Mike S

Inside Kaliphlin: Day 2 Jungles of Gorr

The second day of the Kaliphlin tour, we take you to the far south, beyond the Kaliphlin mainland to the island of Gorr. While the north-western half of this island is mostly a desert region, the largest and oldest jungles of Kaliphlin are located in the south eastern half. It is rumored that a lost civilization lies within a large primeval forest that still exists at the center of this jungle growth.

We will not be setting foot on this island today as it can be quite a dangerous place for tourists. However you can get a good look at the jungles of Gorr from the deck of our ship.

9063020499_d2e71729d9_c.jpg

Jungles of Gorr by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

9064847132_2b1acdf2e5_c.jpg

JunglesofGorrback by Masa of Kaliphlin, on Flickr

Look! You can even see one of the native jungle elves. If you ever do decide to come back and explore the jungles of Gorr, be sure to hire a jungle elf as your guide. The jungles are home to many an ancient monstrous creature and without a jungle elf to guide you, your chances of making it back out of the jungle alive are slim at best. Also a warning to those who plan to sail these waters. Whatever you do, do not sail around the southernmost tip of Gorr. The southern coast is called the Forbidden Coast for a reason. Everything that a sailor fears most lies just around that corner... everything from giant sea serpents to giant whirlpools. So be warned.

That is it for today. We sure hope you enjoyed today's tour and prepare yourselves for tomorrow's!

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

holy crap masa, this is really great. Defenitely one of your best, I totally love it and I'd like to send my ships to Gorr to see what it's like!

Lovely vegetation, especially the palm trees are exceptional! :classic:

Excellent Masa! I love the jungle vegetation in this MOC, and the description is great!

Awesome job, fantastic vegetation and flowers! :thumbup:

holy crap masa, this is really great. Defenitely one of your best, I totally love it and I'd like to send my ships to Gorr to see what it's like!

Looks like we've got someone... :laugh:

I love this, such a powerful vig. Beautiful water and spectacular vegetation, that's what Gorr is all about!

:classic:

Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the MOC and the presentation :wink:

Awesome!!!

Such a great trees and plants!!! :sweet:

Thanks DM!

Thanks! This is just a small preview of what I have cooking up for my base on Gorr.... :wink:

Lovely vegetation, especially the palm trees are exceptional! :classic:

Incredible trees :wub: The water effect is also excellent :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Excellent Masa! I love the jungle vegetation in this MOC, and the description is great!

Thanks! Your description gave me the idea for my description :sweet:

Awesome job, fantastic vegetation and flowers! :thumbup:

Looks like we've got someone... :laugh:

I love this, such a powerful vig. Beautiful water and spectacular vegetation, that's what Gorr is all about!

:classic:

Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the MOC and the presentation :wink:

The atmosphere on this is great and I love the palm trees on this, makes me wish I had some sword leaf pieces now!

Thanks guys and gals!

The palm trees do look exceptional. They remind me of Dr. Seuss and that isn't a bad thing.

The extra vegetation is very fitting for a jungle. I want to see more!

I also want to see some Forbidden Coast monsters..

Excellent work, I like the overwhelming vegetation, I hope we see some more MOCs from the Jungle, I think that is one semi-unique terrain we have in Kaliphlin that is very unused. Those palms are terrific. I really need to get my hands on some sword leaves.

The palm trees do look exceptional. They remind me of Dr. Seuss and that isn't a bad thing.

The extra vegetation is very fitting for a jungle. I want to see more!

I also want to see some Forbidden Coast monsters..

Thanks! Dr Seuss is awesome so thats a compliment.

Excellent work, I like the overwhelming vegetation, I hope we see some more MOCs from the Jungle, I think that is one semi-unique terrain we have in Kaliphlin that is very unused. Those palms are terrific. I really need to get my hands on some sword leaves.

Thanks! Jungle is probably my favorite terrain to build.

This is just fantastic, Masa!

The vegetation is nicely executed, while maintaining a fun, cartoony quality.

Great work!

Thanks! I've been trying to achieve a unique building style and I'm thinking that I'm going to be going with this.

Wonderful! The one thing that sticks out here as perfect is the different heights you have on such a small baseplate! The palms are just epic!

Wonderful! The one thing that sticks out here as perfect is the different heights you have on such a small baseplate! The palms are just epic!

Thanks! I need to take pictures of the sides as it is longer than it is wide, whereas here it looks square.

Nice build, is the headpiece a original and if so, witch one?

Thanks! It is the hairpiece from the lone ranger stagecoach set.

Wow! Theses are certainly a few of the best trees I have ever seen. I regret not buying the new color of bamboo leaves at LEGOLAND, because I didn't think they would look that good. I was so wrong...

Beautiful! Some sweet vegetation going on there and the turtle is a great touch. :thumbup:

I absolutley love this MOC! :wub: I have been watching the tours closely, enjoying them all, but haven't been posting on them due to being limited to my phone. Anyway, I just want you to know that of all of them, this is the build that sticks out in my memory the most. The flower things are so beautiful and fantastic and the trees are very well done. If there is any place in Historica that could make this dwarf want to live somewhere above ground, it's here. Perhaps I can come and visit sometime? :wink:

I've always been a fan of tropical greenery, and what you have built here, Masa, is no slouch! Excellent MOC!

Wow! Theses are certainly a few of the best trees I have ever seen. I regret not buying the new color of bamboo leaves at LEGOLAND, because I didn't think they would look that good. I was so wrong...

I was so excited to get the new color but when I tried to actually use it I found it difficult.

Beautiful! Some sweet vegetation going on there and the turtle is a great touch. :thumbup:

Sounds and looks almost Doctor Suess-ish

Very cool

Thanks guys!

I absolutley love this MOC! :wub: I have been watching the tours closely, enjoying them all, but haven't been posting on them due to being limited to my phone. Anyway, I just want you to know that of all of them, this is the build that sticks out in my memory the most. The flower things are so beautiful and fantastic and the trees are very well done. If there is any place in Historica that could make this dwarf want to live somewhere above ground, it's here. Perhaps I can come and visit sometime? :wink:

You can absolutely come and visit! The project I am working on now is a gate town of sort for those who wish to explore the southern part of Gorr.

I've always been a fan of tropical greenery, and what you have built here, Masa, is no slouch! Excellent MOC!

Thanks man!