galacticslave

Box Cars and American Trains

I'm new to Lego Trains (well returning from childhood really) and I'd like to make a rake of US style boxcars or reefers. Could anyone tell me where I can get good instructions for these?

I remember there were some good building instructions in Jacob Mckee's "Getting Started with Lego Trains" and I'd love to get these instructions but the book is ridiculously expensive now. I'm putting together a collection of American trains and would like instructions for any US rolling stock, particularly Amtrak engines and carriages.

Most (Well nearly all.) my trains are British or European. I have a few box cars on my flickr pages that you are welcome to look at for inspiration if you like, but not sure how suitable they would be for US trains!

galacticslave -- Forgive the late reply but my MOC: Boxcar for 10219 Maersk Train is heavily influenced by the Old-Style Refrigerator Car in Getting Started with LEGO Trains. I followed the instructions for the Old-Style Refrigerator Car last year and built two; one in Sand Green and one in Dark Orange.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave