Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

Challenge VI: Resistance

Hi guys! Here's my Challenge VI entry. :classic: . Hope you enjoy reading this, cause there's a lot. :grin: . It's done now!

dscn9141.jpg

Mud. And the occasional solemn rock. This is all that remains of the once beautiful fields and streams that surrounded Cedrica. The land itself feels depressed. Depressed, beaten, and abused. This is the land that has been scorched barren by the wrath of Victor.

Cedrica. The once powerful guild now appears but a shadow of its former self. The walls are crumbling. It appears as dead as the lands around it. Nothing is seen going in. Only parties of hundreds or thousands of Victor’s soldiers leave. They are war parties. Victor’s forces spread like fire, conquering or corrupting everything in their path. He desires to unite the four guilds under one hand, the Hand of Corruption. The Hand crushes all resistance.

The gates of Cedrica stand like indomitable pillars of stone. Hiding all that may, or may not, be inside the walls. The Hand of Corruption mans the many battlements and towers along the city walls. The soldiers stand like statues of warriors long forgotten, unmovable, powerful, relentless.

Something is different today. There is a wind in the air. The wind pierces the stale, hot air like a beam of light flying through darkness. It brings hope. And the Hand soldiers hate it.

dscn9276.jpg

Guard One: Ahh! I hate this wretched wind!

Guard Two: Would you shut up already! You’ve been complaining all day! A little breeze won’t hurt you!

Guard One: Ha! You fool! This “breeze” has pushed away our clouds! It’s letting the sun burn our skin.

Guard Two: Then shut up about the wind and complain about the sun!

Guard Three: I wish you would both shut your mouths!

Guard One: We can say what we want, when we want!

Guard Three: Ha, what I hate is that our brethren are making history, conquering all Historica! And what do we do? Sit here and guard this rotten city that no one

likes!

Guard One: Ay! They get glory and we sit up here gathering dust!

Guard Three: We should demand to be on the next war party!

Guard One: Ay! We shou-

Guard Two: What’s that!

Guard One: What!?

Guard Two: That glint!

Guard One: Probably just a rock. Like I was saying-

Guard Three: That’s no rock! It’s a helmet, and it’s not alone! Quick alert the others, we’re under attack!

The guards ran off to alert the city. The battle is about to begin. The battle for Cedrica. The battle for Historica. The battle for Freedom.

As the sun shone in the Cedrican sky for the first time in months, hundreds of sets of armor gleamed in the sunlight. A gleam shone in their eyes. It was anger, it was determination, and it was the passion for freedom. As they marched the gleam in their eyes grew and grew. With every step they knew they became one step closer to the black mage.

Victor may have built an empire, but in doing so he had made many enemies. These were them. They had been brought together by necessity, and bonded through unwilling brotherhood. These were the citizens of Historica, and they weren’t happy.

The soldiers knew they were close. The walls of Cedrica stood only a few short miles away. The city looks forlorn in its deserted state. It looks weak, almost too weak. It’s hard to believe this crumbling city is the headquarters Victor is slowly conquering all of Historica from.

The Historicans stare at the walls of Cedrica. Capital of Historica. Victor’s fortress. The last obstacle between them and The Mage.

The hour is close. The walls of Cedrica are manned. The gate is closed. The mage is ready. He is ready to crush the last obstacle between him and total domination. He has waited long for this chance. He is ready.

A tall figure marches through the plains. He wears a tall crested helmet, covered in intricate gold markings. His brown cloak flaps in the wind behind him. He is Sir Infernum , warrior of Mitgardia. He seeks no fame or riches, only to free his homeland.

A green cloaked figure approaches him. He has braided long, brown hair and a scraggly beard that reaches from one of his pointy ears to the other.

dscn9277.jpg

Starandil: Infernum, is that you?

Infernum: Starandil, my old friend! Didn’t expect to find you here! I thought you tree hugging elves would hide in your tall trees until this is all over.

Starandil: Ha, ha! Immortality won’t protect you from Hand of Corruption swords, my friend. I figured I might as well get killed here, instead of waiting around to

get killed in Avalonia.

Infernum: Only too true. I can’t wait to be fighting alongside you again!

Starandil: Aye! We’ll teach Victor not to mess with Historicans!

The two friends walked off laughing, momentarily forgetting all about their troubles with Revolword. They would be reminded very soon though…

End of Chapter One.

As the sun rises in the Cedrican skies, mighty cries suddenly filled the air. Cries of the names of all four of the mighty guilds, and rising above them all a roar of “Historica!”. Hundreds of soldiers rushed forward, quickly closing the gap between them and the Cedrican walls.

Hand of Corruption soldiers line the walls, standing still as stone. They stare at the attacking Historicans, emotionless. They aren’t fueled by emotion, only their next order.

A troop of archers advance from the Historican’s line. “Load!” yells a Hand of Corruption officer. Hundreds of soldiers raise their crossbows. Both sides are now within range of each other. “Fire!” yells the same Hand of Corruption soldier. With a deafening twang hundreds of arrows are let loose by Victor’s troops and dozens of Historicans fall. The first shots have been fired and the first soldiers fallen. The battle has begun.

dscn9258.jpg

A red cloaked elf leads the troop of archers in front of the gate. He has long blond hair and wields a beautifully crafted bow. He yells out orders, leading his troops. He is the leader of the Avalonian forces at the battle. He is Brillian, powerful elf-lord.

dscn9266.jpg

Brillian: Shoot now to avenge your fallen cities and brothers! We take back Cedrica now!

Historicans: For Historica!

Brillian: For Freedom!

Brillian: Now!

Suddenly the rows of archers parted and two Mitgardians charged through. They held a chain capped by a hook in one hand and a blade in the other. They reached the walls unharmed and threw their hooks onto the top of the wall. They began climbing.

dscn9268.jpg

Roark: Ha, up the wall we go! This is where all that mountain climbing back home pays off!

Rarkth: Well I, as always, reach the top first! (He grunts and pulls himself over the top of the wall, neatly decapitating a Hand soldier in the same motion)

dscn9269.jpg

Roark: Who said it was a race?! (He climbs over the wall on the opposite side of the gate.)

Rarkth: I don’t know about you, but I want to get rid of Revolword as fast as possible!

Roark: Aye! When you say it like that it does sound more important!

dscn9272.jpg

dscn9273.jpg

The two finish off the guards and claim the gate!

Rarkth: Let’s get this gate open!

Roark: Ha, ha, I always wanted to do this!

They pull the ropes, raising the heavy portcullis and exposing the Red Doors of Cedrica.

dscn9275.jpg

Brillian: (To the warriors on the wall) Nice work my Mitgardian friends! (To soldiers) Now let us open this gate and start the real battle!

Historicans approach the gates bearing battering rams. They reach the gate only to hear a rattling behind the gate. Suddenly the gate booms open from the inside and a group of Victor’s troops roar forward, led by a giant troll. The first line of the Historicans scream in terror as they are quickly cut down by Victor’s troops.

dscn9280.jpg

Victor’s army slices through the Historican lines, until two warriors appear. One is a female orc. She bears a great sword and armor the crimson color of blood. Her name is Raktha, warrior from Nocturnus. The other wears grand gold and blue armor, as well as a golden, curved sword. He is Sarnak, leader of the attacking Kaliphlinian forces.

The two warriors streak through Victor’s forces, slicing left and right as they go. Victor’s forces find themselves suddenly separated. The Historicans take advantage of the confusion and counter attack.

Brillian: Attack and take the gate!

dscn9282.jpg

Within seconds Victor’s forces are repelled and the gate is won! Brillian approaches Raktha and Sarnak, the two warriors.

dscn9283.jpg

Brillian: Thank you! Without you the effort would have been lost! (To Sarnak) It is nice to see you again Sarnak, (to Raktha) but you are you I must ask?

Raktha: I am Raktha, a she-orc from the mountains of Nocturnus. I am here to prove that not all orcs have turned to evil, even if it means fighting my brethren.

Brillian: Well I am happy to have you fighting alongside me, no matter what species you are!

Raktha: Thank you!

Brillian: I would like for you, my friend Starandil, and his good friend Infernum to lead the assault on the city.

Raktha: I would be honored!

The orc and elf walk off while the Kaliphlinite prepares the troops for battle. The mage is now at hand, they are on his doorstep. Now they must retake Cedrica,

and the freedom of Historica.

End of Chapter Two.

The warriors have entered the city. What they found was nothing like what they expected. They had hoped for a straight up battle, while what they got was guerilla warfare. Victor was smarter than anticipated. He had torn down the top half of many of the houses, and replaced them with towers, battlements, and siege weapons. The result was that one or few of Victor’s soldiers could easily hold the attackers at bay, and the progress was very slow.

dscn9284.jpg

More and more Historicans fell as a formation of Victor’s soldiers repelled them and they found themselves stuck, making easy prey for the archers in the battlements. The Historicans had lost their formations as they scrambled to escape the arrows flying from above. This is the state Raktha, Starandil, and Infernum found their soldiers in.

dscn9285.jpg

Starandil: Look at this mess! No wonder we were put in charge!

Infernum: Ha, I guess we had better go help out!

Raktha: Ah, nothing is more fun than thinning out Victor’s troops!

Starandil: Let’s go then!

dscn9286.jpg

The three ran into the fray. The street had two battlements built into the houses, as well as a tower and a large goblin machine. As they watched the machine creaked and hissed, and suddenly a capsule spat out the front. It landed in front of a few Historicans, and with a flash the capsule exploded and burned the unlucky Historicans to ashes.

dscn9289.jpg

Raktha: Gunpowder! We have to take out that machine!

Starandil: Let’s go then!

The three run to the front lines, and kick down the door to a house next to the one with the machine. They neatly swing their swords, taking out the guards. They run up the stairs and get rid of the soldiers on the battlement. Raktha grabs one of the soldier’s crossbows and shoot the goblins operating the machine before they can react.

dscn9291.jpg

Raktha: Well that was easy. We shou-

Infernum: Look out!

Infernum jumped over the side of the building, bringing his two companions with him. Moments after they jumped a fireball hit where they were, and the battlement burst into flames. It had been made by a wizard standing on a house across from them. The three land on the street, all on their feet.

dscn9293.jpg

Starandil: That was close!

His relief faded when he saw who were all around him. The Historicans had been pushed back. They were surrounded by Victor’s forces. They pulled out their swords within seconds and started slicing. Victor’s forces were even more shocked. The warriors created much confusion. The three ran down the street pushing through Victor’s unsuspecting and slicing through them as they went.

dscn9294.jpg

They ran back through the street towards their lines. The three were almost there.

Goblin: Take this you traitor!

With a screech he spears Raktha in the leg.

dscn9296.jpg

Raktha: Agh!

She falls to the ground. Infernum and Starandil stand around her, stabbing at anything that comes close. Suddenly they helped her up and made a dash through the front lines of Victor’s hoard. They collide with their own troops. Several help Raktha back to safety.

dscn9297.jpg

Infernum and Starandil: Charge! Push them back!

The Historicans exploded forward, crushing anything in their way. Victor’s forces are repelled back, shocked at the ferocity of the assault. Suddenly the defenders disappear. They have either retreated or been killed. The street has fallen!

dscn9298.jpg

Infernum: The street is ours!

Starandil: We have a straight shot to Victor’s keep now!

Brillian, the elf lord, walks up.

dscn9299.jpg

Brillian: Nice work my friends! But where is Raktha?

Infernum: Our companion was stabbed in the leg by a goblin. Starandil, any word on her condition?

Starandil: She’ll be fine. She only needs to rest for a few weeks.

Brillian: I wish her the best of recoveries. Her efforts were valiant! Now back to the matter at hand. We now have a path to Victor’s inner keep. The other warriors are still fighting. We shall attack now, before they are ready. Prepare the warriors.

Starandil: Ha, ha! Aye sir! I’d be more than happy to! Time to give that wizard what he deserves!

Infernum: We shall take him by surprise! Ha, ha! Let us prepare for a fight!

The three walk off talking about battle strategies and opportunities. They are ready for a fight, a fight to free Historica from the oppression of Victor forever.

End of Part Three

dscn9300.jpg

Victor stands in a large, black room with ominous stained glass windows. He is not alone. He stands with his most trusted advisors and generals, as well as his younger brother Kaine. The generals bring him constant updates on the battle.

The evil mastermind wears black robes and a black cape. His brother wears an eye patch over his left eye, where it had been permanently hurt in battle.

dscn9301.jpg

Near them stands a wizard. He wears grey and black robes under his long white beard. He and his order of wizards have joined Victor to survive, to weather the storm of revolution. He is Oden, a famous wizard of Avalonia, one thought to be wise.

dscn9302.jpg

Standing with Kaine, who strokes his black beard, itching for battle, is a pale woman. She wields a short blade and an assassin’s claw. She is a Vampiri of Mitgardia, and a deadly one. She is Nyythra, Kaine’s love interest.

dscn9303.jpg

Hand General: Sirs, the rebels have been sighted on their way here!

Victor: Ha! General, begin evacuating the rest of the troops and prisoners. Begin moving them to our strongholds.

Hand General: Yes sir! I will give the order.

dscn9304.jpg

As the others shuffle to escape the city through secret tunnels Kaine approaches his older brother.

Kaine: Brother, you must be insane! We will be giving up the city!

Victor: Open up your eyes, you do not see the depth of the situation. You see only the battle, not the war. We shall not entirely give up, you and I, as well as some others, will give a battle, then we will let them think they won.

dscn9305.jpg

Kaine: But what about our position, and the soldiers we lost!?!

Victor: This was just a momentary position. In the time we were here we have built dozens of strongholds, as well as captured double that number of cities. Their losses are much worse than ours; they have only scraped the surface of my army. Now stop complaining and get your men ready to fight!

Kaine: Yes, brother…

A pound is heard at the gate of Victor’s new castle. Victor’s soldiers hurry into position. After a few more pounds the door explodes inward, and attackers flood in. They are surprised to find very little resistance, and the area is captured in seconds. The leaders of the attackers meet. Among them are Brillain, Starandil, Infernum, and Sarnak, the Kaliphlinite leader. Also with them is the Nocturnian leader, Zarnak.

Starandil: Ha, did they already give up?

Brillian: If only, I think it’s likely they’re all waiting in Victor’s inner most chamber.

Sarnak: Waiting to ambush us.

Brillian: Exactly.

Infernum: So why don’t we go give them fight!

The besiegers found the door to Victor’s keep locked. They began breaking down the down the door. Inside Victor, Kaine, Oden stand along with wizards, orcs, and dozens of Hand of Curruption soldiers. They take positions in formations and await their besiegers.

The door snaps. A bloody battle begins. It is short but bloody. Kaine makes the first move. He lunges forward, spearing Sarnak in the chest. Then total chaos breaks loose.

dscn9307.jpg

Kaine spins his spear, knocking several Historicans to the ground as they try to attack him. The Hand of Corruption viscously attacks the Historicans. These are Victor’s and Kaine’s elite soldiers. Several wizards throw fireballs at the attackers. A lone Historican manages to break through Victor’s formation, and charges towards the wizard himself. He swings his sword at Victor, only to find a knife stab into his stomach. The wizard is a master of many weapons; even though he appears an old man he is much more.

dscn9308.jpg

The battle continues. Victor puts up a barrier of magic around him as he prepares to summon a powerful elemental. Suddenly an ornate blade slices through the air. Holding it is Nyythra, the female vampiri.

Nyythra: Take this you pointy eared scum!

The blade plants itself into the back of Brillian. Nyythra darts away as Brillian collapses.

dscn9309.jpg

The great wizard Oden stands with wide eyes watching all this. Never in his long life has he witnessed this much carnage.

Oden: This is wrong…

Suddenly he runs toward Victor. He summons all his magic. Victor raises his staff to unleash the elemental. With a yell Oden jumps into the magic. The magic of the two most powerful wizards on the planet collides in an explosion of color. Both sides are blown into the air by the force of the explosion. All that remains of the two wizards is a pile of ash.

dscn9310.jpg

The Historicans stand up, stunned.

Avalonian: Victor is dead!

Kaliphlinite: We are free!

The Hand of Corruption soldiers lay down their weapons, they are beat. Kaine and Nyythra have disappeared. Infernum and Starandil talk.

dscn9311.jpg

Infernum: Kaine and that Vampiri have both disappeared.

Starandil: Aye, I also think some of Victor’s soldiers have also escaped through some tunnel or other. I’ve just talked to some messengers; Victor’s forces have vanished from the streets. Where to? I don’t know.

Infernum: I don’t think this is the last we’ll hear of Kaine. But what of Sarnak and Brillian?

They begin searching for them. They have both been killed.

dscn9312.jpg

Starandil: It is hard to believe one person can bring about so much destruction.

Infernum: The more I think about it the more I doubt that he’s dead. Do you think that explosion was enough to kill him?

Starandil: Ah, we can only hope!

Two men walk through the dark back alleys of Cedrica. They were black cloaks that hide their features.

dscn9313.jpg

Kaine: Brother, I finally see the genius of your plan now. How does it feel to be a dead man?

Victor: Like all my waiting has finally paid off. I am ready to fulfill the rest of my plan.

THE END

Hope you enjoyed! I think the last photos turned out great! :sweet:

-Infernum

P.S.:

This is how I took the last photo.

dscn9314_0001.jpg

There is an interior side for the second build too.

dscn9250.jpg

There's also one for the first, but I don't have a pic yet.

Edited by Infernum

Great entry! I love the minifig posing, you've really captured some action there! Looking forward to the rest :classic:

Thanks guys!

Wow! This is great! I loved the story as much as I loved the build. That first section of words is magnificent!

Thanks! I enjoyed writing the story a lot! :classic:

Great entry! I love the minifig posing, you've really captured some action there! Looking forward to the rest :classic:

Thanks! I'll have the next part up tomorrow or Thursday. :wink:

Cool build and the story is very well written :thumbup:

The figs are also excellent :classic:

Thanks SK!

Great story and excellent posing of the figs, that took some time I guess :wink:

Heh, heh. :grin: . Yeah a little bit of time. :laugh: . Thanks!

The story so far is well written and the posing is great! Nice touch with the arch over the gate. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

The story so far is well written and the posing is great! Nice touch with the arch over the gate. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks! The arch took a while! It kept falling apart. :grin:

Nice gate! Nice soldiers! looking good!

Thanks!

sorry dude, totally overlooked that during the crazyness yesterday. So in short: really cool mocs. It's got what I don't have: fantasy!

Great fight scene in the second part :thumbup: The fortified buildings are cool as is the fireball machine (very cool fireball effect as well).

The posing you gave the figs really captures the chaos of battle :classic:

sorry dude, totally overlooked that during the crazyness yesterday. So in short: really cool mocs. It's got what I don't have: fantasy!

Thanks a ton! :classic:

Great fight scene in the second part :thumbup: The fortified buildings are cool as is the fireball machine (very cool fireball effect as well).

The posing you gave the figs really captures the chaos of battle :classic:

Thanks! It was surprisingly hard to set up the fireball. It was super fun to pose the figs. :sweet:

Very interesting twist! The stained glass and fight are excellent :thumbup:

Cool that you did interiors for your second build as well :classic:

That indoors MOC looks really ominous! Perfect for Revolword's hideout. Nice entry! :thumbup:

That are some awesome builds!!! :) I really love your interior :) also excellent end of the story even if it is not really an end :p

Wow, your action scenes and minifigs posings are so great! I love the pic with the big troll in front! The interior scene looks very creepy and sinister! Well done!

mwaaaah ha ha ha haaaa! I really enjoyed this story. The battle scene is really well done, the figure posing makes it very alive. The fireballs and puff of smoke effects are very inventive. I like the third photo, looking up at the gate, it feels very ominous. Great entry!

:classic:

Really cool, so much action, and a very creative siege feel to the whole story and the builds. I liked the colors used also, we don't see enough of that crimson red. Great job, good story!

Great stuff Infernum, the story is well written and the builds are very nice. The dark red works really well combined with lbg in your first build. And the interior has an evil feeling that fits the story and I really like the trans clear part you've used for the explosion! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Very interesting twist! The stained glass and fight are excellent :thumbup:

Cool that you did interiors for your second build as well :classic:

Thanks! I enjoyed building these so much because it was the first time for me to do any of these type builds. :wink:

That indoors MOC looks really ominous! Perfect for Revolword's hideout. Nice entry! :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

That are some awesome builds!!! :) I really love your interior :) also excellent end of the story even if it is not really an end :p

Thanks! Yeah, not really an end, but most the Historicans think it is. Think of it like the end of the beginning. :wink:

Wow, your action scenes and minifigs posings are so great! I love the pic with the big troll in front! The interior scene looks very creepy and sinister! Well done!

Thanks a tone DG! It means a lot coming from you!

mwaaaah ha ha ha haaaa! I really enjoyed this story. The battle scene is really well done, the figure posing makes it very alive. The fireballs and puff of smoke effects are very inventive. I like the third photo, looking up at the gate, it feels very ominous. Great entry!

:classic:

Thanks! I really enjoyed writing this story! :classic:

Really cool, so much action, and a very creative siege feel to the whole story and the builds. I liked the colors used also, we don't see enough of that crimson red. Great job, good story!

Thanks! I love that dark red color! :classic:

Great stuff Infernum, the story is well written and the builds are very nice. The dark red works really well combined with lbg in your first build. And the interior has an evil feeling that fits the story and I really like the trans clear part you've used for the explosion! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Thanks a ton, O Great Leader! :wink:

I think I agree here that the strongest attribute is the figure combinations and they way they are posed. It's clear you spent some time developing this story and really got your builds to fit it well. Bravo!

I think I agree here that the strongest attribute is the figure combinations and they way they are posed. It's clear you spent some time developing this story and really got your builds to fit it well. Bravo!

Thanks a ton ZC!