Lightsped

Where do individual minifigs come from?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

If you look at ebay you will find numerous sellers selling minifigs. Most, if not all, of these minifigs come from sets right? Two questions: Where are all of these sets that the seller simply takes the minifigs out of to sell online? How do these sellers sell the minifigs as "new" when they have been removed from the sets.... Or am I missing something? Is there a way to buy minifigs (new) without buying the sets??

You can either buy them off of E Bay like you have noticed, or off of Bricklink.

Well, like you said they buy the sets, remove the figures, and then either put the set on display, or break it up and use the pieces for MOC's or something. But don't understand how they can be 'new' either....

Well, you need a mummy minifig and a daddy minifig who love each other very much and...

That's too funny :classic:

With new they just mean it hasn't been played with. They mean when they opened the set, they take the minifig out, make a photograph, then they put it in s small bag so it doesn't get scrached or damaged. Often, when there's a cape included or bagged soft plastic/hard plastic very detailed head/armor, they leave that in the small bag or box.

I don't get how people are able to buy like 150 minifigures. They are at least 2$ each? Are people really paying 300 dollar, just for minifigs, or is there a way to get them cheaper than bricklink/online stores?

well, if you buy a lot of LEGO on ebay it is cheaper than buying just the minifigs apart I think.

If you look at ebay you will find numerous sellers selling minifigs. Most, if not all, of these minifigs come from sets right? Two questions: Where are all of these sets that the seller simply takes the minifigs out of to sell online? How do these sellers sell the minifigs as "new" when they have been removed from the sets.... Or am I missing something? Is there a way to buy minifigs (new) without buying the sets??

Unfortunately my local Target sells a few LEGO sets sans minifigures due to theft I presume. A few of the TMNT sets are discounted due to 'missing figures'. I also see empty CMF packs around various shops that i frequest also. Sad really, but there is value in them.

I was mainly curious about the Ebay store owners who specialize in Lego. They always have a nearly endless amount of Stormtroopers (as new) and Battledroids (as new) for sale. Where do they get all of these?? They must have tons and tons of opened kits without Troopers or Droids.....

I heard that some also buy directly from TLG, but that might be not true.

Well, you need a mummy minifig and a daddy minifig who love each other very much and...

Hi

thanks for the laughting! :)

@Topic: I buy myself at an ebay store that sell both, sets without figs and the fig he had taken out. This way i was able to get the MF for 70€ (instead 150€) and Queen Amidala fig for 13€, without the sub.

This guy has 35k+ ratings (positive) on ebay. If i add everything he gets out e.g. Lukes Landspeeder, there is only a 10% margin for him, compared to the MRSP. But 10% by 35000+ sold items..... ;)

Dino

Hi

thanks for the laughting! :)

@Topic: I buy myself at an ebay store that sell both, sets without figs and the fig he had taken out. This way i was able to get the MF for 70€ (instead 150€) and Queen Amidala fig for 13€, without the sub.

This guy has 35k+ ratings (positive) on ebay. If i add everything he gets out e.g. Lukes Landspeeder, there is only a 10% margin for him, compared to the MRSP. But 10% by 35000+ sold items..... ;)

Dino

And who is the guy you're talking about? Or is it forbidden to say that on Eurobricks... :look:

And who is the guy you're talking about? Or is it forbidden to say that on Eurobricks... :look:

Hi

the one i am purchasing from is from the german eBay: modellbau.alex.lange That is his eBayname.

I would say he has per week all actual sets twice, plus the figs, or most of them sold seperately.

Dino

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks, you just made my day!!

Assuming that the seller has paid the full retail price.... I split a couple of sets a while ago that I'd got with a 40-50% discount and it made the margins a lot better :wink:

I've always sell my minifigures as being 'new' but made it clear that I've split them from a new set, and that they've never been assembled.