Sign in to follow this  
SalvoBrick

Shell modular service station

This is my first "real" modular, and with "real" I mean with technic holes on the sides, open roof and complete interiors :classic:

I did it using only spare bricks: the design could have been better, but, hey, I did it for fun! :laugh:

It's a 16-wide, modular service station, done for the "servo showdown" contest. Since I had a old "Shell" printed brick, the gas brand is... Shell :)

I already have another bigger service station in my diorama, but this is more detailed. Once the contest will end, I migth tear it down, I haven't decided yet.

So, let see the pictures:

shell_service_06.jpg

three figures and a vehicle, plus the station, of course

shell_service_07.jpg

A hippy driving a VW minivan is a classic, isn't it? :wink:

shell_service_09.jpg

A picture of the inside

shell_service_10.jpg

Another one

shell_service_11.jpg

Final group picture, I hope you liked :classic:

Really nice work with the station and with the Hippy VW minivan :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice VW there my fellow combatant......see your final result, not bad at all. :wink:

Brick On Battle On 'SalvoBrick' ! :grin:

Beautiful Shell station ...I love this logo and its amazing colors! :wub:

I like how you have reproduced, with modern techniques, the design of the first Shell stations produced by Lego in the sixties! :blush:

This looks great and the van is a nice touch. I'm hoping in the future TLG will release smaller modular sets like the one you've built. Maybe around ~$75-100. They could add to a Lego town and it's always good to have a variety of similar items at different price points.

Great Shell station SalvoBrick, I especially love the shape of the roof and those very nice pumps. The interior is very well, done, too! Good luck! :thumbup:

Looks really good and full of details. Some were complaining about the size restrictions but you've pulled it off with using only half the size well done!

Hola!

Excellent modular servo, SalvoBrick. You've captured the right level of detail - not a box, but not incongruously elaborate. Best of luck in the showdown.

Ev-Man

It's easy to make a MOC when you can choose between an unlimited variety of bricks, or when you order the bricks you need (in shape and color) from several sources... :wink: It's harder to do a nice MOC using only the leftovers of several dozens of other MOCs... :sweet:

This is really nicely done! The vintage "Shell-Station-Look" reminds me of my childhood! :sweet:

I like the hippie driving that lovely Bully - great combination!

Very nice, compact service station. It looks the part of a late 1960's service station, especially with the hippie and the VW mini van.

Good luck in the ontet!

Andy D