Sign in to follow this  
Teessider

BOOK: Brick City by Warren Elsmore

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brick-City-Grown-ups-Warren-Elsmore/dp/184533812X

I got this book the other day. I did a search for it on the forums but there didn't seem to be much about it. It has pictures of some really beautiful MOCS of various landmarks around the world, and lots of interesting building instructions. I haven't built any of the models in the book yet, but they have some really interesting and unusual techniques.

There are a lot of books like this, from various authors that show stuff like this, a lot of them are ebooks however. There should be a LEGO books discussion where people can post books they find, because there are a lot that I don"t think are very well known

Cannot say I have seen it before but just from the cover it looks quite interesting.

It's only been out a few weeks

I picked this up a couple of weeks go. At first, I wasn't very interested, because many of the models are micro-scale, and I build town scale. However, the price is low enough ($20US) that it was worth buying just because it is a LEGO book. After having it a couple of weeks, I'm satisfied with my purchase. The US version includes two posters, one inside the front cover, one inside the back. That plus the beautiful photographs makes this worth buying at that price.

i bought this a few weeks ago and the models are great. However, the pictures of the building steps for some of the models are so small as to render them very difficult to follow.

There is an exhibition of some of the models at the Arts Depot in north London next week. If this is a touring exhibition, has anyone seen it yet and is it worth a trip?

I did receive it as a present not so long ago. It was my first Lego book and I truly loved it. The models are really beautiful. A beginner like me can also really improve his techniques through the various models you are invited to produce.

I would strongly advise the book to any Lego fans.

I picked up a discounted copy of this at Sam's Club. Good pictures and plenty of things to inspire you. Only downside is that there a few too many micro-scale MOCs for me and the instructions are somewhat on the illegible side.

Overall I say it's a good stocking stuffer for Xmas.