Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #71: A Secret Under Eubric

-The following forum is for chosen members who have signed up and have been chosen for the quest. If you'd like to join the game, head over to the Discussion and Rules Forum to find out how!-

heroicaquest71.jpg

black_knight.jpg Alexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 21 1/3 Black Knight, 20 year old elf male *Immune to Stunned*

Power: 31

Defense: 14

Health: 39/39

Gold: 5

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 10 ;ignores SP, +1 gold per successful strike), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10), , Dapper Hat (Headwear, wearer has a 1/6 chance of becoming encouraged at the start of each battle), Black Knight Armor (SP:4, protects from Stunned effect.)

Inventory: Potions (6), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Feather Duster of DOOM (WP: 1) Deadly Venom x2, Tome of The Regret, Volatile Venom x5, Mead, Nostrum 2x, Smelling Salts x2, Grand Potion

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 23,2/3

Power: 31 (23+8+4)

Health: 40/40 (23+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (5+1)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed* *Stunned* ), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 1726 (1726(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment:

Weapon - Sword of Decay (WP:8) - (once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.)

Shield - None

Artefact 1 (L1-9) - Heavy Armour - SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights

Artefact 2 (L10-19) - Bravado Boots - 1/6 chance of being Lucky at the beginning of every battle

Artefact 3 (L20-29) - Sticky Gloves - Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors.

Artefact 4 (L30-39) -

Artefact 5 (L40-49) -

Artefact 6 (L50+) -

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Hide of The Bleeding - restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone, Scarlet Hood - +4 to power, immunity to stunned

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages), Gladius (WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (4), Venom (2), Remedy (1), Mead (6), Smelling Salts (12), Nostrum (12), Trial Brew (1),

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1), Topaz (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (1), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: Blue Rose

rsz_1elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 22.66 Druid *Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 32

Defense: 6

Health: 35/35

Ether: 21/21

Gold: 26

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 Permanently Deadly envenomed), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz, Opal, Aquamarine Venom x4, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Fireworks, Remedy, Dualis Scepters (WP: 8, Club/Staff, Dual-striking), mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear), Grand tonic (x5)

8703602300_94313b089c.jpg

The party members slowly trickles in, and finds themselves behind the Beyland Enterprises building. The seedy alley has a few barrels and empty crates lying about, but nothing of interest except a single manhole at the back of the alley. A large rat scurries about, most likely looking for food. The parties employer, the mysterious Abbot Watt is nowhere to be seen.

Welcome to A Secret Under Eubric! You have 24 hours to shop and confirm. There's not a lot to do at this moment, but feel free to look around the back alley. If I screw up, let me know, and since I'm making a huge leap from below level 10 to level 15+, expect a few hiccups. With that in mind, let the roleplaying, COMMENCE!

Edited by Kintobor

Alexandre is first to arrive. He looks around and sees no one. While he waited, he decided to use Intimidation on the rat to scare it away. Then he looks at the barrel ad treasure chest to see if it has anyone's name on it or markings if they belonged to someone.

OOC: Stats look good. Who is party leader?

OOC: Glad you asked! You'll see when Abbot arrives.

Alexandre chases the rat away, who scurries into a corner and into a hole. He then inspects the chests and barrels, finding only a lantern. The chests and crates don't appear to have any name or logo on them, but the lantern does have the initials A.O.E. engraved on the bottom.

"Hello Alexandre, you showed yourself to be a great fighter when we faced those proggs. And William, long time no see. It is good to be questing with you again."

"Greetings Elgar. It's good to be together longer. Be sure to heal me if my rage gets control of me. :wink: And William! Is that you? From the Lion fort? That was one heck of a siege wasn't it?"

"Shall we check that manhole? Maybe Abbot is in there watching us... to see if we really are the heroes. It may be suspicious for him to be standing around. The manhole was bolded anyways seems kind of important."

The Black Knightand the Druid walk over to the manhole cover. It's the typical sewer cover found over around most of the city. However, a large lock is connected to the manhole and a metal loop in the ground, securely keeping it in place. For the time being it seems you won't be able to go down into the sewers.

"I do hope our employer turns up soon, I don't fancy being on the streets of Eubric after dark, I mean they are dangerous enough in the day time but I do not wish to see them after dark. However after saying that I have heard the sewers of Eubric are a wretched hive of scum and villainy."

OOC: Just to get the ball rolling, and to give you guys something to do, I'm going to progress the plot a little. I have a feeling Fred will be confirming in after I've gone to bed.

As the two heroes wait for the third member of the party they notice another individual walk into the alley. Clad in green and walking with a dapper cane, he strolls into the alley and stops in front of the heroes.

8702482389_7d5b836051.jpg

He pulls out a note book and begins to scribble intently into it. After a brief moment he puts it away and looks at the two party members present.

8702483077_e0d7774cb6_t.jpg

"Elgar, Alexandre I presume? My name is Watt. Abbot Watt. I'm a professor at the Academy of Enlightenment. Yet as to why I wasn't invited to the bloody Foundation Day Ball is still beyond me... Sorry, going off topic. It appears as though it's 6:25, so your friend has a few minutes to arrive still. Now then, before we begin the task at hand, is there anything you'd like to know besides why we're going down into the sewers? I'd like all members of the expedition team to be present before I begin my short lecture."

Edited by Kintobor

"Hello sir, My name is Elgar Gligin. Do you know what we can expect to face in the sewers?"

Abbot nods his head in approval.

"An excellent question. I've heard a lot about the Wolfgang operating in the sewers, so a potential run in with them isn't out of the question. However, the reason I've hired you is because I don't know what I'm going to bump into, and would prefer to bring trained professional with me incase we run into, say, a demon or some hooded fiend. "

OOC: It seems Fred Daniel Yam hasn't been active for the past few days. We'll wait and see what happens, but I may need to replace him. I don't want to, but it may be necessary.

"Like I said, I don't want to delve into specifics just yet, but if my deductions are correct, which they usually are, what I'm about to discover will mark a huge landmark in the history of Uland! Trust me, once everyone's here, I will explain in further detail... where is that other chap I hired?"

Abbot impatiently taps his foot and looks down the alley.

"Indeed. It's not all bad, it gives me somemore time to prepare for my little lecture I'm giving you!"

Abbot smiles giddily as he repositions a large book under his shoulders.

Johon runs up to the group.

"Heard one of the party members wasn't available, so I decided I would be willing to replace him."

Listening to the conversation Johon made sure he had all of his belongings.

"I have a question about the academy itself, although you may not know the answer. Whatever happened to the situation with Lyren and Nuitian? Do you happen to know if they still go to the academy?"

"Lyren and Nuitan... I do remember Provost Lector speaking of the two but nothing else. I heard that Mr. Nuitan did do rather well on his exams, but nothing else. Unfortunately history and mythology aren't the most commonly studied areas at the Academy, much to my salaries detest, but one does what one loves, and history is my one passion, Mr, Johon."

Abbot looks about the alley, then claps his hands together, rubbing them intently.

"And we now have a party of three! Excellent! Gentlemen, take a seat, allow me to tell you why you're here. A long time ago, before the founding of Eubric and before the Orc war, the island of Uland was part of the Moon Elf kingdom.

1000 years ago, the very site of Eubric was the location of Nu Mercution, the capital of said kingdom. The proud race was known for their worship of Azazot, and is part of the reason why the great kingdom no longer exists. The ruler of the kingdom, Haerasias also known as the Mad King, met his demise after the city was sunk by Ennoc priests along with the surrounding islands. All that remains of said kingdom are Moone and Uland, with the rest if the empire having been sunk into the Crystalinne Sea. Now then, the reason we're here is to search for a potential lead that will give us a better understanding of the kingdom, a wall to be exact. What with all the rumbling going on underground, a rumour of a passage opening up in the sewers has lead to some people seeing a wall made if black stone, a common trait among Moon Elf architecture being it's emphasis on black stone. Which is where you come in. You're going to assist me as acting as body guards for any unsavoury individuals we may meet. Get me to the wall, and you get the money to split. Now then, I know that's a lot to take in, and I apologize, but I want you to understand why this is so significant before we get started. Are there any questions?

"Wow, and you think part of this ancient kingdom survived? I'm willing to go."

"Alexandre, I do hope you realize that there are many things secrets underneath Eubric still waiting to be unearthed? For all we know a portal to the inter-dimensional plane created by a race talking squirrel people could be sitting down there. Not that it's significance would be important. Blasted multidimensional theorists..."

Edited by Kintobor

"I know! I especially detest those blasted one's that insist that somehow there's a world full of neon, talking equines. Drives me up the wall. I actually denounced my friendship to a scholar because of his belief in it! That and the one's who've claimed to have seen some blue box with a flashing light on top. Ferdinand Gregovitch has to be one of the worst scholars I've ever had the misfortune to meet."

Edited by Kintobor

"I must say, your curiosity surprises me, the three of you! I wish my students were as inquisitive as you lot. Moon Elves have much paler skin, that and their eyes are distinctly different from most races. Like your traditional elves, Moon Elves have pointy ears and live much longer lives than the average human. There are still Moon Elves out and about the world, but they are few, and far between. The whole race kind of went kaput after their homeland sunk. Are there any more questions, or are we ready to head out?"

Edited by Kintobor