8418727928_d9c6d9266c.jpg

CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO VIEW THE FLICKR GALLERY!

Another MOC for you today. This one is Taskar, an immensely bulky MOC I started building on a whim after deciding that I needed something heavier to post. The bulky armor limited flexibility, specifically on the ankles and shoulders (yes, he does have upper and lower arms).

Built in late January of this year.

C&CC appreciated.

Thanks Warhead. It looked a bit odd with an empty space between the legs, so I added the armor there, and I'm pretty happy with it. :)

Dem legs,I swear every moc from you makes the legs look incredible.

The colors work but I wish that there was still more tan,but I get the point it's armor.

Great moc:)

The legs are often where I start with my MOCs, especially the bulky ones. And I do wish I had enough tan to make a mostly-tan MOC instead of one with tan accents, but alas... XD

Thanks again Zach!

The best part of this MOC are the legs. Bulky, mechanical-looking and awesome.

The legs are often where I start with my MOCs, especially the bulky ones. And I do wish I had enough tan to make a mostly-tan MOC instead of one with tan accents, but alas... XD

Thanks again Zach!

And this leads to a question I've been meaning to ask for a while...

You build in bulk with incredible detail. Where does it start in terms of concept. Do you look at a mask and conceptualize from there? Maybe build a body and then decide on a head? Or do you basically build them in your head from top to bottom first?

Because, you make me look like i'm drawing stick figures in a notebook next to your Watercolor master pieces.

That's quite flattering, thank you. :D

It varies, honestly. A lot of the time I'll just be fiddling around with parts, get a specific design that I like, and extrapolate. Oftentimes I'll build with a color that I haven't used in a while or a color scheme that I find interesting and unique. Consequently, what I build is decided on color (because I only have certain parts in certain colors; for example, no bulky mainly-green MOCs since I have minimal green armor). Other MOCs are built to accomodate a head, arm, leg, weapon, et cetera. Sometimes if I've built multiple MOCs in a team or group, and I have enough parts to build another, I'll create one that's what's missing from the group (for example, if I had a red and orange bulky MOC I might build a green and blue thin MOC to go with it).

Amazing moc you got there. :thumbup:

The only thing I would change is to give him actual hands.

Thanks Zero. Yeah, he definitely needed hands. I don't know why I didn't give him any. Could've been my lack of gunmetal fingers. XD

Thanks Zero. Yeah, he definitely needed hands. I don't know why I didn't give him any. Could've been my lack of gunmetal fingers. XD

Tan Glatorian hands from Vorox?

Nah, I really don't like the prefab hands. I feel that if all of the MOC is moveable, such as the limbs, then the fingers shouldn't be one solid block. Maybe that's silly of me, since I don't give them posable toes or jaws all the time. I don't know. :P

Nah, I really don't like the prefab hands. I feel that if all of the MOC is moveable, such as the limbs, then the fingers shouldn't be one solid block. Maybe that's silly of me, since I don't give them posable toes or jaws all the time. I don't know. :P

I call work like I see it. You are clearly a true artist. As for hands. I've noticed you avoid the prefabs. I have taken that into account with my Bionicle specific MOCS. I like the pure utility of the U-CLAMP as hand. What do you attach the EXO arms to?

Usually pneumatic t-bars, similar to Hydraxon's hands.

Certainly a more streamlined approach than making a HUGE paw, I suppose. :D

Meaty! Digging the fat legs. :)

Certainly a more streamlined approach than making a HUGE paw, I suppose. :D

Yep.

Meaty! Digging the fat legs. :)

Haha, thanks Rook. I might've mentioned this already, but the legs were the first part I built, so I armored them the most. ;D