Sign in to follow this  
RTN LNA

MOC Black Pearl-lite rev2 with building INSTRUCTIONS!!!�

The Black Pearl-lite a gaff-rigged sloop (revision 2)

with building INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

bp_lite.jpg

at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=234896

View the instructions for building this ship

I made a few color changes of bricks from black to red, the arch in to the cabin and the bricks to each side of that passageway, in the ship's wheel pedestal and at the top of the prow.

When I first build the Black Pearl-lite I had wished that everyone could hold it in their hands for a moment to look at it. I thought that maybe I should give y

That's a pretty ship Mr Baty, and thanks for the building instructions, you just saved me some work (the tutorial for small ships)!

I'll also add a picture from the ship in your first post.

First I be wondering why this is called the Black Pearl given that name has been made quite popular by another ship from some movie series. Can't think which one it is though... :-D

But I must say Mr LNA you've managed to make those hideous 4+ sails look good! They seem to work very well with your sloop thus proving there is hope for them afterall!

This is really a very fine sloop! *y*

Especially the after sheer is very beautiful.

I see you've also used the grey "Flybo" hull.

a6_port1.jpg_thumb.jpg

The grey hulls never made it into the Pirate theme but they work quite fine for Pirate ships!

That's a pretty ship Mr Baty, and thanks for the building instructions, you just saved me some work (the tutorial for small ships)!

I'll also add a picture from the ship in your first post.

Thanks, I like it too. I hope someone uses the instructions.

Thanks for adding the pic!

kurt

First I be wondering why this is called the Black Pearl given that name has been made quite popular by another ship from some movie series. Can't think which one it is though... :-D

But I must say Mr LNA you've managed to make those hideous 4+ sails look good! They seem to work very well with your sloop thus proving there is hope for them afterall!

About the name:

Black Pearl

google images

both the ship and the Black Oyster Pearl

Pearl_Oyster.jpg

Black Pearl-lite

google images

041200001i.jpg

Patton "[about his pistol grips] They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." Memorable quotes from the 1970 movie Patton

My ship is the "lite" version!

As to the sails, yes they do look good!

kurt

Kurt,

Those directions are very nice and easy to follow. *y* TLC should almost make instructions like that :-D

Makes me want to build one quick to check it out. (not for a few days though, waaaaay too much school work right now)

P

Thanks, I like it too. I hope someone uses the instructions.

Maybe you could add a link to the instruction folder in your first post to make them even more accessible.

Eg. This should be very clear:

Also I notice the final page is page 23 but the ship doesn't look quite complete:

black_pearl-lite_page_23.jpg_thumb.jpg

Is there a page 24?

Kurt,

Those directions are very nice and easy to follow. *y* TLC should almost make instructions like that :-D

Makes me want to build one quick to check it out. (not for a few days though, waaaaay too much school work right now)

P

Thanks, I hope someone will, it will only take them a few minutes, it will taking them longer to get all the parts located.

kurt

Maybe you could add a link to the instruction folder in your first post to make them even more accessible.

Eg. This should be very clear:

Also I notice the final page is page 23 but the ship doesn't look quite complete:

Is there a page 24?

Good point! I'll add that link.

No there is not currently a page 24, I need to draw up the crew (of 4) and add the last sail...

means downloading more .DAT files for the torsos and heads.

I am not too worried, these instructions should be good enough!

kurt

I'm fairly new to MLCAD so I'm wondering how did you manage to add the striped sails - as far as I'm aware they're not initially included with MCLAD so I suppose that means you needed to download .DAT files to get them.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks, I hope someone will, it will only take them a few minutes, it will taking them longer to get all the parts located.

kurt

Not if almost all of my bricks are already sorted ;-)

I don't have the same colored hull or sails though, but the renegade runner parts should work out fine

I'm fairly new to MLCAD so I'm wondering how did you manage to add the striped sails - as far as I'm aware they're not initially included with MCLAD so I suppose that means you needed to download .DAT files to get them.

How would I go about doing this?

This ship was drawn with LeoCAD. LeoCAD saves pictures as .gif files, I used Picture-it to convert .gif to .jpg and to add the page number. But on a few of the pages I used paint-it to read in the .gif file to add lines for black string or the jib sail and then write out the picture as .bmp file which Picture-it can also convert to .jpg file.

As far as I know there are no .DAT files for the sail parts.

You can do the same thing I did, if you wish.

kurt

I don't think I'll be making any ships in the near future but thanks for the advice. I've never heard of of LeoCAD so I'll stick to MLCAD, but if anyone knows which is the better of the two programs then let let me know!

I don't think I'll be making any ships in the near future but thanks for the advice. I've never heard of of LeoCAD so I'll stick to MLCAD, but if anyone knows which is the better of the two programs then let let me know!

There is a thread here MLCAD vs. LeoCAD

and another tread here MLCAD vs LEOCAD

These and other choices are listed here Category: LDraw Viewers And Editors

I like LeoCAD because of the spinable zoomable 3D view.

kurt

Thanks for the links Mr LAN! Too bad those discussion threads didn't really take off though since they only offer two options each. The first thread had one user prefer MCLAD and the other LEegoCAD, while the second thread gave 2 votes for MCLAD - not really enough to go by.

I thought MCLAD also had a "spinable zoomable 3D view" too, which is why I'd been using to get the right angle on the current MOC I'm building - as pictured in my signature.

Is there a page 24?

Well I have updated page 23

and added page 24

I had to find a number of hard to find LDRAW models!

Someone needs to try them!

kurt

black_pearl-lite_page_24_small.jpg

Well I have updated page 23 and added page 24

Excellent! The instructions are complete!

I had to find a number of hard to find LDRAW models!

Where did you find them?

Excellent! The instructions are complete!

Yes they are.

Where did you find them?

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to go."

Philip Ahn played the Shaolin master in Kung Fu who said that to Grasshopper.

kurt

Excellent work, Mr. LNA! If TLC released this I would most certainly buy it! Do you have an estimate, based on bricklink prices, that might give an indication to the theoretical retail value of the "Black Pearl-lite" by chance?

I also like how you slanted the ship to the side in your picture. I'll have to borrow this idea in the next ship I build. :)

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to go."

Philip Ahn played the Shaolin master in Kung Fu who said that to Grasshopper.

Its always interesting what users share and what they keep to themselves, but if one person knowns that's a reassurance another knows - and not everyone is good at keeping secrets ;-)

Mr Baty, I edited your post because the picture was... well... big, very big...

I'll gladly use these instructions as soon as I get the parts! ;-)

Excellent work, Mr. LNA! If TLC released this I would most certainly buy it! Do you have an estimate, based on bricklink prices, that might give an indication to the theoretical retail value of the "Black Pearl-lite" by chance?

please tell me if you find any mistakes in this!

Black Pearl-lite rev. 2 parts inventory

|<--------------------Make-your-window-at-least-this-wide------------------------------------------------------------------->|

Qty PartNum- Color-------- Part Description ---------------------------------------- Note --------- Price each - Subtotal

--1 6029a----- White---------- Animal Cattlehorns ---------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.03

--1 3659------ Black---------- Arch 1 x 4 -------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.03

--1 3455------ Red------------ Arch 1 x 6 -------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.05

--1 6020------ OldBrown----- Bar 7 x 3 with Double Clips ------------------------------------------------ $0.03 ---- $0.03

--1 6051cx3- Black/OldDkGray Boat Bow 12 x 12 x 5 & 1/3 ------------------------------------------- $2.75 ---- $2.75

--1 2537------ Black---------- Boat Mast 2 x 2 x 13 & 3/4 Middle ---------------------------------------- $0.75 ---- $0.75

--2 2538------ Black---------- Boat Mast 2 x 2 x 16 Top -------------------------------------------------- $0.70 ---- $1.40

--1 6067------ Black---------- Boat Mast Base 4 x 4 x 1 & 2/3 ------------------------------------------- $0.30 ---- $0.30

--1 2539------ OldDkGray------ Boat Mast Platform ------------------------------------------------------ $0.25 ---- $0.25

--2 6057------ Black---------- Boat Rigging 5 x 15 --------------------------------------------------------- $0.15 ---- $0.30

--1 4790------ OldBrown------- Boat Ship Wheel ---------------------------------------------------------- $0.30 ---- $0.30

--1 6053cx3-- Black/OldDkGray Boat Stern 12 x 14 x 5 & 1/3 ----------------------------------------- $2.75 ---- $2.75

--4 3005------ Red------------ Brick 1 x 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.01 ---- $0.04

--4 3062b----- Black---------- Brick 1 x 1 Round with Hollow Stud -------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.08

--6 3062b----- DkOrange------- Brick 1 x 1 Round with Hollow Stud ----------------------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.30

--4 3004------ Black---------- Brick 1 x 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.08

--5 3004------ Red------------ Brick 1 x 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.10

--2 3622------ Black---------- Brick 1 x 3 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--2 3010------ Black---------- Brick 1 x 4 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--5 3003------ Black---------- Brick 2 x 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.01 ---- $0.05

--2 3001------ Black---------- Brick 2 x 4 ------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.06

--2 2462------ Black---------- Brick 3 x 3 Facet ----------------------------------------------------------- $0.10 ---- $0.20

--1 x1425px1 White---------- Cloth Sail 21 x 22 Triangular with Red Stripes and Jolly Rogger Pattern $2.00 ---- $2.00

--1 x1426px1 White---------- Cloth Sail 22 x 27 with Red Stripes and Jolly Rogger Pattern ------- $2.25 ---- $2.25

--8 4589------ Red------------ Cone 1 x 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.03 ---- $0.24

--2 2335------ Red------------ Flag 2 x 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.15 ---- $0.30

--1 2335px23 White---------- Flag 2 x 2 with Eyepatch Skull, Bones, and Red Border Pattern -- $0.10 ---- $0.10

--1 4495------ Red------------ Flag 4 x 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.03 ---- $0.03

--3 3937------ Black---------- Hinge 1 x 2 Base --------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.06

--3 3938------ Black---------- Hinge 1 x 2 Top ----------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.06

--2 4276------ Black---------- Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 2 Fingers ---------------------------------------- $0.04 ---- $0.08

--3 2452------ Black---------- Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 3 Fingers on Side ------------------------------ $0.03 ---- $0.09

--2 2429------ Black---------- Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Base --------------------------------------------------- $0.08 ---- $0.16

--2 2430------ Black---------- Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Top ---------------------------------------------------- $0.08 ---- $0.16

--3 4504------ Black---------- Hinge Plate 1 x 6 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends ---------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.15

--1 4505------ Red------------ Hinge Plate 1 x 6 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Sides --------------------- $0.25 ---- $0.25

--2 3959------ OldDkGray------ Minifig Accessory Torch ---------------------------------------------- $0.10 ---- $0.20

--1 2527------ Red------------ Minifig Cannon 2 x 4 Base ----------------------------------------------- $0.75 ---- $0.75

--1 518------- OldDkGray------ Minifig Cannon 2 x 8 Non-Shooting ---------------------------------- $2.00 ---- $2.00

--1 2528px1- Black---------- Minifig Hat Bicorner with Skull and Jolly Roger Pattern -------------- $0.30 ---- $0.30

--3 x70------- Red------------ Minifig Hat Rag ------------------------------------------------------------- $0.25 ---- $0.75

--1 3626bpa8 White---------- Minifig Head with Evil Skeleton Skull Pattern -------------------------- $0.15 ---- $0.15

--1 3626bpx13- Yellow--------- Minifig Head with Black Bangs, Moustache, and Stubble Pattern $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 3626bpx119 Yellow--------- Minifig Head with Messy Black Hair with Eyepatch and Stubble Pattern $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 3626bp62-- Yellow--------- Minifig Head with Ice Planet Messy White Hair ---------------------- $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 3626bp7a-- Yellow--------- Minifig Head with Brown Hair over Eye and Black Eyebrows Pattern $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 970c00---- Black---------- Minifig Hips and Legs (Complete) ----------------- with red hips ----- $0.10 ---- $0.10

--3 970c00---- Red------------ Minifig Hips and Legs (Complete) ---------------- with black hips --- $0.10 ---- $0.30

--2 3849------ Black---------- Minifig Lance --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.07 ---- $0.14

--1 973p3a--- Yellow--------- Minifig Torso with Pirate Ragged Shirt and Dagger Pattern with hook hand $0.75 ---- $0.75

--3 973p33--- Yellow--------- Minifig Torso with Pirate Stripes Pattern (Red/Black) ---------------- $0.35 ---- $1.05

--6 3024------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.02 ---- $0.12

--4 3024------ Red------------ Plate 1 x 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.02 ---- $0.08

--2 6019------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Horizontal ------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--2 4085b----- Black---------- Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical - Type 2 ---------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

-14 3023------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 2 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.28

--2 3023------ OldDkGray------ Plate 1 x 2 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--4 3023------ OldGray-------- Plate 1 x 2 ---------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.08

--1 3023------ Red------------ Plate 1 x 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.02 ---- $0.02

--1 3794------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 2 with 1 Stud ---------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.02

--3 4623------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 2 with Arm ------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.06

--4 2540------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 2 with Handle --------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.08

--5 3623------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 3 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.10

-11 3710------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 4 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.22

--2 3710------ OldDkGray------ Plate 1 x 4 -------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--2 3710------ OldGray-------- Plate 1 x 4 ---------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--5 3184------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 4 with Towball -------------------------------------------------- $0.10 ---- $0.50

--8 3666------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 6 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.24

--1 3666------ OldGray-------- Plate 1 x 6 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.03

--9 3460------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 8 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.27

--1 3460------ OldGray-------- Plate 1 x 8 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.03

--5 4477------ Black---------- Plate 1 x 10 ---------------------------------------------------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.25

--6 3022------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 2 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.12

--6 2420------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 2 Corner -------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.12

--2 2420------ OldGray-------- Plate 2 x 2 Corner ------------------------------------------------------ $0.02 ---- $0.04

--2 4600------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 2 with Wheels Holder ----------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.04

--5 3021------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 3 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.10

--3 3021------ OldGray-------- Plate 2 x 3 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.06

-11 3020------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 4 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.33

--2 3020------ OldGray-------- Plate 2 x 4 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.06

--2 3795------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 6 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.06

--1 3795------ OldGray-------- Plate 2 x 6 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.05

--1 3034------ Black---------- Plate 2 x 8 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.04 ---- $0.04

--1 3032------ Black---------- Plate 4 x 6 ----------------------------------------------------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.05

--1 3029------ Black---------- Plate 4 x 12 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 3958------ OldGray-------- Plate 6 x 6 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.25 ---- $0.25

--1 3036------ OldGray-------- Plate 6 x 8 --------------------------------------------------------------- $0.35 ---- $0.35

--3 4286------ Black---------- Slope Brick 33 3 x 1 ----------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.06

--2 3747------ Black---------- Slope Brick 33 3 x 2 Inverted ------------------- also 3747a -------- $0.04 ---- $0.08

--1 3044------ Black---------- Slope Brick 45 2 x 1 Double -------------------------------------------- $0.05 ---- $0.05

--5 3040b----- Black---------- Slope Brick 45 2 x 1 ------------------------------ also 3040 --------- $0.02 ---- $0.10

--2 3665------ Black---------- Slope Brick 45 2 x 1 Inverted ------------------------------------------ $0.03 ---- $0.06

--9 3039------ Black---------- Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 ----------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.27

--1 3039------ Red------------ Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 ----------------------------------------------------- $0.03 ---- $0.03

--4 3660------ Black---------- Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 Inverted ------------------------------------------ $0.03 ---- $0.12

--1 ------------ Black---------- String ---------------------------------------------------------------------- $0.00 ---- $0.00

--1 3700------ Black---------- Technic Brick 1 x 2 with Hole ------------------------------------------ $0.02 ---- $0.02

--4 2555------ Black---------- Tile 1 x 1 with Clip -------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.08

--1 2555------ White---------- Tile 1 x 1 with Clip -------------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.02

--5 3069b----- Black---------- Tile 1 x 2 with Groove -------------------------------------------------- $0.06 ---- $0.30

--4 2432------ Black---------- Tile 1 x 2 with Handle --------------------------------------------------- $0.02 ---- $0.08

--1 2431------ Black---------- Tile 1 x 4 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.06 ---- $0.06

--2 6636------ Black---------- Tile 1 x 6 ------------------------------------------------------------------ $0.10 ---- $0.20

--1 6565------ Black---------- Wedge 3 x 2 Left -------------------------------------------------------- $0.10 ---- $0.10

--1 6564------ Black---------- Wedge 3 x 2 Right ------------------------------------------------------ $0.10 ---- $0.10

--3 43721----- Black---------- Wedge 4 x 2 Sloped Left ----------------------------------------------- $0.25 ---- $0.75

--3 43720----- Black---------- Wedge 4 x 2 Sloped Right --------------------------------------------- $0.25 ---- $0.75

--4 4624------ OldBrown------- Wheel Centre Small --------------------------------------------------- $0.13 ---- $0.52

--1 x34 ------- DkRed---------- Window 1 x 2 x 2 & 2/3 Pane Twisted Bar with Rounded Top -- $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 30044----- Red------------ Window 1 x 2 x 2 & 2/3 with Rounded Top -------------------------- $0.20 ---- $0.20

--1 4475------ Black---------- Wing 8 x 8 with 4 x 4 Cutout -------------------------------------------- $0.15 ---- $0.15

Total ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Cost

304 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- $31.90

please tell me if you find any mistakes in this!

Total

Total Cost

$31.90

The price seems true to TLC's current pricing policy. Arrr, now I'm starting to ache for a new pirate theme.