Scarst

Gathering Presents on the Road to Mpya Stedor

On a dusty almost forgotten road in Kaliphan Sergio and his men moved there wagon at a slow pace to not tax the horses, the cargo they carried meant to be gifts to DaMaximus, a man Sergio had never met and only heard a bit about. In his head he scoffed at the idea of calling any man Lord, it was a word plain and simple something to indicate land or supposed power. Sergio muttered to himself, "We're all equal in death." Thomas, the man guarding the treasure in the back, laughed knowing exactly what Sergio was thinking. He'd often thought the same but never acted on it, he couldn't afford to not serve a house and therefore had to play the game of titles.

Sergio saw it from a kilometer away sprouting from the ground a blood red eye sore and he knew exactly what it meant. He yelled back to Thomas, "We have an infestation! Prepare yourself!"

9028632454_7f5a3fdff0_z.jpg

As they approached the citadel,the top of a building and an entrance into the underdark, the Dark Elves got into a position stupidly thinking they'd surprise the caravan. Sergio could only keep heading forward until they decided to make their move.

9026407899_d305ecb234_z.jpg

9026405393_836740a632_z.jpg

The dark elves finally made their move the leader swiftly raced up and cut the horses harnass freeing them from the wagon. The horses quickly raced away from the danger as the wagon halted to a stop in the middle of the road.

9026410447_f705c94c2a_z.jpg

The Dark elves quickly surrounded the wagon spitting threats of enslavement upon the men and speaking in a ghoulish tongue. Sergios face went from calm to pure disgust as he saw this ... thing trying to talk to him, over the months he'd been working with Dugal his Hatred for certain things had tappered he'd learn to come to respect some Orcs even though they may be dead now he would never forget the ferocity and skill he'd fought with, but that did not extend to these ugly creatures and their ways.

9026411873_4c63a355ac_z.jpg

The discourse started quickly, with the Dark elf saying something in an incomprehensible tongue. Sergio was quick to reply:

"I don't speak in demon tongues she-beast.", he insulted. "If you want to make demands you best do it in a real language."

The Dark elf bitterly replied, "You'll soon learn to respect your new master slave, come quietly and you'll keep all your body parts."

"You're worth so much more in one peice, at least as a worker", she cockily continued. "Although the mages might have use for a sacrifice."

Sergio could only laugh as this thing made ridiculous demands of him. "The mole womens going to enslave us Thomas!" he yelled back laughing.

Thomas laughing said, "This one looks like he's already been cut it half!". "He must be half a meter shorter than me!" laughed Thomas.

9026413151_4d46cf5126_z.jpg

The dark elf leader quickly shouted, "You dare insult me! You will not live to see another day!"

As she finished her sentence the wagon started rumbling.

"You're already dead she-beast.", said Sergio calmly.

Right at that moment the stairs were pushed out.

9026415699_8d14fd779c_z.jpg

As they unlocked the stairs quickly flew out smashing the first dark elf into the ground leaving a dark smear on the stairs and embedding the despicable creature into the ground.

9026418009_4ec7b24daa_z.jpg

Thomas laughed as he saw the wretched thing twitch knowing what it had planned to do was still running through its head as it drew it's final breath. The men quickly surrounded the second one giving it no time to react and one of them slit it's throat. Watching as it dropped to the ground without a single word as it's eyes fell back into it's head. The men stabbed it in the back for good measure and for a slight bit of pleasure knowing they were adding insult to injury.

9028650234_6b31bacaa4_z.jpg

9026425357_ee091e4c90_z.jpg

As they finished half the men came to the front of the wagon and surrounded the leader.

She shouted, "The Matriach will hear of this you wont keep me prisoner long!"

Sergio laughed, "You think I'm a noble!" All the men laughed as the dark elf looked around.

"You will pay for my imprisonment!", the dark elf said. The men laughed again.

"Someday your matriarch may come looking for you, someday they may try to make me pay, but it wont be for your imprisonment."

"And if they ever do come I'll do the same thing to them as what is about to happen to you." said Sergio coldly.

"Behead Her!", he yelled

As the ax came down a scream echoed through the waste and quickly cut off and the air was silent.

9026420279_5c3945c2d9_z.jpg

9028654960_8544f3b7bd_z.jpg

As one of the men lifted the head he asked, "What do we do with this?"

Sergio smiled, "Put it in the chest for DaMaximus, we'll give it to him as a gift."

9026427833_8d1468a259_z.jpg

Thomas laughed, "You heard the man haul out the chest and put it dead center." He chuckled a bit.

As they opened the chest to reveal sapphires, rubies, and emeralds the size of fists they neatly set them aside and put the head in the middle of the box.

9026429215_f6d326ebf2_z.jpg

"Right men back in the wagon it is quite a bit of travel to get to Mpya Stedor and we have to get there before the celebration dies down."

"And Thomas make sure he gets our offering last we're going to need the time for the plan"

With that they packed up, gathered the horses and Sergio started heading to Mypa Stedor at double pace.

(Sorry for any misspellings, bad grammar, or awkward phrasing I missed still, I'm still recovering from a horrible plane ride.)

Edited by Scarst

(everything now said is out of character)

It is a really cool landscape and a very nice cart you made here!!

About the story itself, you are lucky that our characters never knows what we know. So nobody knows what happened there at this moment.

About how the story will go further:

Scarst and his men finally saw the city of Mpya Stedor. Before the walls they noticed a dozen really big campsites, full of colourfull flags waving in the wind.

Once arrived at the Main Gate, they were awaited by some soldiers and an officer.

Scarst, playing it cool, said:

"I am a Mitgardian trader with beer supplies, may I please pass the gates"

The officer replied very formal:

"Before entering the city, let me say you the laws of Mpya Stedor. (blablablabla). In these celebrating times, all guests are seen as Not Official Traders and therefore, it is forbidden for everyone to wear weapons in the city. So my soldiers will carry your gifts and tradeware inside the city and you can follow them."

Scarst, panicing a bit:

"What about my own guards? I don't feel safe without them! And isn't it easier to take the cart inside?"

The officer laughing:

"The innercity is not a parking lot. Your guards can take this beautifull cart with them and can join the parties in the Mitgardian campment outside the wall. One of my men will guide them to there. About your safety: there are enough guards patrolling the city and all other guests are unarmed as well. Lord Damaximus guaranteed everyone's safety in the city. As long as you behave yourself, you do not have to fear other people :classic: "

So my friend, I hope you see in what trouble you are bringing your own character :classic: Once one of my treasury masters will see the content of the Gift, they will alarm me and the I.A.M.S. . Your character is without any guards and unarmed.

It is probably better to avoid all this trouble and just give me a nice gift :classic: You got time enough to change the story and nobody will ever know :classic:

note: I did not made all those laws just up to safe my butt. These are already published a long time ago :classic: Since the assassination attempt on Menshe Isra Ahr, the no-weapon rule in the city has been established.

Edited by Damaximus

Interesting wagon design, the stairs were purposefully built to come out? I like the sections of ruined wall next to the drow tower :thumbup:

I wrote a reply to this last night but apparently I neglected to post it. :wacko:

The story is excellent. I hope DM's 'friends' are around when he opens your gift. :devil: I also hope you'll treat us to a build that finishes the story. Of course, it may take you a while to get to the party without your horses. :tongue:

I wrote a reply to this last night but apparently I neglected to post it. :wacko:

The story is excellent. I hope DM's 'friends' are around when he opens your gift. :devil: I also hope you'll treat us to a build that finishes the story. Of course, it may take you a while to get to the party without your horses. :tongue:

First rule at a wedding: never look at your celebration to what guest brings what gift :classic:

Lord Damaximus wants to treat all his guests the same, no matter what gift they bring. So his treasuremasters will make a list of the gift every guest gives and handdle it to Lord Damaximus after the celebration.

So in fact, it will be the treasure masters who will discover the gift. They will report it to Lord Max Samu and as all Avalonians know, he likes Drow.

For the celebration itself, it will be best that Lord Damaximus or any of the other guests will not see the poisoned gift of Scarst. Otherwise, it would have resulted in a war without any doubt.

Edited by Damaximus

Interesting idea. I like the story itself. The ruined castle wall works well. The wagon is interesting. Is that paper?

The thing that does strike me as odd, is the stairs coming out. The only way I could feasibly imagine it in reality is if it came out most of the way instead of all of the way and underneath it opened up to release the other people. They'd still have the upper hand that way plus, it'd be easier to still climb down from inside the wagon. I can't help but think the dark elves actually had the drop on them since those guys were all cramped up inside of the wagon.

Either way, I'm being too technical. Good build regardless!

I can't see him changing it. Although he has some collection left, I took most of my old collection from his house, so we probably won't see the end of the story either for some time (if ever). (I should mention he built this at my house 12 hours before he got on a plane)

Interesting wagon design, the stairs were purposefully built to come out? I like the sections of ruined wall next to the drow tower :thumbup:

He spent an hour designing that drawer that pops out with the stairs... I won't spoil the other surprise that is build into the wagon, but we probably won't find out about it for some time.

DM is lucky that Scarst didn't know he wouldn't be able to get the wagon in, he would have probably included a hidden catapult to vault his men over the walls... haha.

Edited by SkaForHire

DM is lucky that Scarst didn't know he wouldn't be able to get the wagon in, he would have probably included a hidden catapult to vault his men over the walls... haha.

Hahaha that would have been funny :laugh: But that would have meant the death of every Mitgardian soldier as well (and the capturing of all Mitgardian sigfigs) I fear. (I am not dramatic now, but as his soldiers are in the same campment of all other Mitgardian soldiers, we would have seen this as a Guild group attack).

Anyway, luckily this won't happen and there will be no consequences for this :classic: Maybe Scarst can even find a way to flee :classic:

(All out of character)

Well he is a master of escape, he has to be since he's a mercenary, He'll find a way out without being seen. I'll even do a moc if I still have enough peices (we did just drive about half the collection to ska's house).

And yeah the Cover is paper I didn't have enough time to cut a cloth one unfortunately, else it would have been mitgardian colours.

As for the cart all the men that popped out actually did fit in I made sure, along with the two battle axes, the shields, the swords, and even a few extra crossbows. It's deceptively roomy. The stairs were designed to fly out for surprise, they lock in and are basically spring loaded but on a bigger scale. There are a few more surprises it hold as ska has said, I'm actually kind of proud about that.

That being said I'd never attack anyones sigfig without consent, that'd be rude. His plan is alot less violent.

Edited by Scarst

scarst=ska? at least the moc looks quite a bit like the things ska would build ... And why would scarst kill a drow knowing that dm trades wiht them quite a good deal? Guys, you confuse the crap out of me!

aye, now that makes sense! Good to have you in the North, as Steen and espcially Eric Grimmson (Say No to Drow!) hate the drow too!