MikeyB

Challenge VI: The gamble

Chapter 1

Deep in the Enchanted Forest, in the caverns below the Great Oak where the refugees from Circardia had fled, Lord Arlindus comes to Cora once again. Her workshop had been in the caverns just waiting for Cora to return.

CVI%20003-M.jpg

entry one (interior scene)

"Have you finished your project Cora?" Arlindus asked the old druid as he entered the cluttered workshop.

"Perhaps, perhaps. Time will tell" she answered in her not so direct way. "Time will tell."

CVI%20005-M.jpg

"Victor has entrenched himself in Cerdica. The Mitgardians have had him under siege and the Kalphinan's have tried to breech the walls but we haven't been able to budge him." Arlindus explained to Cora. "We hope your project will help turn the tide."

"The orb is ready, you must find the weakest wall. You must place it precisely. You must get close" Cora told Arlindus

"Dragon Dust is tricky stuff, very tricky!" she crooned "Many have lost their lives trying to use it"

"Don't drop it, don't get it wet, don't set it near a flame" Cora cackled, "Don't do that, no, no, no!"

"If this works, you will be a hero of Historia." Arlindus told Cora. "things are desperate"

CVI%20007-M.jpg

"If this works, I hope I can go back to my little house!" Cora sighed.

Arlindus left to join his Phoenix Guard and the Army of Avaolina as the marched to Cerdica to join the battle.

Chapter 2

The Battle raged for days, the mighty Mitgardian siege engines battered the walls of the city. The Kaliphlins direct assault had been repelled time after time and the Free Nocturnians losses had been heavy. Even Avalonia's Flight of the Dragons heavy calvary had been rendered ineffective against the entrenched force of the Hand of Corruption and Victor.

But the orb of Dragon Dust worked as Cora had hoped. A small band of Phoenix Guards sneaked to the base of the wall and placed it as Lord Arlindus had described. They retreated back to a safe distance and waited while the fuse slowly burned.

The Explosion took everyone by surprise. The concussion destroyed a large section of wall and the Avalonian army poured through the gap.

CVI%20103-M.jpg

entry two

CVI%20110-M.jpg

Lord Arlindus lead his Phoenix Guard to take a tower where his archers rained death on the Hand of Corruption, while the Avalonian Army met the enemy head on.

CVI%20101-M.jpg

CVI%20108-M.jpg

The fight was brutal. A huge troll reeked heavy casualties until he was taken down by a squad of pike men and a knight of the Flight of Dragons.

CVI%20102-M.jpg

Victor and his Generals fled to the top of the keep but they were trapped. Victor was captured, bound and gagged and placed in a deep cell, to wait his fate.

CVI%20107-M.jpg

Chapter 3

"Let the celebration begin!" exclaimed Lord Arlindus as he stood under the marque tent with his father and Cora.

CVI%20205-M.jpg

CVI%20207-M.jpg

entry three

After the battle had been won, Cerdica reclaimed and Victor safely locked away and under guard by many incantations and under the watchful eye of the new order of druids, the citizens of Circardia returned to their homes.

Lord Arlindus called for a celebration, Beer and win flowed freely, Barnum and his convivial troupe preformed for the people with wonderous trained elephant, comedic juggling acrobats and a fortune teller.

CVI%20204-M.jpg

CVI%20203-M.jpg

CVI%20202-M.jpg

CVI%20206-M.jpg

The festivities lasted for days and many babies were made

Thanks for looking more photos can be seen at my Smugmug site or my flickr account

As always Comment and critics are appreciated.

Edited by MikeyB

Lots to like here Mikey. My favourite detail is the way you have arranged the books on the shelves in the first build. Great siege scene, love the dragon dust effect on the wall and the falling orc. Many babies were made!

:classic:

thanks for the replies!

@ CH I had to limit myself on the thing I put in the first build so glad it looked clutered without being too busy. I had maybe another 7 or 8 items but started thinking "is this too much" not to mention things kept falling over and I finally said "well that doesn't need to be in there!"

@Robuko glad someone noticed the falling orc. and the many babies were made comment at the end! (not the best closing i know but it made me chuckle)

Love the fight scene and the interior as others have said really has a good balance of clutter :thumbup:

Nice piece usage for those ramps too :classic:

Love the traveling tent. We needed more trolls in Historica.

Is it just me, or does your characters dad look a lot like someone?

So many cool things to look at. It's going to be ever so hard deciding which entry to like best. Btw, the detail I like the most is the Uruk falling from the battlement! It looks just ever so organic, cool to see what you can do with a handfull of plastic bricks!

3 great MOC's!!! Especially the last one really surprised me (made due the elephant :laugh: )

Great way to build a gap in a wall!

The siege was very good. Great action poses, great detail for a ruined wall! The Avalonians did well taking the fortress.

But, I think the interior build is the gem here. I don't know how you were able to position all of that so perfectly, my hands are way too clumbsy to put that many fine details in such a small space and make it look as if it is totally natural. Like always, great job!

Great entry, I love the interior, so many details! The siege scene is also really well done. They have a cave troll! :sweet:

I'm glad you made an entry! It's been a while since you posted. The interior has some great details despite feeling a bit unfinished. The second part has some great action with the classic castle "vintage" feel to it. It's much better, though than the old catalogs. The story is hilarious for the celebration. I love celebration scenes. Nice job!

I don't know how you were able to position all of that so perfectly, my hands are way too clumbsy to put that many fine details in such a small space and make it look as if it is totally natural. Like always, great job!

Tweezers help! thats for sure

Z Lord Arlindus father Orthus has been around since the beginning but he does have a uncanny resemblance to someone else.

@ Torgar I had that dialog of that scene in my head during the whole build!

@CBB thanks. in retrospect I should have made the celebration scene larger. I had another 10 or 5 civilians and soldiers I wanted to add and the Elephant looks like he is about stomp half the crowd!

hehe nice 3rd build. glad you entered, love your army, Avalonia FTW!

good luck!

Really nice entry here! I love the lived in feel of the interior build, that is hard to accomplish in Lego. Also, the fact that you followed up with a celebration scene is very Tolkien-esque. Not enough stories wrap up with the return to normalcy!

Great entry Mikey! I too love the bookshelf, and the interior details. Your 2nd build is probably my favorite thought with the towers, and the rush of troops through the breach. I like ending with the celebration, and I am jealous of the Elephant! Nice job!

Good to see some of your work again Mikey. I was worried you left Historica. Love the builds with the story and absolutely great minifig posing. The scene I like the most is the one were they celebrate victory. I really like the gypsy feeling it has!

Great entry with three nice builds! I think I like the celebration scene the most, too few of those kind of builds around :)

Good to see some of your work again Mikey. I was worried you left Historica. Love the builds with the story and absolutely great minifig posing. The scene I like the most is the one were they celebrate victory. I really like the gypsy feeling it has!
I had a couple life events that have kept me from building as much as I wanted. The next month is going to be pretty sparse for me too sadly but I do plan on sticking around for awhile.

Great job as usual! :thumbup: Liking that tent design!
Thanks! I would love to take total credit but I saw the idea somewhere before (can't remember where sadly) I did add my own touch to it though and think it works great.

You really captured a great cluttered feel on the first build, and I love the antlers on the wall. What pieces did you use for that?

The only small critique I can see if that I would have raised that back wall up one more brick so it wasn't the same height as the bookcase and maybe tiled the top. It looks a little unfinished with the studs.

My favorite part though is the gypsy caravan in the last scene!

the Antlers are actually a Brickwarriors piece. I typically don't use aftermarket parts but they do have some nice accessory and I bought a few and enjoy them.

And your right on all accounts about raising the height of the wall and tiling the top

And glad you like the Gypsy wagon. one of my favorite builds I have done. and it was designed before the CMF came out so I was ecstatic by the gypsy figure

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the room of the first chapter :wub::wink:

I'm loving the large tent, where did you get the canvas parts from?