amplifier. No fancy electronics about it. It's simply made of durable metal. Why fix something that isn't broken?"

OOC: It's an old school megaphone, and they did exist. I don't remember what they were called, but they were used to communicate between sailing ships I'm pretty sure.

Anne-Marie crosses her arms.

"It's Anne-Marie, thank you very much, and from what he told me, a group of Wolfgang hooligans robbed a weapons dealer selling weapons to the Town Watch. I did hear an arrest was made."

"Multiple arrests, actually."

I curse myself mentally. Do try not to completely lose your mind, Sorrow. It would seem that age is a slippery slope.

"Erm... Apologies. The past four centuries have done a bit of a number on me, lately...

"Any notable characters locked up?"

I curse myself mentally. Do try not to completely lose your mind, Sorrow. It would seem that age is a slippery slope.

"Erm... Apologies. The past four centuries have done a bit of a number on me, lately...

"Any notable characters locked up?"

"Yeah, Ulric Wolfgang."

The lieutenant chuckles at his obvious joke. The other two watchmen join in with hushed laughter.

"No, not really. A few Wolgang thugs including a particular lieutenant, Brier. He was rather high on the payroll apparently. That was until he was curb stomped and brought in by a group of heroes. We're still debating about what to do with him since he has little to no chance of parole, and keeping him in jail could result in a bust out, one never knows. However, killing him could cause a retaliation from Ulric's men. He's locked up at the time being though."

Edited by Kintobor

"My good sir, I urge you to consider, before you confiscate the key from Abbot, that he is on the verge of a breakthrough that will allow us to learn more about ancient history and can bring with amazing technologies that will benefit the people. For the sake of science and history please let Abbot carry on."

"My good sir, I urge you to consider, before you confiscate the key from Abbot, that he is on the verge of a breakthrough that will allow us to learn more about ancient history and can bring with amazing technologies that will benefit the people. For the sake of science and history please let Abbot carry on."

"Like I haven't heard that story before. If Abbot wants to progress our technology he should get out of his books and get an internship with the Guild of Invision or the Ji Pei. Entering private property is a crime, and depending on the intent, a serious crime! I have no idea, nor do I care what Abbot was doing in the sewers unless it was of criminal intent, but we still need to figure out how he got down there and for what purpose."

"Are you suggesting my son's a criminal?!?"

Paolo seems to be taken back by the statement.

"Not at all, madame, simply implying that... well... um... he shouldn't be going into places he shouldn't be going into is all!"

The party can just see the argument about to rupture again in the looks of Anne-Marie and the lieutenant.

"Stay focused," Em says quietly, glancing between the two of them. "Miss, did you know your son was headed to the sewers, or did he sneak out?"

"Stay focused," Em says quietly, glancing between the two of them. "Miss, did you know your son was headed to the sewers, or did he sneak out?"

"Hmmpf. I wish I knew. He's always out and about after his lectures and then arrives long past his working hours, often with jars and equipment. He can afford all these things yet he can't move out! Unlike his brother, who at least owns a house. Sometimes I wondered what happened to the Watt lineage... Oh well."

Edited by Kintobor

Em merely nods, glancing at his party members. If he was prone to wandering, Em would assume suspicious activity.

"Has he had any breakthroughs recently? Anyone strange visit him? Any strange behaviour?"

"After we get the response to this question, shall we head on up?"

Em merely nods, glancing at his party members. If he was prone to wandering, Em would assume suspicious activity.

"Has he had any breakthroughs recently? Anyone strange visit him? Any strange behaviour?"

"No, not recently. In fact, this past week he's come home right after work and then retreats to his study. He's had a few acquaintances over during that time though. If memory recalls, there was that Jeffrey St. John fellow who came over who was one of Abbot's friends from school, and then there was one of his students who came over for extra assistance with him. Other than that, suspicious isn't what I'd call his behavior. I'd call it normal for once."