anagram

Value of old train parts?

Hey guys just been clearing out my loft and come across my old lego which most of it went straight to my kids.

reason why im posting on here is ive found some of my old lego train set wondered if you guys can give me an idea if its worth anything to anyone.

heres a picture of what ive found so far.

ebaylego2.jpg

on the bottom of the red train engine it has a number which is 39 0 ? any ideas what thats about lol

thanks guys and girls. if this is in the wrong section can somebody let me know or a get a mod to move it.

wow, i'm not a 12v guy but that's a good find if you have no use for it. i think you should try and test the motor before selling to make sure you describe it as it is, otherwise you risk upsetting a collector as they are the only ones that will be bidding for an item like this. good luck

Or a little less (but not much less), as there are two or three different types. The red is indeed rare compared to the black one (which sells for half of the price, or even less)

The rails & conductors will add a few euros to the amount, I think 1 or 1.5 € each in average if they are clean. I think you can count 2 € for 1 conductor part + 2 rails + sleepers (from Bricklink prices, though that I often bought rails for less on Ebay).

Edited by antp

thanks guys for your feedback :classic:

had another look and for some reason im missing the power pack, pretty sure it was a blue box with a big red dial on it. thats if my minds not playing tricks on me lol

is there anyway of testing it without this? had another look on the base of the motor and theres two sets of two connections so i dont think i would be able to just put a 12v supply to it and see if it works"

saying that im pretty sure it was all working when it was stored many moons ago lol

had another look and for some reason im missing the power pack, pretty sure it was a blue box with a big red dial on it. thats if my minds not playing tricks on me lol

is there anyway of testing it without this? had another look on the base of the motor and theres two sets of two connections so i dont think i would be able to just put a 12v supply to it and see if it works"

There was a blue and red controller for the older 12V trains so your memory could be correct.

There are two sets of pickups to make sure there is always an electrical connection through points and crossovers, for testing either should work, so you should be able to just put a 12V supply to either set.