Sign in to follow this  
A2L

How to store minifigures with capes?

What is the best way to store minifigures with their capes on? Storing in zip pouches bends and curl the capes around the figures' bodies on the sides. Keeping them open with other elements results in nicks. These are not on display and need to be stored. As of now I am removing the capes and storing them, but I would like to store them with the cape on, without dedicating too much space like individual small box for each.

Store them in a zip bag/pouch, but add a piece of stiff cardboard slightly smaller than the bag itself. This will help keep the bag flat and prevent the curling of the cape. You may also need to increase the size of the bag if you are using one that only just holds the figure.

I store them standing on a large plate that inside a box.

Picture20149_zpsa2947cb0.jpg

Edited by dr_spock

Thanks for the great ideas. I'll start with mmcb's and move on to dr_spock's when I collect many of them with capes.

I typically have all of mine standing up as well. I don't really store too many figures since most of them are on "display" in my basement. I have enough shelving to just line them up on little plates so they don't topple over. Or I just have a stack of capes that I may use for other figures sometime.

The Dollar Store has some deep enough containers (for $1, naturally) that would allow you to keep them standing, but also in a case.