Little bookshelf

img_0884.jpg

So it begins!

dsc_6159.jpg

dsc_6168.jpg

dsc_6167.jpg

dsc_6162.jpg

dsc_6176.jpg

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Nice castle but ouch! They have broken the poor eagle's wings to make it flightless and force it to defend the castle. That's quite barbaric. :sceptic:

Edited by Haltiamieli

Great moc , you have a lot of rohan minifigs :wub: . Can I ask why did you put the wings on the eagle oriented in the wrong direction ? :)

I don't picture that as an actual place for the Rohirrim, since I picture more wood-built structures. However, with that aside, I think this is a great looking fortress on its own. And the large number of Rohan soldiers is impressive.

Very nice MOC. It's very interesting to see standard "castle" MOCs made out of mostly bricks and minifigs from LOTR sets.

This is great. Lot's of variety in the structure, and the interior details finish it off nicely.

I've been working on a similar type of build, and have made some similar decisions. Totally different style though.

Excellent proportions, distribution of color, and a nice asymetry that reminds me of Greyskull-like playsets as a kid. (Maybe add a catapult on the top of the soldiers' parapet/balcony to balance the Eagle's Nest?) Also, it would be cool if hinges let you open up the castle to more easily access the inside. Overall, very impressive!

Excellent build, I like how you kept a similar style to Helm's Deep, yet changed the layout entirely :thumbup: Excellent interiors and great fig posing in the battle scenes :classic:

While it looks amazing, I have to say it kinda is unfitting for Rohan... I mean Rohan Had little Stone castles or citadels if we exclude Helm's Deep ...

There is nothing wrong with this for the Rohan, despite including loads of detail in his works, Tolkien did not focus much on rohan architecture. Anyone with half a brain would have more than one fortress in their realm if they're a warrior.

I love the details and the sturdy doors are my favorites.

However it seems that one of your spears in the armoury is tilting a little too close to that torch... ...

Oh how I'd love to get my filthy orcish teeth on one of them eagles... so much better than troll mutton....

Great build and design! Thanks for uploading. The little details that I felt were out of place were the books (Rohirrim don't write them, according to Aragorn) and the picture of the sailing ship. They look nice, though.

The little details that I felt were out of place were the books (Rohirrim don't write them, according to Aragorn) .

They may be unappreciated gifts from gondor, or stolen from somewhere....

Thanks for the positive reactions.

I didn't notice that the eagle's wings were in the wrong direction. Looks kinda wrong now. :p But it was a 'special' sort of eagle.

Oke so the rohirrim didn't write but they can read if im not mistaken.

Not everything is described in detail how the rohirrim lived, it is my interpretation of it.

But I like how you guys know so much about this universe! I still have much to learn :D

Edited by kreimkoek