Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafia Mafia: Day Two - Lynch Lunch Hour!

The sun continues to not rise or set in the great Mafia Plane.

IMG_1257_zps41badfb4.jpg

The cop stares out a window on the wrong side of the facade.

cc76d9f2-fdf5-4917-9825-22fb71f4f1b8_zps796c0844.jpg

"No one will think to look for the rule abiding Cop on the side Zepher told us not to go onto," he says confidently to himself.

"Soon, everything the sun touches will be yours," says another voice, and then suddenly the Cop has a ax-scythe in his back.

IMG_1258_zps3a15887d.jpg

The next morning, the town gathers to hear the verdicts of the night and the previous day.

IMG_1259_zps63326a99.jpg

df926c38-7496-440e-af3d-d214fc94208d_zps3804f015.jpg

"The Serial Killer," says Zepher," was a member of the town. Furthermore, so was the Cop. We lost two townies."

0a64e956-a6cf-4525-913e-7a7af5943538_zpsf685fe39.jpg

"Boooo," says Pete a few time in different pitches, attempting to do his job of making the crowd noises.

8ff48219-528d-47a7-b065-d0acc7a60271_zpscb28816c.jpg

"Oh noz!" hollers the First-Day Lynch. "Look who 1s swimming with the plants nows!"

IMG_1260_zpsb427955f.jpg

The Vanilla Townie had been buried up to her his it's neck. Also, its neck had been separated from its body. All eyes turn to Candice.

IMG_1261_zpsda68332c.jpg

0bd1cd30-8045-488d-9e59-4f71d6d13a9f_zps84c50a6c.jpg

"That one was town too."

473f15c1-0a58-4e1c-ab7c-11b562f6e5c9_zpsd5f4f6ac.jpg

"Wait, if you don't need to eat us to know our affiliation, then don't you know everyone's side right now?" asks the puzzled Female Lover.

0bd1cd30-8045-488d-9e59-4f71d6d13a9f_zps84c50a6c.jpg

"Yes," says Candice. "But I'm only able to eat lynches, because of my biology, so I need to let the game play out."

0a64e956-a6cf-4525-913e-7a7af5943538_zpsf685fe39.jpg

"Oooooh!" says Pete a few times.

df926c38-7496-440e-af3d-d214fc94208d_zps3804f015.jpg

"Now, get to finding scum." says Zepher, dropping the head.

The Rules

1 Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum and the SK, while the Scum must outnumber the Town. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined below.

2 Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. The player with the most lynches will be lynched. You may only unvote once a day.

3 A game day will last for about 72 hours. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. The TWO players with the most votes at the end of the day (aka: 1st and 2nd place) will be lynched at the end of the day. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night phase will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night phase.

4 The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5 You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage, as they are all exactly the same.

6 You may not quote PMs from or to other players. This will result in a 5-vote penalty the same day, and a 5-vote penalty the next. (What can I say, I liked this rule!)

7 Do not play the game outside the day-thread and PMs. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8 If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form. You are considered dead once you are a) confirmed lynched by the host, or b) announced dead in the morning. This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the host immediately. Violation of this rule will result in instant mod-kill and probably something worse after the game.

9 You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a 2-vote penalty. This is your only warning.

10 You must post in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 10-vote penalty at the start of the next day.

11 These rules will change during the game as a game mechanic. Pay close attention. Any and all changes will be struck through, with the new rule in bold.

If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host using your role PM. All other forms of communications will be ignored.

THE DESIGN

23 Players

16 Town - 6 Scum - 1 SK

The Day

24 Hour Safe Period - 48 Hour Voting Period - 48 Hour Night Period (With a full exciting 24 hour period to submit night actions!)

Some time before the 24 Hour Mark, the Pill Cart will be rolled out. The time will be randomized each day, to be fair to timezones. The time will be chosen by Random.org. The Pills will effect that night or the following day.

The Pills

"God Pill" (Effect the following day, will not be removed from play) - 2 Uppers (Night action may be used twice) - 2 Lifesavers (Will be safe from a kill that night) - 16 Placebos (No Effect) - 2 Downers (Night action may not be performed)

-If a person holding a pill is lynched or killed, the pill is removed from play-

The Night Actions

Town and Scum have NEARLY IDENTICAL ROLES with only a few tweaks to change for their sides.

JOAT

Town: Investigator/Protector Scum: Framer (2 Shot)/Protector/Janitor (1 Shot)

Role Cop

Killer

Blocker

Inventor

Can invent a net (blocker), shield (protector), magnifying glass (investigation), or pistol (kill action). Bulletproof. Inscrutable (all investigation attempts including role cop will come up as "unsuccessful"). The inventor may either gift his invention, or create a new one, he may not do both on the same night.

Universal Back-Up

-When a scum with an action dies, the scum team may choose to drop an action and retain the one they would have lost.-

-The Pill Cart will come in the first 24 hours at different times each day, decided by Random.Org. You post IN THREAD which pill you will be taking that day. It is first come, first serve.-

Serial Killer

Bulletproof. Hard to Read (If an investigator investigates him, the result will be "unsuccessful", but a role cop will receive the result of "killer".). Killer

Role PM's

Town: Character - Town - Night Action(s)

Scum: Character - Scum - Night Action(s) - List of Fellow Scum's Names

SK: Character - SK - Night Actions

Win Conditions

Town: Kill the Scum + SK

Scum: Outnumber the Town + SK

SK: Two other players alive, with no other win conditions met.

THE CAST *NOW WITH NEW ADDITIONS!*

(Please remember, with the system being totally random, the characters have nothing to do with affiliation/NA)

df926c38-7496-440e-af3d-d214fc94208d_zps3804f015.jpgZepher/The Host (Zepher) - Your lovely and hungry host.

2ad30ee0-b706-4247-96fa-8d47e2984dc8_zps580f9d19.jpgDr. Pill - The man with the golden oar.

0a64e956-a6cf-4525-913e-7a7af5943538_zpsf685fe39.jpgOne-Armed-Pete - Makes the crowd sounds you know and love. Thinks of the children.

0bd1cd30-8045-488d-9e59-4f71d6d13a9f_zps84c50a6c.jpgCandice the Lynch Dragon - She knows when you are sleeping. She knows where you're awake.

63cc31e2-0ef8-4ba6-8f51-7662f042b6fe_zps8dc8824c.jpgThe Night Action Blacked-Out Dude (Bob) - A fiend in the evening. :wink:

a84646b1-1c9e-45ed-bf73-a6a1780f116c_zps08e10e2d.jpgThe Role Cop (KielDaMan) - Watches you while you don't sleep.

805df0ae-7274-4567-a9aa-c688fa7f0c00_zpse3290846.jpgThe Godfather (Kadabra) - Doesn't he look like a pretty normal dude? Just wearing a track suit or something. Clearly not a mob boss. :look:

3299144f-4bda-4005-8b25-d568561206bb_zps6c2b178a.jpgThe Cult Leader (Rufus) - Rather mysterious.

4cd57cbc-9b31-44a6-8186-d0711aca19ea_zps33eb08cc.jpgThe Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam) - Rather less mysterious.

edc063c3-db3b-4f34-8f40-f86989cea90d_zps91f729a9.jpgThe Serious Roleplayer (Tamamono) - By day he may be a construction worker, but in his heart, he's a pirate.

f5194e51-cc3e-4c2d-b1db-ddcbb3c5af0c_zps697e148f.jpgThe NPC (Esurient) - Not a player. Seriously, look, he's clearly not supposed to be voted for. Not a player. Maybe we should vote for him.

e4138188-46b3-4ef0-a754-4dc222577dc5_zps51cff2b0.jpgThe Doctor (Piratedave84) - Damn it, Jim, I'm not a Doctor!

b0aa63d9-bc18-4013-97c6-f34c21d5ab99_zps13ad11d0.jpgThe Jester (CallMePie) - My role never serves any purpose!

035a4f93-11bb-45d9-a68f-c41da429f376_zps58c1d1c6.jpgThe Goon (fhommess) - Grrrrr.

5d3f840e-b9bb-427e-8aa2-ec81145175df_zpsd1fef372.jpgThe Male Lover (LegoDad) - Works at a Pizza Shop! Loves his wife. Might die without her.

473f15c1-0a58-4e1c-ab7c-11b562f6e5c9_zpsd5f4f6ac.jpgThe Female Lover (Hinckley) - Works as a telemarketer. Loves her husband. Might die without him.

eaf8e7bb-cd45-4f9b-8c16-802cf1da96b8_zps61e4660c.jpgThe PGO (Purpearljellyblob) - Serving some time for accidentally shooting all of his neighbors.

182c1c60-5c7c-4c2e-b4cd-3e64a3360217_zps5b7d399b.jpgThe Witch (Waterbrick Down) - Pretty sure that everyone else is also witches.

6a424e85-3461-426c-9692-90b7f2aca1d2_zps19f144a6.jpgThe Usurper (TrumpetKing) - Only dresses like you because he admires you, not because he wants to be you!

225c5887-427d-4d61-8fb4-cdf3420f3476_zps0d77c411.jpgThe Treestump (Adam) - Has very little to say. Don't stand too closely. He may explode.

3d50e2f5-e58f-400e-92f7-20086d18260e_zps16196aeb.jpgThe Snake Charmer (Darth Potato) - Every town has a snake charmer. Didn't you know that?

cbabfd6f-3447-4031-a60b-a6848ba0a046_zps3ee6c1cd.jpgThe Talking Animal (mostlytechnic) - A staple of every normal society. Range from camels to Fabuland critters to this thing.

76ea28ed-d214-499d-a032-57fa0b2349e9_zpsead738f3.jpgThe Virgin (Clanure) - Don't f*ck with him.

8ff48219-528d-47a7-b065-d0acc7a60271_zpscb28816c.jpgFirst Day Lynch (Jamesn) - I'm neW @round h3r3!!!!!!! i hope w3 @LL get along :grin::laugh::sweet::blush: !!!!!!!

Dearly Departed

8969715f-f323-4728-8dd0-42dae1154e75_zps1d2ee5f5.jpgThe Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) - Town. Lynched Day One. Candice's first lunch.

54a29b6b-4800-4af1-b831-027ef44b7949_zpsbf411076.jpgThe Cop (def) - Town. Killed Night One. Ax to the back for being on the wrong side of the tracks.

da4eef59-d329-47ee-99d0-5997d78cd512_zps3763029d.jpgThe Vanilla Townie (Kristel) - Town. Killed Night One. Decapitated and then planted. Hopefully she'll grow into a tree some day.

Edited by Hinckley

Well... three town gone. Not an unusual start to the game, but still sad to see.

Now, I was actually in the process of writing a post when day 1 ended, so here's what I had to say then:

The Doctor (Piratedave84) - I have noticed you coming into the thread a couple of times without saying anything. I find that suspicious because this is what someone would do when one is 'flying under the radar' to prevent others from noticing. At the time of me writing this post, I have noticed that you checked into this thread and went off again.

Now, this isn't a defense of the Doc, since I have no knowledge of his allegiance, but why does reading without commenting come across as suspicious? I know I've done it today for example - was out for many hours and could occasionally read the day thread on my phone but didn't have anything to say worth the pain of posting via phone. Would you rather have people making nonsense or useless posts just to post?

It 'irks' you? Read what I said: it is the manner of the defence, not the defence itself - like he was expecting his team-mate to return. Role Cop defended SK based on their interactions, and I've commented on that. Talking Animal seems to be agreeing with me, rather than defending me; I don't especially like the way he said it, which frankly reads a little scummy, but I can't draw any conclusions from that since I know I'm town.

That. I wasn't ever meaning to defend, I was agreeing. Sorry if my wording wasn't the best....

Now that we know some affiliations, time to analyze some more of yesterday's actions. I suspect that some of the later votes on the SK were scum - note how many times the vote was tied and then someone came and voted for SK to break it. Scummy!

Time to go re-read day 1 and then I'll have more to say I'm sure...

Well, I expected the Serial Killer to turn up Town, but my option wasn't right either. Extraneous "that was a bad night" lip service.

So, I had been thinking about The Cop's behavior and thought while it could indicate he was Scum, it could also indicate he was playing more conservatively because he had a Night Action. Obviously, he wasn't Scum, so I hope he didn't have a Night Action. If he had an important one, at least we have a universal backup.

Did the vigilante stay home? That's all I'll say for the prerequisite speculation about who performed what kill.

I re-read Day 1 this morning and had some thoughts, and then def got killed, basically ruining what I was going to say about him, and would have been wrong anyway. I had never been in this situation with him before, but he definitely seemed to be turning over a new leaf, one that either the town or scum killer did not like. My lover(hinckley) didn't really trust him, but I also feel that she's town. I would like to see more from the Virgin(clanure) and the Stump(Adam) today. I know that I will be more active today as it appears it's going to be necessary now. We know the numbers of the teams, so it's 13-6 right now. It won't take many nights for this to get close fast, so we better start trusting and working together or this will be a fast game.

I might have missed it Day 1, but I noticed the Doctor(PirateDave) come to the defense of the BONAD post #52 (just as others did to other players) and didn't get called out for it. It doesn't say scum to me, but the others got beat around for it, so it should be on the radar.

Fake voting made my head hurt, I understand the purpose, but it was awfully cumbersome to go through real votes and fake votes, and the inability for anybody to get the tallies correct only made it harder. We should for sure check out the voting for who put the nail in the coffin for the Serial killer, as it is pretty much one of the few leads we have so far.

Ok, done rambling, anything else stick out to anybody from going back through Day 1?

I don't have much history with pills, but I guess that could make figuring out who killed whom harder, would it not? With all the uppers and downers and whatnot?

Fake voting made my head hurt,

If we want to continue that, I will tally the votes. It needs to all be tallied together with fake votes in blue to be effective. If you guys want to give it another shot, I'm confident I can keep it organized and clear. Let's not let confusion stop us from something that can be a very effective tool to work together. The Scum want us to be confused. I'll keep it nice and clear. Let's give it one more shot.

The hell? Two lynches? Regardless, I'm not terribly surprised about the serial killer.

Did the vigilante stay home? That's all I'll say for the prerequisite speculation about who performed what kill.

How do we know that the serial killer isn't the one who stayed home? Unless you know something we all don't.

So, we vote once but the two players with the highest votes get lynched? :wacko: This is a day for a he-said she-said. Wouldn't that be interesting? Stupid God pills.

The hell? Two lynches? Regardless, I'm not terribly surprised about the serial killer.

How do we know that the serial killer isn't the one who stayed home? Unless you know something we all don't.

That's the point, only the killers know who did what. The pills will make figuring out what happened a pain in the butt. The Serial killer could have been blocked, but Vig could have received an "upper", and made 2 kills, or conversely, the Scum's killer could have had 2 kills. There are several scenarios that could all play out and be perfectly logical at this point.

I would like to share something to the rest of the town, to keep my promise to a now-departed fellow townie. :sadnew:

The Vanilla Townie (Kristel) talked to me privately yesterday, and shared her suspicions and findings on "a couple" of people (pun intended), namely the lovers The Loverboy (LegoDad) and The Female Lover (Hinckley). Since I cannot directly quote PMs I will just give the paraphrased summary of her message:

1. She received a PM from LegoDad shortly after her post questioning his behaviour was less helpful than the previous time they played together. She thought LegoDad's PM and response in the game thread was balanced and sensible. She received another PM from LegoDad asking her on her thoughts on Hinckley (Hinckley was slinging lots of mud her way at that point, saying they were lovers but that she wasn't given any information about this). Kristel was thinking that if the lovers are just character names, then that makes sense. Otherwise, she thought it was just a blatant lie. Kristel also noted that she noticed Hinckley starting off aggressive and then changing his tune to a helpful townie, and as such she had him in her "scum list".

2. In the same PM conversation with LegoDad, Kristel mentioned that Rufus had pinged on her radar for his behavior of "suddenly coming out of the blue", making his statement and left again. 20 minutes or so after LegoDad read that PM (based on the read timestamp), Hinckley came out with this post about Rufus and the "drunk lady":

Emphasis on the bolded part. Kristel thought that given her tag (Drunk, nervous and giggling), she was thinking at that stage that she will be scum killed last night. (which turned out to be true :cry_sad: ). She did admit that she could be wrong and the Lovers could both be town and she just read way too much into Hinckley's post. Or she thought Hinckley or LegoDad could be the town vig and planned to take her out last night because they think she was scum. Either way, Kristel wanted this information to be known to town in case she die, and here I am bringing out her message to all of you. :sadnew:

Now it's up to all of you how you will read on this. I think the main point Kristel was driving at is we should take a closer look at both LegoDad and Hinckley. Personally, I noticed the two of them have rather been busy posting "lovers role-playing" along with their game-related posts. One can read it as "trying hard to be active" behavior of scum or they may be both genuinely town that are just role-playing off each other or it could be one of them is actually scum! I think the lovers certainly need to be "looked at" (if you know what I mean...).

I was at an Adam Ant concert and a drunk lady literally fell on me. What does that have to do with the game?

(Hinckley was slinging lots of mud her way at that point, saying they were lovers but that she wasn't given any information about this).

This doesn't even make sense. I had no private contact with The Vanilla Townie at all.

And for the last time, I'm always aggressive. Always.

2. In the same PM conversation with LegoDad, Kristel mentioned that Rufus had pinged on her radar for his behavior of "suddenly coming out of the blue", making his statement and left again. 20 minutes or so after LegoDad read that PM (based on the read timestamp), Hinckley came out with this post about Rufus and the "drunk lady":

Sad to say, I've had no contact with My Male Lover either. So, my thoughts were my own about The Cult Leader.

This doesn't even make sense. I had no private contact with The Vanilla Townie at all.

I believe the "mud-slinging" she was referring to was in the game thread, not privately. Kristel never mentioned to me that she was in contact with you privately.

OK, now that I've read this a couple of times, The Vanilla Townie actually thought that I would broadcast who the Scum was going to kill by hinting at it in thread before doing it? :facepalm:

I literally went to an Adam Ant concern with my boyfriend and this drunk woman was hitting on me and she fell and security took her out of there. I was playing the character of the telemarketer and rambling, but apparently some people can't tell jokes from things that should be brought into gameplay. If I was Scum and going to kill The Vanilla Townie, and hinted about who I was going to kill, I'd be the worst Scum in the history of the game. :hmpf:

I believe the "mud-slinging" she was referring to was in the game thread, not privately. Kristel never mentioned to me that she was in contact with you privately.

No, you just did. You said I was telling her we were lovers.

And I hardly call my suspicions "mud-slinging".

No, you just did. You said I was telling her we were lovers.

I was simply stating her own words. If you or anyone else is curious and would like to know the exact wording of Kristel's message, I'll be more than welcome to share them privately.

I would like to share something to the rest of the town, to keep my promise to a now-departed fellow townie. :sadnew:

The Vanilla Townie (Kristel) talked to me privately yesterday, and shared her suspicions and findings on "a couple" of people (pun intended), namely the lovers The Loverboy (LegoDad) and The Female Lover (Hinckley). Since I cannot directly quote PMs I will just give the paraphrased summary of her message:

1. She received a PM from LegoDad shortly after her post questioning his behaviour was less helpful than the previous time they played together. She thought LegoDad's PM and response in the game thread was balanced and sensible. She received another PM from LegoDad asking her on her thoughts on Hinckley (Hinckley was slinging lots of mud her way at that point, saying they were lovers but that she wasn't given any information about this). Kristel was thinking that if the lovers are just character names, then that makes sense. Otherwise, she thought it was just a blatant lie. Kristel also noted that she noticed Hinckley starting off aggressive and then changing his tune to a helpful townie, and as such she had him in her "scum list".

Emphasis on the bolded part. Kristel thought that given her tag (Drunk, nervous and giggling), she was thinking at that stage that she will be scum killed last night. (which turned out to be true :cry_sad: ). She did admit that she could be wrong and the Lovers could both be town and she just read way too much into Hinckley's post. Or she thought Hinckley or LegoDad could be the town vig and planned to take her out last night because they think she was scum. Either way, Kristel wanted this information to be known to town in case she die, and here I am bringing out her message to all of you. :sadnew:

Now it's up to all of you how you will read on this. I think the main point Kristel was driving at is we should take a closer look at both LegoDad and Hinckley. Personally, I noticed the two of them have rather been busy posting "lovers role-playing" along with their game-related posts. One can read it as "trying hard to be active" behavior of scum or they may be both genuinely town that are just role-playing off each other or it could be one of them is actually scum! I think the lovers certainly need to be "looked at" (if you know what I mean...).

This is close, but not quite right. She brought up Hinckley to me as someone that she did not trust since he had called her out in thread. I simply told her I thought that was his game and said that I believed him to be town, that is it. I have not been in any sort of contact with Hinckley, we are only linked by our character names, which honestly, we have talked about ad nauseum that we shouldn't look too much into. Hinckley and I have played along with the roles in thread, but that is it.

And in fairness to you Hinckley, I did tell Kristel that it would be "odd" and "arrogant" of you if you did broadcast your kill target (even hinting) if you were scum. Again, I was just keeping my word to relay her message.

I was simply stating her own words. If you or anyone else is curious and would like to know the exact wording of Kristel's message, I'll be more than welcome to share them privately.

Well, duh. Yes, please. Share them privately.

If voting were open right now, I'd fakevote: The Witch (WaterbrickDown) for staying so firmly in the middle of the pack and yet not bothering to vote yesterday.

I've looked at the PM from The Vanilla Townie and I think The Rolecop should re-think his aspirations to be a professional summarizer.

That's quite an assumption there.

That's the point, only the killers know who did what. The pills will make figuring out what happened a pain in the butt. The Serial killer could have been blocked, but Vig could have received an "upper", and made 2 kills, or conversely, the Scum's killer could have had 2 kills. There are several scenarios that could all play out and be perfectly logical at this point.

Judging by the different MOs, I would imagine they were different killers, though we can't assume anything about who killed whom at this stage. Not that it should necessarily stop speculation.

Cop: Mostly likely a scum kill, but could also be a vigilante kill - he was quieter than usual earlier in the day, but looked quite town to me towards the end despite the best efforts of others to paint him as scum. The MO suggests a scum kill to me.

Vanilla: Quite vocal in thread yesterday; therefore perhaps an unusual choice for a scum or SK kill, though perhaps with the absence of trackers and watchers the perpetrator felt safe. She didn't strike me as especially scummy so I think it would be an unusual choice for a vigilante kill.

My lover(hinckley) didn't really trust him, but I also feel that she's town.

Why?

If we want to continue that, I will tally the votes. It needs to all be tallied together with fake votes in blue to be effective. If you guys want to give it another shot, I'm confident I can keep it organized and clear. Let's not let confusion stop us from something that can be a very effective tool to work together. The Scum want us to be confused. I'll keep it nice and clear. Let's give it one more shot.

I'll start.

Fakevote: Female Lover (Hinckley)

Here's why: he's displaying a characteristic tactic of trying to look like a leader whilst not taking any responsibility. This whole fakevote thing plays right into his hands: should any consensus actually be reached, he can tally the votes and call for us all to vote for someone whilst taking absolutely no blame when it all goes wrong.

Yesterday, he fake-voted me for accusing his Potato team-mate. But if you look at what he said, he was very careful to say I could be right, just in case the Snakey lynch carried. Notice also his vote for the Cop late in the day, after having taken pains to avoid a 'head-to-head' with def (which we would normally have expected). His vote for the cop came at a stage in the voting when there were only two votes for Serial Kovacs, and one for several other players. This had the effect of spreading the lynch choices even further, whilst avoiding possibly sparking a bandwagon on another player - whoever did break the voting deadlock would be sure to be under scrutiny if the lynchee showed up Town.

Then there's this:

So, we vote once but the two players with the highest votes get lynched? :wacko: This is a day for a he-said she-said. Wouldn't that be interesting? Stupid God pills.

I guess then we should assume that this is how the God Pill works. The two-lynch rule change is clearly a scum move; scum had the pill yesterday, and Hinckley knew this, because he's scum.

At this rate, we'll be in trouble if we don't lynch scum today, and let's try to get two on the bandwagon so that their own rule change can backfire on them. I'd suggest Hinckley and his scum lover.

I guess then we should assume that this is how the God Pill works. The two-lynch rule change is clearly a scum move; scum had the pill yesterday, and Hinckley knew this, because he's scum.

At this rate, we'll be in trouble if we don't lynch scum today, and let's try to get two on the bandwagon so that their own rule change can backfire on them. I'd suggest Hinckley and his scum lover.

This is perhaps the worst faulty logic I've ever seen in my history of playing Mafia games. A God pill, should you bother to look it up, works like this: A player is given a list of rules with code names. They pick a code name. They don't know what rule it is. And you think LEGODad is Scum too and that we're actually the Lover role? And how would two lynches benefit the Scum? Were you all planning on lynching Townies today?

Here's why: he's displaying a characteristic tactic of trying to look like a leader whilst not taking any responsibility.

What am I not taking responsibility for? This makes no sense.

This whole fakevote thing plays right into his hands: should any consensus actually be reached, he can tally the votes and call for us all to vote for someone whilst taking absolutely no blame when it all goes wrong.

What? :look: I think jamesn, although well-intentioned, got it wrong by trying to keep separate tallies. Everyone's crying about it being confusing, I'm offering to do it right since it was my idea.

Yesterday, he fake-voted me for accusing his Potato team-mate. But if you look at what he said, he was very careful to say I could be right, just in case the Snakey lynch carried. Notice also his vote for the Cop late in the day, after having taken pains to avoid a 'head-to-head' with def (which we would normally have expected). His vote for the cop came at a stage in the voting when there were only two votes for Serial Kovacs, and one for several other players. This had the effect of spreading the lynch choices even further, whilst avoiding possibly sparking a bandwagon on another player - whoever did break the voting deadlock would be sure to be under scrutiny if the lynchee showed up Town.

I was careful to say you could be right, because...wait for it...you could be right. And to be quite honest, I've been trying to vote later, especially in early days because I've been told my vote carries more weight and I don't want to responsible for starting bandwagons, just based on my suspicions. I often feel like I suspect everyone on Day One, and that the responsibility of being seen as a leader in EB Mafia games should be taken seriously. And I thought The Cop was a good vote. And I wasn't very confident in a vote for The Snake Charmer or The Serial Killer. So I voted the way I voted because that's where I felt my vote best placed.

I know that sounds arrogant, but that's what I've learned through feedback from other players over the course of time.

In other news, someone has contacted me claiming to be the vigilante.

Wait a minute...why is anyone claiming to me when there's so much suspicion revolving around me!? :facepalm: People with info, be careful. Have you all learned nothing from the past few games? Loose lips sink ships and although this ship is only half a ship with a castle wall and a hospital corridor attached and it's sitting in an off-white garden, it can still sink.

Well, this went quiet quickly. I said I'd keep up with the vote tally, so here goes:

The Witch (Waterbrick Down): 1 vote (Hinckley)

The Female Lover (Hinckley): 1 vote (Rufus)

Hum dee dum...

"Soon, everything the sun touches will be yours," says another voice, and then suddenly the Cop has a ax-scythe in his back.

Farbeit from my to look for clues in pictures, but is this a Lion King reference?

Why?

Well, I guess I'm guilty of metagaming him, because he seems to me to be playing the same game as he has in the past when he was town. That's all I have to go on with Hinckley now because I have had zero contact with him. It's a gut feel, nothing more than that. To my knowledge, we have no connection outside of having similar role names, so connecting us as co-conspirators makes you just like the guys on Day 1 where members were in a frenzy wondering if the "serial killer" was the actual serial killer, and so on and so forth.

This is perhaps the worst faulty logic I've ever seen in my history of playing Mafia games. A God pill, should you bother to look it up, works like this: A player is given a list of rules with code names. They pick a code name. They don't know what rule it is. [...] And how would two lynches benefit the Scum? Were you all planning on lynching Townies today?

Firstly, look it up where? Secondly, how do you know this is how it works in this game, if you haven't seen the effect? Thirdly, what would be the point of someone picking a rule change randomly anyway? At this stage in the game, townies still outnumber scum by more than two to one. With 2 lynches, the balance of probability favours lynching at least one townie today, even if we successfully catch a scum. It only benefits the scum.

And you think LEGODad is Scum too and that we're actually the Lover role?

I think he may well be scum too, judging by how helpful he wasn't yesterday and his vote yesterday which leveled the tally. It's irrelevant whether or not you are actually lovers, but those are your character roles which is why I said that.

What am I not taking responsibility for? This makes no sense.

See below:

And to be quite honest, I've been trying to vote later, especially in early days because I've been told my vote carries more weight and I don't want to responsible for starting bandwagons, just based on my suspicions. I often feel like I suspect everyone on Day One, and that the responsibility of being seen as a leader in EB Mafia games should be taken seriously. And I thought The Cop was a good vote. And I wasn't very confident in a vote for The Snake Charmer or The Serial Killer. So I voted the way I voted because that's where I felt my vote best placed.

This is exactly my point. Your Town vote does carry more weight, and if you were truly town you would use that to Town's advantage. It has been stunningly successful in the past; just ask the Werewolf. Maybe there was nothing concrete yesterday, but if you were townie and believed that lynching Walter was a bad idea, why on earth didn't you say so? Because you were happy for him to be lynched, since you knew he was town. Instead, you go off on a tangent at a late hour knowing that you wouldn't have any share in the responsibility for lynching Walter.

Maybe there was nothing concrete yesterday, but if you were townie and believed that lynching Walter was a bad idea, why on earth didn't you say so? Because you were happy for him to be lynched, since you knew he was town. Instead, you go off on a tangent at a late hour knowing that you wouldn't have any share in the responsibility for lynching Walter.

There was nothing concrete with The Serial Killer. Do I need to say I think there's a bad lynch before I know who is going to be lynched? The votes came in for The Serial Killer at the end of the Day. My time was constrained at the end of the day yesterday and I believe The Cop when he falsely stated there was no more voting allowed. You untied the votes, didn't you? With the lack of tallies it's hard to see where the votes were. Perhaps we should look at that. By the time I realized voting was still open, what exactly did you expect me to do to reverse what I thought was a bad lynch with only a couple hours left? You want me to lead like I've done in the past, but with limited knowledge, it's simply irresponsible.

And voting for The Cop wasn't a tangent. I stand behind my reasons for thinking he was Scum. I was happy with my vote and very glad I didn't vote for The Serial Killer because I thought it was a pretty shitty thing to do with someone who hadn't logged in and hadn't defended themselves against empty accusations. And I voted for another Townie. Do you think I accused him and then conspicuously killed him? If I were Scum, I would imagine I'd keep The Cop alive as there seemed to be some possibility of him as a lynch candidate. And yes, I accused The Vanilla Townie as well. They're all dead now and we see they're all Town, so boo for my first Day instincts. You wanted me to lead with that? Scum killed one of those players and I don't think it likely that I, if I were Scum, would kill someone I accused during the day.

I accused you as well.

Yes, the Dreaming God. Not a 'God Pill'. Why would you assume they are the same?

So, it's an assumption. Shoot men. :ugh:

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe. Over-analyze and jump on that for a second. Sheesh. :hmpf:

Just shoot any man. I meant "shoot me".

Oh, and while we're at it, The Cult Leader, your first suspect, The Snake Charmer softly defended The Cop to me, by PM. So, it still may be a pretty solid analysis.

Oh Christ, no the Snake Charmer did not defend The Cop to me. I mixed him up with The Jester, naturally. I am not speaking with The Snake Charmer in private. :blush:

36 votes posted yesterday, fake or real:

Funny story, I was just thinking about voting. I'm voting for the NPC, but if he can clarify his suspicions, then I will unvote him.

Vote: The NPC (Esurient)

Thanks for posting that clearer - I was going to do it for you after seeing the original jumble, but you beat me to it.

Thje NPC is definitely weird, but heck, he's been given an alien creature to be. To me, most of the behavior can be explained away by roleplaying, but on the other hand, he (it? Do alien NPCs have gender-determining parts?) isn't really contributing.

Nope.

As for me, I think the worst thing I've seen yet in day 1 is the SK's logical wrongness. So I'm going to

Vote: The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs)

for now at least...

I was speaking for the Snake Charmer because

A.) I didn't see whether the Snake Charmer was awake or not.

B.) I was explaining to Talking Animal that those "fingers" were snakes, due to section A. I also felt the need to point out that his logic was off by clarifying the snake situation.

Do know that I considered that he was joking, so it maybe wasn't necessary, but I felt like I should have brought up the logic used, when I wasn't sure if it was a joke o not.

You did provide an explanation, and I do think you had some reason behind it, so I will

Unvote: The NPC (Esurient)

I have little to go on, but we do seem to have a handful of of players that are a bit off, shall we say. Having said that, I will vote for the ultimate non-contributor.

Vote: The Tree Stump ( Adam )

I'm going to Vote: The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs). I hope he does come back soon to respond to the unrest over his dodgy logic.

First day accusations seldom come from Scum. Are you saying they would?

And I even made it a point to read the rules carefully and missed that. That's unfortunate. I used to use that rule and no longer do because the Cop told me it didn't help the Town and I agree. So, here's my proposal. Let's use fake voting.

For example, I fake vote: Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs because he's just been weird with his logic talk. We can keep our own tally and once we are all agreed, place votes during the final 12 hours or whenever people are set with their votes. Silly rules cause for proactive players. :blush: Sorry, Werewolf. It's silly.

These are two really good points and The Goon and The Usurper would fall into the other safe place for Scum: Middle-of-the-road. I'd add The Witch there too.

This is a really good point. One, because I also noticed this behavior from The Cop and two, because I actually decided not to mention it because of our past. I like healing wounds between The Cop and I and don't want to ruffle feathers. So, I tucked that suspicion to the back of my brain. That might not appear to be helpful, but if it ended up that me and him went back and forth at each other (which I hope we wouldn't do anymore either way) then the Scum would really have something to cause distraction and it could potentially really hurt the Town.

It is not my job to read the thread for you. I already read it over thoroughly to find these points. If you can't find the one question someone asked you, that's on you.

I'll fake unvote: The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) and fake vote: The Cult Leader (Rufus) because I'm more worried about his lack of activity than I am The Cop's joking attitude, my gut feeling about The Vanilla Townie and the super-off logic of The Serial Killer...although those are my other loud pings at the moment.

Maybe fake votes should be done like this fake vote: The Cult Leader (Rufus) so they are easier to catch since we'd be keeping our own tally.

Wow, face palm. Cursed Pill it is. I honestly can't believe that some people have tossed votes on people for D1 weirdness already. Last game I did that in I got two townies lynched, I'd like to think I won't repeat that mistake again. With only one Unvote available, we should be far more cautious with where we place our votes. I think Hinckley's idea (I'd like to think it was based on my FoSs in Jedi Temple, but we all know it's a fairly common idea :sad::tongue: ) is probably the best, so I'll Fake Vote: The Usurper (TrumpetKing) for being the first to jump on someone with a confusing train of thought (common on D1) and then immediately wasting his Unvote.

Well, I don't know who to necessarily "fake vote" or whatnot.

Here goes: fakevote: The Virgin (Clanure), because he's a bit odd and sticks out to me for some reason. I can't put my finger on it yet. Call it a "Day One Pokey-Feeler".

I said I'd be rereading the topic a few times, but as I said, I can't find anything else that's necessarily out of the ordinary that's not Day One banter.

That's a great idea, Hinckley. Sorry if I'm in the "Middle-of-the-pack", I thought I was being mire helpful than some.

Kadabra, I may have wasted my vote, and jumped on somebody who was acting confusing, but it was brought up that they were joking, and I forgave them. If I were serious about him, I would have voted for him. However, SK is confusing me very much, and I want to hear from him.

Fake vote: Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs)

It is definitely true that the SK's logic is way off. Every one of us should know that names and roles are randomized, so if he wasn't joking it would be a very odd thing to say. Have we gotten a response from him yet? I don't believe we have, so I'd like t hear his defense before dropping a fake vote on him. Anyway, Un Fake Vote: The Usurper (TrumpetKing)

Now this is a day one defence. No-one should be defending another so openly at this stage unless they have knowledge of their alignment. I seem to recall someone else's (Usurper's) soft defence of the Snake Charmer ealier in the day.

I believe this is evidence enough for the Snake Charmer being a scum. Either Serial Killer is a fellow scum, or Snakey knows he is town so can say 'I told you so' if he's lynched.

I see no need for fake voting here. There's stuff to learn from this lynch.

Vote: DarthPotato (Snake Charmer)

I found it, Female Lover! :grin:

I was implying that his snakes were, in fact, flipping us all off. :thumbup:

Bad + forced post. His apology reads weird, but it could easily be low confidence at work; it can't very well be read as one affiliation or another without taking everything else into account. However, the real ping here is his second statement; he quickly defends himself (and for something that was fairly obviously not much of a scumtell, at that), and then jumps on possibly the most prosecuted person here.

What's worse is that I don't really see this in your character, Usurper. You're still learning the ropes to an extent, yes, but I see you as a fairly strong player. You have a fairly - I'm not sure how to describe it - towngame. Not aggressive, but it's proactive in a really townie way. You're being fairly proactive here too, but you seem more... reserved, I suppose.

I don't like it, honestly.

Fake Vote: Usurper (Trumpetking)

I'm going to go back and analyze all of Usurper's posts thus far; I feel like it'll help my thought process in relation to his innocence/guilt.

I have to admit, I actually like this train of thought. I'd be cool with a Snake Charmer lynch too.

While I understand wanting to hear his thoughts first (I, too, usually ask for an explanation before placing a vote), your manner here suggests exactly what Cult Leader said.

If you believe he's Scum them why not vote for him? Do you know he's Town so you can 'I told you so' us tomorrow? fake Vote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam). At this point, when there is literally nothing solid to go on, there shouldn't be any "I won't vote for him yet"s. do you expect him to produce any evidence? No NAs, the only thing that could produce actual evidence, have come in yet. The only thing we can go on is behavior, so if you find Snake Charmer's suspicious, you should vote him. Actually, I'll take my own advice. Vote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam) for wishy-washyness.

I'll tally up the fake votes for now:

The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs): 1 (The Female Lover (Hinckley))

The Usurper (Trumpetking): 3 (The Snake Charmer (DarthPotato), The Godfather (Kadabra), The Serious Roleplayer (Tamamono))

The Virgin (Clanure): 1 (Blacked-Out NA Guy (Bob))

And real votes:

The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs): 2 (The Talking Animal (mostlytechnic), The First Day Lynch (jamesn))

The Tree Stump (Adam): 1 (The Male Lover (LegoDad))

The Snake Charmer (DarthPotato): 1 (The Cult Leader (Rufus))

The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam): 1 (The Godfather (Kadabra))

So we have a lynch subject favoured by a minority (3 of 23). We should get more people fakevoting so we can have consensus when the lynch comes around. Stand up and have your fakevotes counted, people!

Considering the events of the past few hours, I think The Serial Killer's faux pas is more forgivable than others'. I think I will fakevote: The Usurper (Trumpetking) because he's talking too much to say very little about what he's been doing on Day One, of all times. He strikes me as paranoid and worried that every little thing he does looks like a scumtell.

Sorry I messed up the tally on Fake Votes. Here goes:

The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs): 2 (The Female Lover (Hinckley), The Usurper (Trumpetking))

The Usurper (Trumpetking): 3 (The Snake Charmer (DarthPotato), The Serious Roleplayer (Tamamono), The First Day Lynch (jamesn))

The Virgin (Clanure): 1 (Blacked-Out NA Guy (Bob))

To clarify what I said to The Usurper: I think you're posting lots of times about saying the Snake Charmer has snakes in his hands as if you are worried about something. You (and The Serious Roleplayer) are making a big deal over Day One silly banter and its after-effects. The Serious Roleplayer is hounding you for almost nothing, and you are submitting.

You don't have to answer every question, especially if some are silly (e.g. "Why did you say the Snake Charmer has snakes, instead of the Snake Charmer saying so?"). If an accusation like that is stupid, it should just slide off without you doing anything. What it looks like to me is that you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole that wasn't there to begin with, but is forming around you now.

But now I think a little more, I find The Serious Roleplayer suspicious for coming out with such a detailed and extensive analysis of your posts and going after you for the Page One chatting.

Unfakevote The Usurper (Trumpetking)

Fakevote The Serious Roleplayer (Tamamono)

Alright, thanks for clarifying a few of those things. When it comes down to the justification, it's a matter of playstyle. The voting thing I can definitely believe; not too happy with the fact that you're throwing out those votes, but I can understand and believe it.

Meh. There's really no arguing this point either way. However it appeared to you is your deal.

Alright. Makes sense.

Unfakevote: Usurper (Trumpetking)

Still not happy with his general demeanor, but I could be getting tunnel vision. In any case, he's made clear in a fairly good defense his reasons for doing what he did, so there's really no reason to lynch him today just based on a feeling.

I hounded him for (what I believe to be) suspicious behavior. There's nothing more to it.

Did you read my analysis of Usurper, or are you just pulling this out of your megablocks? I have no problem with the page one banter he's engaged in. I don't have a problem with his "defense" of Snake Charmer, either, as I thought I'd made clear. What I do/did have a problem with, however, is his overjustification of said "defense".

I wanted an answer from both.

As soon as I said something about the Snake Charmer and why he was fishy. The Usurper pretty much started gunning for me and starts to ask whether the Snake Charmer or I was a better lynch target. Aggressively saying I'm one of the scummiest right now. :sceptic: when you're trying to get the fire on me.

I was gonna vote for Snake Charmer but now I'll Vote: The Usurper (TrumpetKing)

I would like to suggest that the pill list be updated by the players as it goes along, or that the host links the names to the pills... It's a nuisance for ordinary players defs to track it.

If any of you at home are inclined to follow the pill list (which will help in the scum tracking in later days), copy this into a spreadsheet.

1) Hunter’s Pill Clanure

2) Light saber Pill Tammo

3) Big Red Science Pill Rufus

4) Infectious Pill Pie

5) Magical Pill DarthPotato

6) Cursed Pill Kadabra

7) Alto Pill fhomess

8) Pill of Valhalla Hinck

9) Riot Pill Pirate Dave

10) Pill of Insanity def

11) Mystery Pill adam

12) Mystical Pill trumpet

13) Bobblyhead Pill jamesn

14) Heart Medication Kovacs

15) Old Fashion Pill Fred Yam

16) Pill of Paradise Kristel

17) Rum Kiel

18) A Pearl Bob

19) Deep Space Pill LegoDad

20) The Royalty Pill PurpearJelly

21) Fairy Tale Pill Waterbrick

22) Pill from the Dickhead Galaxy Technic

23) Pill from the ZubZub System esurient

In the meantime, I have no opinion on the potential lynchees. None at all.

Vote: The Host (zepher)

I really want to know what happens if he's lynched. He's a player, and it's not forbidden in the rules. He's daring us to lynch the werewolf day one. For some reason, it seems entirely appropriate.

I'm really not sure how this is helpful toward the town. Do you think the host is a player in the sense that he's possibly scum?

As for me, I'm inclined to agree that the Cult Leader's hasty vote for the day 1 defense struck me as out of place, so for my part I will cast the finger in his direction as well. The confidence with which he expressed that we would learn something from a day 1 lynch was also part of his reasoning that didn't seem all that certain. There usually is less we can learn from a day 1 lynch than any other lynch since that player has contributed less to the game. Perhaps he was hoping to spur on voting so townies would use their vote quickly rather than in the calculated manner that the single unvote rule requires.

Fake Vote: Cult Leader (Rufus)

Boo yourself, Telemarketing Lover. :tongue: I had a ten minute window of opportunity last night, so I placed my vote on the thing I found most suspicious. Was it right to be so decisive? Who knows. What I do know is that the fake voting seems to be causing more confusion than conclusion. We may have only one unvote, but it's still an unvote. At this rate we're going to end up with someone lynched on 2 votes.

At this point, no townie has any way of knowing another's affiliation. If Potato Charmer had said, 'I don't agree with the logic of this lynch because ...' then that would be fair enough, but that's not what he said:

I read this as, 'I know he's going to be away for a bit but he's told us he'll be back later,' as a scum team would know. Would a scum be so obvious? I have no past experience of Snakey Potato, but this is the kind of mistake an inexperienced scum might make.

Out of place how? Day one is about throwing mud around and seeing what sticks, if anything. Potato's comment remains the scummiest thing I've seen. This isn't the first game with a single unvote rule; why are we pussy-footing around?

It was an honest mistake. As I said, I only had a limited time in which to post.

Vote: Snake Charmer (DarthPotato)

There is another thing which caused me a raised eyebrow: RoleCopDaMan was informed by another player about the one-unvote rule. A little early for backstage whisperings? Why didn't this mysterious other mention it publicly themselves?

While Serial Killer's original comment does not seem too bad to me, I too find it odd that he hasn't been back to defend himself. That and Snakey's comment leads me to believe we may be on to something. It's the best lead I've seen so far, and that's why I'm doing something about it.

We have 12 hours remaining and it seems we have yet to reach a conclusive majority decision... :sceptic:

Worse, one of the main lynch candidates, the Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs), has yet to answer the accusations against him, which many of us are waiting for, including me even if I don't actually suspect him. This is quite an unusual behavior from him, so I hope everything is fine with him outside this predicament we're in. :sadnew:

In the interest of moving things forward, I'd share with you what I know of the SK. I didn't want to do this, but with time running out awaiting for an explanation from the SK, I'll just share it for the rest so you may make an informed decision. I have been in contact with the SK, with him initiating our private conversation. Here is how our conversation went, along with his relevant in-game posts (note that I paraphrased the original messages so I wouldn't break the "no direct quoting of PMs rule")

May 24, 5:40AM - Start of Day 1

May 24, 10:58PM - SK takes his pill.

May 24, 11:05PM - SK makes his logically-flawed role-playing post regarding the BONAD (Post #49)

May 24, 11:26PM - SK "amends" his logically-flawed role-playing post regarding the BONAD (Post #54)

May 25, 12:04AM - SK PMs The Role Cop (me). SK: Hi RoleCop! You seem to be Town based on your posts. Got any ideas how could we make people talk? It seems to be awfully quiet and it's not a good sign. I've been trying to make nonsensical posts hoping to elicit reactions, but not helping much though.

May 25, 2:19AM PM to KDM, SK: We need to find a way to draw out the scum. I plan to pounce on little mistakes made by others, and see if anyone flails. Hope it bears fruit.

May 25, 4:36AM: PM to KDM, SK: I read the rules carefully and it seems we have only one unvote...

May 25, 5:00AM. SK makes a post regarding random voting and questioning the jester (Post #81)

May 25, 8:24AM, The Vanilla Townie (Kristel) makes his accusations on several players, including the SK.

May 25, 12:01PM: The Talking Animal (mostlytechnic) finds the SK's talk scummy. (Post #105)

May 25, 5:47PM: The Female Lover (Hinckley) agrees with the Kristel's suspicion on the SK. (Post #107)

May 26, 12:00AM Last time time the SK was active as stated in his profile page room.

May 26, 1:15AM, The First Day Lynch (jamesn) agrees with Hinckley and Kristel about the SK

May 26, 1:28AM: The Talking animal votes for the SK...

... and so on and so forth...

---

So take these bits of info as you want. While I don't completely trust the SK, I still don't find his posts as work of a scum. For him to be active at the start and then suddenly be inactive and even not defend himself against the accusations on him is really unusual for him.

As for the matter of voting, I admit I'm having trouble picking someone for a good reason. Someone who pinged on me today was The PGO (Purpearljellyblob), who suddenly made a "summarizing post" (Post #143) after posting only twice prior. This type of "summarizing post" is usually a good technique to make one's self look active and be in the middle-of-the-pack (not too active nor silent). I find the way it was written to be 'safe' and 'forced', compared to other players' posts which register to me as bumbling 'inexperienced' posts but genuine (like TrumpetKing, Fred Daniel Yam). I know this isn't much to go with, but after some process of elimination on my personal list I will:

Vote: The PGO (Purpearljellyblob)

Since I will not be present during the last 10 hours or so of the day this will be my final vote.

I reread the thread and found you didn't fakevote for anyone... sorry. How about we ignore my fakevote tallies because I obviously can't count, and someone else can start from scratch with another one?

While we're in this pile of indecision (SK, please come back!) I might as well:

Unvote: The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs)

I had overlooked that RoleCopDaMan had said that he heard it from another player. That would incline me to think that the player who he heard it from was trying to curry favor with a townie without helping the whole town. An appearance of being helpful but being helpful in as limited a way as possible. It was clear from the early votes that many of us (and I include myself in this group) had overlooked the single unvote rule. Given that we've now heard that this was the Serial Killer who was already suspicious for the earlier attempt at logic, I'm feeling strongly enough that he's worth a vote.

Vote: Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs)

As for the earlier comment about pussy-footing about with the votes, the behavior has been a bit reluctant to cast votes today which isn't entirely consistent with past behavior in games like Jedi Temple. However, the method there was the finger of suspicion formatted like a regular vote but using "FoS" instead of "Vote". If we can all agree to commit to a unified format, we can take advantage of the process. Personally, I think the single unvote rule is annoying because it encourages us to do these shenanigans to avoid wasting early votes, and that's an anti-town rule, IMO. Votes are generally a bit more powerful than FoS's in terms of getting people to respond. Maybe this is one of the rules that will change in future days.

My vote priorities for Day 1:

The Doctor (Piratedave84) - I have noticed you coming into the thread a couple of times without saying anything. I find that suspicious because this is what someone would do when one is 'flying under the radar' to prevent others from noticing. At the time of me writing this post, I have noticed that you checked into this thread and went off again.

The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) - Hasn't appeared to address accusations.

Between The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) and The Doctor (Piratedave84), I find The Doctor (Piratedave84)'s activity more suspicious. For that I will:

Vote: The Doctor (Piratedave84)

vote: The Cop (def)

I understand turning over a new leaf and I respect it. But your usual analysis and leadership is missing. What we have instead is the seemingly helpful compiling if who took what pill which anyone can do. Putting together information regarding the game's mechanics that we all have access to seems more like an attempt to appear active and helpful while leaving out any player behavior analysis. Difference in style I appreciate but I'm more worried about the change in your tactics.

Despite the points that the Cult Leader brought up, I'm still sort of seeing Cultist as acting weird, possibly protecting a scummy buddy. Not only that, but he didn't bother to defend himself. At least Snake Charmer did provide a defense. I personally think we should be seeing a Cultist lynch today. This is my final vote, and one that I am pretty confident in, or at least more than a Serial Killer lynch.

Vote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

You're voting Usurper for saying you're scum?? :sceptic:

I don't particularly townread Usurper (and I think he should be checked out sometime soon-ish), but aggressiveness is generally a towntell.

I totally could have, that's true. I said it so long-windedly because I was pretty much "thinking out loud", if you will. I got my reads and opinions as I was reading the posts and typing up my own.

After rereading, I honestly don't want a Serial Killer lynch - at least not today. Snake Charmer, too, has been getting more and more sincere in his responses as time's gone on. The lynch I'm most comfortable with at this point is Cultist, honestly.

I'm going to

Vote: Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

Out of everyone currently being voted for (and not being voted for, even), Cultist is the most forced. Usurper has been more and more town as time's gone on, as has Snake Charmer (as I mentioned before).

PGO/Virgin/First Day Lynch aren't exactly screaming town either, but they're playing similarly to how they played in past lives, which makes me want to give them the benefit of the doubt (PGO in particular). I like the Cop lynch, but I've seen him take a fairly passive route as town on at least one occasion as well, so I'm a little wary of voting for him for now.

Totally agree with this. I've found the fake voting more confusing than helpful.

I explained why I thought this was interesting, as per the bold bit below.

Why fill up a page when it could have been said in a few sentences? This might be a personal preference of mine, but its nevertheless the reason why this interaction caught my eye.

I think the timing tells a lot. At the time of the defence, The Serial Killer had already more than a day to respond. If the defence had come earlier, then I think it could be interpreted as someone asking us to be rational.

I've only played one game with him before as well, but the difference between this one and the last is extreme. The Male Lover (Hinckley) also made a good point about The Cop (def) not really contributing much. The Cop has stated the obvious by pointing out we should be keeping track of the pills. He's provided no suspicions and voted for the host. He appears to be trying to be helpful, but he's not really contributing at all.

I don't think I'll get a chance to post again before the end of the day, so I will:

He's not the only one on my list of suspects, but he's at the top at the moment for not coming back to address the accusations and for his PM to KielDaMan. He could have easily pointed out in the thread about the one unvote rule.

Hi! Sorry I was absent! RL was a bitch this weekend!!

I have no idea whom to vote for today; I find the 'accusations'/allegations made against the SK to be weak-ish although I tend to agree with the assertions made by the cult leader; maybe something for later days but IMO it's not a good day 1 lynch.

As for the individuals who posted analysis; there is/was very little to go on to post such analysis. I have a hard time not perceiving this as scummy, why post an 'analysis' that analyses the first 50 posts of the day? Unless it's way to appear helpful!

@NPC: Since I also saw you come in and leave without posting, I should vote for you correct!?

A for my vote, I feel my best bet is to metagame my vote. The person that struck me as behaving differently than usual is the Cop(Def).

vote : The Cop (Def)

The PM to KielDaMan adds to the suspicions against the SK in my eyes. Add the fact that they haven't bothered to defend themselves and I'm left to:

I'm not really comfortable with it, but it's the best I've got so far. I may not be around for the rest of the day, so I need to get my vote in.

Since I don't want a no-lynch today, and nobody else seems to be worrying about the Stump, I will:

Unvote: The Tree Stump (Adam)

Vote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

I make it there are about two and a half hours to go, and the votes are still tied.

Maybe the Werewolf is joking, but do you want to take that chance? I'm tired of saying this, but lynching is our best weapon. We should use it.

So any decision?

And yet you level the votes? :sceptic:

I have no particular opinion on the Cultist - he could be scum, he could be pussy-footing townie. Cop is behaving oddly for him, though he explained himself. If it's a ploy, it was very neatly done. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. On balance, I'm inclined to agree with Vanilla on this, and I sense a lot of resistance to lynching Serial Killer.

Unvote: Snake Charmer (DarthPotato)

Vote: Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs)

I think voting is still open... could The Cop please explain what he meant by that?

Anyway, I'm going to Vote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam) for wishy-washiness and placing an OMGUS vote against The Usurper (I'm not defending The Usurper, but please). I'll probably be away for the rest of today, so this is the First Day Lynch signing out.

@The Role Cop (Kieldaman):

You said "Here is how our conversation went", but seems like we are missing your part of the conversation...

To clarify a few points:

1. You said I "will consider voting the SK after he hears the defense", which is entirely different from what I had said, "I will consider voting for if I am not convinced with his response". There is a large difference between "after I hear the defense" and "if I am not convinced with his response". Hearing is passive, Convincing is active.

2. And my post is not just a "summarising post", I added my opinion on their behaviour as well, that is why it is a commentary, not a summary. As for the "middle-of-the-pack", my question to you is, "How do you know?" when you said later on that "this isn't much to go with?". You vote on me seemed hasty and over generalised.

3. Having said that, I am placing my vote for The Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) because he has not appeared after sending that pm to you, The Role Cop (Kieldaman). He has been given ample time to check in and to respond.

He hasn't been back in awhile to explain things, and I don't particularly like his feel.

Sorry everyone, the rest of the family showed up unexpectedly for a mass suicide. Then we realized that probably wouldn't count as a win and just went out to dinner. :look:

I'll vote: The Usurper (Trumpetking). The case on him seems to have disappeared for some reason, and he's been pushing me pretty repeatedly to get my vote in on time, which, while a nice gesture, doesn't exactly sound townie. Seems more like he's trying to get on my good side or look helpful, both of which are good things to do when under suspicion for only acting helpful. Sorry if it sounds like I'm stabbing you in the back, but I've taken the earlier arguments against you into mind as well. Hollow usefulness is completely pointless. Quit trying to look so townie and do something townie, or at least do nothing to avoid looking like you're trying too hard. :sceptic:

I'm going to compile and analyse later when I get the chance. I'm specifically interested to see where the ties were and when they were broken and by who. I do notice The Cult Leader moved the lynch away from The Cultist near the end of the day. Interesting that he was convinced of The Snake Charmer's guilt for so long.

In addition to what I've already said to The Cultist's accusations, I never mentioned The Serial Killer as someone I suspected. I mentioned several others but never him. I may not have come right out and said "I think this is a bad lynch" but I never added to the "case" against him. And it was possible he was Scum. If I'm going to be careful with my "influence" of being an experienced Mafia player, shouldn't I be just as careful leading people towards a lynch as away from it?