Superkalle

CMF Decorations in LDD 4.3.6, Series 1-10

I got this from the LDD Team in Billund (thanks Paw!).

It contains minifigures from series 1-9 for the brickset 1033.

Total.lxf

Here is an updated files by Aanchir, that contains minifigures from series 1-10 for the brickset 1128.

For more informations, read the release notes.

Awesome, thankyou! Does Aanchir know (in case he does the work unnecessarily)?

maybe it becomes to bulky if they include all decorations?! they should create an ultimate option with these available :)

Magnificent! Thank you so much for this... the wait for the 600+ new decorations to be unveiled was nigh unbearable!

There's a few errors here and there, though. For instance, I noticed that the Series 2 Pharaoh has the Series 5 Egyptian Queen's torso, and a few face decorations (such as the Series 6 Flamenco Dancer's) are outright missing. I assume that these errors are because the correct decorations are not in LEGO Digital Designer's software?

Although, and I do acknowledge that we're taking baby steps here since there are so many decorations to cover, perhaps it might be a good idea, until these decorations are properly implemented in the Decoration Tool, to think about making multiple versions of each torso or leg decoration. By that, I mean... just for example, applying the Series 1 Robot's torso decoration to a standard minifigure torso (rather than the original set's "mechanical right arm torso") or applying the Series 7 Galaxy Patrol's leg decoration to the normal leg of the "Monster Fighters cyborg legs".

As I said, this is a lot to cover (especially since there are six different torso types and three different leg types that all support decorations), so I can be patient and wait until someone is brave (or foolish) enough to tackle such a project.

Thanks so much for this, Superkalle! :sweet:

Now to update all my CMF sets.

I just noticed a glitch on the hula girl torso. Her hands seem to stay in the same place when the arms are rotated. :sceptic:

Not sure why that is, but I'll have a look if it happens to any other printed torsos.

I just noticed a glitch on the hula girl torso. Her hands seem to stay in the same place when the arms are rotated. :sceptic:

Not sure why that is, but I'll have a look if it happens to any other printed torsos.

Teddy bear guy have this bug, too.

8562838298_15de231e1e_z.jpg

arm bug by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Strange thing... I can't open the lxf file as a zip file.

Is my corrupt or something has changed and I didn't realize that?

Mine is suddenly corrupt, but it wasn't at first. Good thing I exported all of the new parts into another file.

Also, I'm not having this hand glitch with the Sleepy Kid or the Hula Girl.. not sure about the old file, though. I'm having the issue with the Hula Girl, but not the Sleepy Kid.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

It is not actually an LXF but LXFML file. That's why it appears to be corrupted. File extension is wrong.

I can't render them all with LDD2Povray 1.2.9. Maybe have to wait for next update.

Thank you for pointing this out, it is fixed in latest release (1.2.10). LDD 4.3.6 contains some new parts having IDs with 6 digits and it was more than expected by version 1.2.9.

By the way, this file contains one part, which is not in the latest brickset. I recommend to resave the file in the LDD before converting. It will fix unsupported brick and also mismatch in file format and extension.

Edited by hrontos

It is not actually an LXF but LXFML file. That's why it appears to be corrupted. File extension is wrong.

Oh, so obvious! :facepalm:

Five minutes of poor showing for me, as I didn't thought to a so simple solution!

Thanks

Thank you for pointing this out, it is fixed in latest release (1.2.10). LDD 4.3.6 contains some new parts having IDs with 6 digits and it was more than expected by version 1.2.9.By the way, this file contains one part, which is not in the latest brickset. I recommend to resave the file in the LDD before converting. It will fix unsupported brick and also mismatch in file format and extension.
@'hrontos', thanks you very much for update LDD2PovRay to version 1.2.10.

But I still have to remove three 6 digits parts 600815, 601607 and 600880 to render CMF 1-9 without error.

Solved by regenerating includes (uncheck Don't generate includes) as 'hrontos' suggested.

8563439453_8989009061.jpg

Easy to test with different skin colors:

8564639758_b2159c32b5_n.jpg 8564687868_0e5e583f26_n.jpg

LEGO LDD CMF 1-9 skin colors back view by Nachapon S., on Flickr

8586881531_57bdeb5d19_z.jpg

LEGO CMF skin decor test 2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

8583123258_bbdc697271_z.jpg

LEGO CMF skin decor test by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

I noticed the hands are a little bit "off-alignement" which seems to cause this. Might be that the file has been programatically generated and the position of the hands are a bit off. If you replace the hula dancers torso with a fresh one from the palette, it works.

@bbqqq - really nice renderings. Looks fantastic :thumbup:

@'hrontos', thanks you very much for update LDD2PovRay to version 1.2.10.

But I still have to remove three 6 digits parts 600815, 601607 and 600880 to render CMF 1-9 without error.

You are welcome.

What problem did you experienced with those parts? I tried it with the whole file without problem. It is necessary to convert at least model with 1.2.10 to force regenerating of some include files. After that, rendering of this file should work.

@bbqqq - really nice renderings. Looks fantastic :thumbup:

Thank you, Superkalle. I can't render that without the file you have shared. :sweet:

You are welcome.

What problem did you experienced with those parts? I tried it with the whole file without problem. It is necessary to convert at least model with 1.2.10 to force regenerating of some include files. After that, rendering of this file should work.

Thanks for quick reply. You are right, it's solved by regenerating includes (uncheck Don't generate includes). :sweet:

I think ill give each minifig his own 8 x 8 dioramma with about 50 pieces added (serperate files of course) maybe ill post them too if i can figure out how to render and all that cool stuff.

Great, I'm away for a week and I find a large quantity of my work is done for me. I've been hard at work making all the CMFs! I had been keeping away from Eurobricks to focus on schoolwork and only just now came back to post my progress.

The one in the first post is unfortunately incomplete in some respects. In my version, there are only eight decorations missing from series 1-8, and parts that are missing one or more decorations are marked in 294 Phosphorescent Green. I can also see some of the parts in the version provided by the LDD team lack colors (for instance, the S3 Alien's eyes are uncolored). So at least my work didn't completely go to waste.

There are also some bugs present in both my version and the LDD Team's version. Arm decorations do not line up correctly with the decoration surfaces, for instance, and the Minotaur's eyes are identical when they should be mirror images of each other.

In my version, any silver-painted parts are colored 298 Cool Silver Drum Lacquered, any gold-painted parts are colored 310 Metallized Gold, and any copper-painted parts are colored 139 Copper.

Still got a lot more decorations to match and present in a form that can be used as a custom palette... and yes, I will also try to get a spreadsheet of Bricklink equivalents put together so you can update LDD Manager with new decorated parts. Just wanted to share this so people know I haven't been completely isolating myself from the latest update and am still hard at work.

Aanchir, everything looks great! I noticed that you left some of the pieces in a transparent light green. Not a big deal. Not a deal at all. Just cool. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we're very grateful for all the hard work you've put into this.

The one in the first post is unfortunately incomplete in some respects. In my version, there are only eight decorations missing from series 1-8, and parts that are missing one or more decorations are marked in 294 Phosphorescent Green. I can also see some of the parts in the version provided by the LDD team lack colors (for instance, the S3 Alien's eyes are uncolored). So at least my work didn't completely go to waste.

There are also some bugs present in both my version and the LDD Team's version. Arm decorations do not line up correctly with the decoration surfaces, for instance, and the Minotaur's eyes are identical when they should be mirror images of each other.

Nice work! I did spot an error though, you have the Series 3 Pilot's backpack in medium dark flesh (medium nougat) rather than the dark tan (sand yellow) it is supposed to be.

Nice work! I did spot an error though, you have the Series 3 Pilot's backpack in medium dark flesh (medium nougat) rather than the dark tan (sand yellow) it is supposed to be.

Ah, alright. I was working from memory with that one. My bad. I'll correct that now.

There are a couple other errors like leaving off the Musketeer's feather which I've also corrected. Don't be afraid to notify me if you see any other (avoidable/unintentional) errors. I was posting this mainly for decorations reference, but that's no excuse for sloppy coloring (especially since with so many months spent correcting color errors people have posted in official sets I of all people should know better).

The coloring of certain parts in 294 Phosphorescent Green was a deliberate error. This way by using the "color selection" tool you can instantly highlight every part that is missing a decoration. In retrospect I could have sort of halfway hid the inaccuracy of this decision by only coloring the faulty decoration surfaces this color, rather than the whole part, but in any event that color error was intentional on my part.

Edited by Aanchir