kreimkoek

Helm's Deep moc (another one)

Hello LEGO fans!

I modded the LEGO helms deep set, and I would like to share it with you guys.

The LEGO helms deep set was too small for my liking so I made it bigger, Based on eurolock's moc I tried to make the keep with a part of the mountain attached to it like in the movie

I would like to do more and bigger but currently I dont have the money for it (my SO doesn't want me to spend alot of money on LEGO :p).

My army is approximately 56 uruks big (I want atleast 100)..

This is my first MOC and I hope you like it.

Tips and suggestions are always welcome

img_0729.png

img_0719.jpg

img_0722.jpg

Now for some battle action.

img_0674.jpg

img_0684.jpg

img_0715.jpgimg_0686.jpg

img_0689.jpg

extra

img_0576.jpg

img_0608.jpg

I know it is not as impressive as some of the other mocs on this forum, but I am proud of what i have made so far.

Looks good, the only thing I would suggest would be to smooth out the second bump un the Deepening Wall. It only had one in the movie.

That is a really nice Helm's Deep you got there! Super job on the tower!!

It doesn't have to be massive to be charming. Eurolock's Helm's Deep MOC is still one of my favorites because of how he integrated the original Helm's Deep set without a ton of modding and just built everything up around it. For the same reason I like your MOC a lot too.

As for critiques, I think the tower looks a little odd being so tall next to Helm's Deep. Also, the mountain wall facing the keep might looks a little better with some jagged rocks rather than being totally flat and smooth?

Very nice! I too have made a Helm's Deep Mod based off of Eurolock's! Your army is so big! Well done!

I love the mountain/ castle and agree with others: the tower looks too high and the bulge on the Deepingwall could be smoothed out.

A very nice rendition of Helms Deep! I think you've done a great job of integrating it into the mountain. Great start and introduction to EB. Keep it up!

CF

I like it... the only thing i dislike is different armies... but i know thats expensive so i overlook it :D

Thanks for the positive reactions guys!

I love the mountain/ castle and agree with others: the tower looks too high and the bulge on the Deepingwall could be smoothed out.

Do you refer to the bulge where theoden king stands on?

I like it... the only thing i dislike is different armies... but i know thats expensive so i overlook it :D

Yea I would rather have alot of uruk hai but I wanted it to look impressive so I used some orks/goblins and ringwraiths to make the army bigger :p

It doesn't have to be massive to be charming. Eurolock's Helm's Deep MOC is still one of my favorites because of how he integrated the original Helm's Deep set without a ton of modding and just built everything up around it. For the same reason I like your MOC a lot too.

As for critiques, I think the tower looks a little odd being so tall next to Helm's Deep. Also, the mountain wall facing the keep might looks a little better with some jagged rocks rather than being totally flat and smooth?

I plan to make the mountain less flat but I dont have any slope bricks left :(

I think people are refering to the 'bulge' at the far end of the deeping wall. The wall should be flat on the far side of the culvert. Its easy enough to modify the uruk hai army wall to flatten it.

I think people are refering to the 'bulge' at the far end of the deeping wall. The wall should be flat on the far side of the culvert. Its easy enough to modify the uruk hai army wall to flatten it.

Oh yes you are right, it should be flat now that I think about it.

I will modify this in the future along with the other comments.

Thanks.

This looks amazing and I am trying to make something very similar to this at the moment.

I didn't know Elrond and Tauriel fought at Helm's Deep :wink:

I didn't know that any Elves fought there at all. :wink:

Edited by TheWorldAhead